Pulling a larry/lawdwaz

Red

With the holidays close and the boys hockey practices today I was gonna go out for a few hrs of hunting at a local spot in the middle of the day today.

At 915 I pull up to my spot in East Aurora toss on my boots neck gator grab my backpack. I go to the back seat to grab my muzzle loader where the F is my gun. I call home to make sure that I forgot it in the garage and not in the driveway yup it's in the garage. 

Back at home changed clothes and off to take my youngest to hockey practice.

Here's my sign lol. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I had a little glitch with my ML this morning also.  Rain was in the forecast, so I taped up the muzzle, prior to leaving my inlaw's house.  I got all setup at my spot this morning, umbrella up, seat setup, etc, then realized the ramrod was still back at the house.

There was a load in the gun, and I put a primer on at sunrise.  Had a deer showed up, I would have really needed to make that shot count.  Any "finishing" would have needed to be done with my Buck 110 knife.    Nothing was moving this morning, so I did not need to try that.

I will be back at it one more weekend, down in the southern zone.  One more deer for the freezer would be nice.

20201213_092402.jpg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I had a little glitch with my ML this morning also.  Rain was in the forecast, so I taped up the muzzle, prior to leaving my inlaw's house.  I got all setup at my spot this morning, umbrella up, seat setup, etc, then realized the ramrod was still back at the house.

There was a load in the gun, and I put a primer on at sunrise.  Had a deer showed up, I would have really needed to make that shot count.  Any "finishing" would have needed to be done with my Buck 110 knife.    Nothing was moving this morning, so I did not need to try that.

I will be back at it one more weekend, down in the southern zone.  One more deer for the freezer would be nice.

20201213_092402.jpg

Wolc, someday I hope to convert you to using finger cots to cover the muzzle of you ML. They also come in handy if you cut your finger.

Latex Rubber Finger Cots Small Medium Large - Multibuy | eBay

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Wolc, someday I hope to convert you to using finger cots to cover the muzzle of you ML. They also come in handy if you cut your finger.

Latex Rubber Finger Cots Small Medium Large - Multibuy | eBay

That's what I do to cover the muzzle of my ML . Roll them up so they look like a mini condom and slip one on the barrel . Shoot right through them 

• Like 1

th?id=OIP.h8qXiEfpeDpGn4uZszpqUQHaHa%2526pid=Api%26f=1&key=735dd796055d894cc501d40b610dd715429b04dddd27528e123b55cb9e2eb946

Just bringing [mention]Chef [/mention] and [mention]Pygmy [/mention] into this conversation ... why do I think they may have lots to add based on the pic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Red said:

With the holidays close and the boys hockey practices today I was gonna go out for a few hrs of hunting at a local spot in the middle of the day today.

At 915 I pull up to my spot in East Aurora toss on my boots neck gator grab my backpack. I go to the back seat to grab my muzzle loader where the F is my gun. I call home to make sure that I forgot it in the garage and not in the driveway yup it's in the garage. 

Back at home changed clothes and off to take my youngest to hockey practice.

Here's my sign lol. 

How'd you remember that?!?!  It wasn't my finest hour.......it's easy to laugh about it now.  :)

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

How'd you remember that?!?!  It wasn't my finest hour.......it's easy to laugh about it now.  :)

I remembered thinking when you posted that last year that's something I could picture myself doing some time down the road. Lol

Wasn't that also the last day when you forgot your gun?