Wifes new hunting shack

Nytracker

12 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

That's sweet, got any inside pics?

I dont have any inside pics.  I will try to get some this week. After trailing it 100 miles I just wanted it off the trailer safe. Was a bit top heavey and trailer was narrow but it was the only flat bed trailer I had available. Camo paint  is up to the wife .

Its big enough  for 4 people and 2 shooters. I could sleep in it. I don't think I could elevate it with out heavey equipment. To damn big.

Nytracker, for whatever it is worth my shack is board/batten too like that, deer have not at all been bothered.  I feel like the stand is so big, that it’s not even looked at by deer, as a traditional treestand, if that makes sense. If you stain it, or water seal, i would let it sit until summer so the boards dry, unless they dried the boards prior.  You are probably already aware of that though, anyways very nice, and the octagon corners are great.  I am not treating my tower, it will weather into a gray color anyway, and I feel its high up enough with large enough overhangs to not get wet, to last quite some time. 

Edited by Bionic

If I would have known you could have borrowed my 6 by 12 trailer I use to haul my quads. Low deck and the sides fold down. Very nice shooting house, and yes inside photos please .  I would say it’s a even trade the misses shooting  house for your new browning  :yes:.. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Thanks 1

Wow.....that's a work of art.
Any plexi going on the windows? Or is it already there? If you don't mind what did it cost?
I build a shack on a trailer 2 years ago for the one property we hunt and last summer basically build an elevated deer blind and attached a swing set for my boys to have as a playhouse. With the cost of lumber and materials going up significantly I was going to price one built from the amish this winter as we are adding an elevated blind to another property we hunt.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, rob-c said:

If I would have known you could have borrowed my 6 by 12 trailer I use to haul my quads. Low deck and the sides fold down. Very nice shooting house, and yes inside photos please .  I would say it’s a even trade the misses shooting  house for your new browning  :yes:.. 

I appreciate  the offer the trailer its on is 6x10. Not sure if would have been better off unless it was a true deck over with wider axles. Deck was ok .. axles might have been 5 foot .

1 hour ago, Nytracker said:

Windows  have plexiglass.  Floor is one inch oak planks .Door has key locks . Cost was 700.. They deliver for $1.00 /mile.

Wife says she wants it painted like her muddy girl rifle .... I pray she is kidding.  Im thinking stain and seal .

700?!  Jebus man, I payed more than that building an 8x4 all by myself.  Granted that includes 12 foot raised platform, but still!

• Like 1

Wow, they even let you have the pieces leftover from the kit! :P

Just kidding, very nice shed. Could you share where you got it from? Or at least what county? 

I got my wife a Rubbermaid shed for her gardening stuff a few years ago. Thank goodness she didn't see this post. I'd be in trouble.

• Haha 1

They are in Wellsville ny i think that's Cattaraugus County. Facebook marketplace. As they are amish you have to go through  an intermediary  person. Made it a pain . Drove 100 miles one way to look at it and leave a deposit. When I didn't hear  from them I drove back over to check on it  they were a month late .  Had to drive back over and pick it up .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

They are in Wellsville ny i think that's Cattaraugus County. Facebook marketplace. As they are amish you have to go through  an intermediary  person. Made it a pain . Drove 100 miles one way to look at it and leave a deposit. When I didn't hear  from them I drove back over to check on it  they were a month late .  Had to drive back over and pick it up .

Holy, yep wellsville is a hike for you..

33 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Wellsville is Allegheny county . But ther are sold all over but they are not all created equal. 

• Like 2

very nice. Two thoughts: Are the batten strips nailed to just one side? If so you will need to nail the  other side down once the softwood boards have dried (shrunk). Also, if the floor and joists are not pressure treated, it will last a lot longer if you can raise it off of the ground by a foot, for better air circulation.

• Like 1