rubber boot recomendations

Hey everyone, my current 18" Lacrosse Alpha Burly's are 6 seasons old, and beginning to split out.  I will be investing in a new pair of similar boots for next season.  Aside from the Lacrosse and Muck brands, what else if out there in 16-18" 1000 gram "rubber" boot that are good.  The Lacrosse have proven themselves, but I'm not married to the brand, if something else comes along I'll take a look.

Thanks in advance.

50 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

My bafffins are crazy warm but very clunky and big.   I have the riubber version with inserts.    Had to be awful cold for me to wear them.   Great for late late season but not fun to walk in.  

These are pretty easy to walk a fairly long way in if you had to.  I have these for 45-32 degree sits and they shine.........scent control, traction and durability are great. 

https://www.baffin.com/products/85920000

My other Baffin's are HEAVY, CLUNKY etc. :)

Edited by Lawdwaz

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

These are pretty easy to walk a fairly long way in if you had to.  I have these for 45-32 degree sits and they shine.........scent control, traction and durability are great. 

https://www.baffin.com/products/85920000

My other Baffin's are HEAVY, CLUNKY etc. :)

I wear these boots for late season and then ice fishing.  They aren't too bad to walk in.

Last idk 10 or 15 years ive just worn Muck boots , mostly for the easy on / off and crossing ditches filled with water . One pair of socks, it’s not like we hunt in really cold  temps . They are fine .

I may look at Dryshod  . 

Honestly I picked up a pair of cabela's 800 gram rubber boots in August and was very skeptical. They ended up being awesome this season. I think I have worn them from the start of bow up until today. Only had a few really cold days and for that I just added a toe warmer to the top of my sock.
I bought a pair of their 400 gram version as well for turkey season....and I think those were 60.00 on sale when I grabbed them. If they last me a few seasons I will be more than happy.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

These are both Baffin....I forget what the pair on the right are called (probably similar to what Mr B is referring to) the left side are my Trappers.

CE2C902C-C60F-4F88-941B-EF0BB17D7A51.jpeg

I think I have the titan model.  Rubber with a snow cuff. Very thick warm insert but I swear my size 14 leave the print of an 18 boot.  

46 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I think I have the titan model.  Rubber with a snow cuff. Very thick warm insert but I swear my size 14 leave the print of an 18 boot.  

Not the boot to be wearing while driving.   The sole covers accelerator, brake and E brake. Lol

• Like 1

I have two pairs of dryshod boots. The southland’s on the left and the nosho gusset XT’s on the right. I got them this year and wore the southland’s in the spring and early bow and just recently the gusset’s during the rifle and late muzzle loader up in the ADK’s so far I like both walked six plus miles in both and went through snow and ice cold streams sat for a few hours in 20-30* weather with the gusset’s and never got a chill. They seem to be built like a tank,but only time will tell. I like my mucks but they seem to leak after a year or two.
a1764550f3e66f6bfbffd1be947bf335.jpg
4019bc3d9888f0dbde2911a2d0f45045.jpg
b7c59a6248cc1fa015de5ed613764e9e.jpg
The southland’s are size 9 and the gusset’s size 10. I just wore my poly liners and a pair of socks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 6:30 PM, Lawdwaz said:

These are both Baffin....I forget what the pair on the right are called (probably similar to what Mr B is referring to) the left side are my Trappers.

CE2C902C-C60F-4F88-941B-EF0BB17D7A51.jpeg

Just ordered a pair of the Trappers from Shoe.com for $70.00 and free shipping. $30 off.  If you guys are as good at picking boots as you are at killing deer I should be very happy.:santa:

• Haha 1

I had some Redhead muck boots and they started leaking after a couple of uses. I bought some GumLeaf boots and they’re very good. Perhaps overkill but they should last a while. My experience with LaCrosse waders has been that they make a good product and they have excellent customer service. Perhaps that’s a good middle price point.