Cory’s Covid journey

Cory

I remember following @sodfather journal and decided to document mine as well. I felt like I was extremely hung over all day and haven’t had a drink in weeks so I just brushed it off as a head cold. So On my way back from the cabin I call the wife and she asked me to go get a rapid test. I did and it came back positive. Had to call my superintendent at work and tell him right away . Hopefully nobody else is infected! 

As I sit here at 3 am I can feel the fever starting to set in. I have the chills and a pretty dry cough. I’m quarantined to the basement. My wife put the gate up and the dogs are sitting at the top of the stairs whining. My youngest sons birthday is Tuesday and I won’t be able to see him witch is heartbreaking even though he’s right up stairs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

Good Luck, Cory. I didn't get the head cold symptoms, but had the body aches. I took 2 Tylenol before bed a few nights and it helped a lot. Stay hydrated- water, gatorade, etc. drink a ton of fluids. And keep taking your daily multi-vitamin.

Good morning world! Day three in the Covid quarantine, woke  up feeling better than yesterday I really think this is almost passed. My lower back and hips are extremely sore. I’m used to never sitting and moving all day so this lounging around stuff has me sore. I’m going to try and tackle some small jobs or should I say create some small jobs to do today down in my hole. 

• Like 2

Good morning world! Day three in the Covid quarantine, woke  up feeling better than yesterday I really think this is almost passed. My lower back and hips are extremely sore. I’m used to never sitting and moving all day so this lounging around stuff has me sore. I’m going to try and tackle some small jobs or should I say create some small jobs to do today down in my hole. 

The hips is where I had it. I felt much better walking outside by myself than sitting indoors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cory said:

I toughest part of today is definitely the fact that it’s my youngest 9th birthday today. I can only FaceTime with him and he’s right upstairs.

I couldn't imagine not being able to interact in person with one of my kids on their birthday.

Day 4 of another fun filled day in quarantine. I feel good not 100% probably 85%. Walking on the treadmill for an hour yesterday definitely helped with the hip soreness. I just want to plead with everyone to please take all precautions to prevent catching this. Even though I didn’t get the extreme sickness this sucks. Stopping life is so damn boring. Take care of yourselves!

• Like 3