How do you name your treestands?

Otto

Much like everyone else-location or people's name. We have the

Cherry Tree Stand, upgraded to the Cherry Tree hut

Kim's stand

Jake and Dan's (2 ladder stands put up by my brothers buddy on the same tree when he used to take his 10 year old out with him-darn kid is 24 years old now)

Will's back stand

Kenny's stand

Hedgerow stand

Gully stand

Back Corner stand

Buddy Stand

And probably a couple of other's I can't remember

mostly unnamed. A few are named.

Nut Hut #1

Nut hut #2 (both back up to a 4 lane road ROW)

Shootin' House

triple pine stand

triple spruce stand

a area we used to hunt had a big rock we used for a watch. The rock has a fissure, and whenever we stood there we put a penny in the fissure. Was called the penny rock. 

Keep it pretty simple

Pines stand--southwest corner stand--creek stand--cousins ground blind--buddy stand behind cousin's ground blind--spider hut(cousin named it as he is scared chitless of spider's n it was full of babies during bow).used to have some old wooden houses my grandfather built that are now unsafe and broken apart.(big house,slaughter house and hightower)

• Like 1

Lots of names that have half ass meaning where I hunt but there is one pretty special stand........"The Coyote" stand.  It got it's name 10-12 years ago when I had an "epic" (as you young guys call it) morning.  It was the first week of December I believe and my buck tag was already filled.  I was just trying for a doe,  or two if I got really lucky.  I ended up shooting a beauty of a doe around 9am.  She ran from the ridge down to the creek bottom below my stand and expired.  I was hunting out of my Summit climber that morning so I lowered my gun, climbed down and proceeded to gut her then drag her up onto my side of the gully.  I had about 90 minutes before I was to meet my buddies and go for breakfast so I climbed back up the tree and reloaded the gun.  Not 20 minutes later I saw a lone coyote slinking along the ridge, glancing down at the gut pile.  I quickly got her in my scope and made the shot.  She ran down to were the doe died and piled up!  Wow, how cool  was that??

I climbed back down the tree, hiked down to the creek and dragged the 'yote up to lay next to the doe.  I climbed back UP the tree and figured I'd wait out the remaining time up there, why not?  Not ten minutes later another coyote came sneaking along the ridge.........BANG.  I climbed back down, hiked down and up the other side and had to put in a finishing shot on that one.

Two coyote and a doe in 90 minutes with the T/C 50 cal Encore......needless to say before the next fall we had put a ladder stand up against the same tree I shimmied up and down that unreal morning like a crazy red squirrel.  :)

1jIjI3j.jpg

Lots of bucks and doe have been taken from that ladder stand since that day.  As a matter of fact, I killed a doe from that stand two Saturday's ago........

t1j0wic.jpg

• Like 10

Cool thread idea.
I hunt my buddies camp with him and the guys and they have a ton of stands mostly named after the people who set them and others based on Location. Here are the ones I remember:
Yellow ladder
Michael 1
Micheal 2
Clarks
Docs
Jim's
Hairpin
10point
Twin Maple
Stonewall
Slouse
Buddy stand
Arrow stand
Marks
Gene's
Blow down stand
Corner stand
Crows nest
Bear stand
Orchard stand

There are more but we don't sit most of them so I can't remember the names.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ok here goes we got alot of them first the dirty a$$ stand. the hot dog stand. The top of the hill , the high stand ,the bucket seat stand.the food plot stand.the stand in the woods ,end of the narrow field stand, the cemetery stand the big field bow stand, the food plot bow stand i think thats it 

Walts stand
Far stand
Tower
Double
Inner Hole
Outer Hole
Field Edge
Pine
Jeffs
New Ladder

Some old ones up north

Beech nut
Boulder
Dead Mans Watch- my Gramps actually found a hunter who passed away on watch here.
Swamp - that I called scary ass swamp of death when I was in my teens walking in there in the pitch black lol
Beaver death stand - some rickety ass stand my uncle would put me in on a beaver pond. Swore if I had to let go of my death grip on the tree to shoot a deer I’d fall into the pond and get eaten by said beaver!
Willow
Dads ridge

We also had the Meat drive, the Battery drive bunch I have forgotten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Walts stand
Far stand
Tower
Double
Inner Hole
Outer Hole
Field Edge
Pine
Jeffs
New Ladder

Some old ones up north

Beech nut
Boulder
Dead Mans Watch- my Gramps actually found a hunter who passed away on watch here.
Swamp - that I called scary ass swamp of death when I was in my teens walking in there in the pitch black lol
Beaver death stand - some rickety ass stand my uncle would put me in on a beaver pond. Swore if I had to let go of my death grip on the tree to shoot a deer I’d fall into the pond and get eaten by said beaver!
Willow
Dads ridge

We also had the Meat drive, the Battery drive bunch I have forgotten

Found a guy dead in the stand.  More to this story.....please. wow that's crazy....

This is great, we do the same,

Swamp stand

24 Footer

Behind the houses

Across the tracks

Remington

10 pt Stand

Oak Stand

Engineer Stand

Dads Stand (one of my hunting buddies fathers stand that passed)

Overwatch

195 (by the 195 marker off the tracks)

Pine Stand

Rob's Stand

Brian's Stand

Chris's Stand

Trip Pod

Johnsons

Michael Road

Can't think of any more....I spend the most time at Across the Tracks, Chris's Stand, 195 and 24 footer...

By location or encounters when created.

My property:

Creek Ladder

Creek Mound

Cousins Ladder

The Blind

Short Ladder

Pine Rock

Back of Pond Ladder

Behind Pond Ladder

At cousin's camp:

Powerlines Stand

Original Powerlines Stand 

Twin Ponds

Crows Nest

Pine Run

Red Pines Blind

Red Pines Stand 

Dog Leg Ladder

Clear cut 

Found a guy dead in the stand.  More to this story.....please. wow that's crazy....

My Gramps after he retired for a few years worked during hunting season as a line patrol along I think it was Rockefeller property up near Paul Smiths. One side was state the other the private estate. One morning while hiking the line he came upon and old guy on watch sitting on a stump dead as a door nail. I think it ended up just heart failure/old age. Prolly saw a monster buck lol!! From then on we always called it Dead Mans Watch. This would have been jeeze 40 plus years ago.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

My Gramps after he retired for a few years worked during hunting season as a line patrol along I think it was Rockefeller property up near Paul Smiths. One side was state the other the private estate. One morning while hiking the line he came upon and old guy on watch sitting on a stump dead as a door nail. I think it ended up just heart failure/old age. Prolly saw a monster buck lol!! From then on we always called it Dead Mans Watch. This would have been jeeze 40 plus years ago.

That's incredible. And the way I think I would like to go.  Did he keep the hawken like Jeremiah Johnson from hatchet jack? 

• Like 1

I keep it simple...more just a reference to the location...The Border stand, food plot stand, back ridge,swamp stand, etc. Not much imagination. My buddy used to try to come up with symbolic names..."The Beach", Tombstone stand, etc. but I over rode him due to his infrequent use.

Some nicknames come naturally and are widely accepted, others are thrust upon them and forced to stick. I have a buddy that everyone calls J-lo. He hates it, we all love it. Treestand names can be like that too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1