New toy

Chef

Beautiful piece. What scope do you have on it? If it’s a bushnell or bausch make sure you change it out. You need a half way decent scope to manage the recoil. Good luck wit it

So the guy I purchased it from is the owner of the marlin owners forum. I believe it is a bushnell but it has served him well all these years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr Juice said:

Perhaps old bushnells are of better quality but my experience is that they are garbage. Every single product, 100%, were problematic for me. I wish you luck emoji256.png

I've got a couple older ones as well and worked excellent for years. Especially on an under 200 yard gun in a state you can't shoot until a half hour after light and a half hour prior to dark!

• Like 2

Great gun!!!!! In alaska, I believe some of the guides get rid of the safety and just use the half-cock. Are you going to do that??

So the older ones don’t have a safety, I’d I’m still hunting I’ll use the half cock. Stand huntinh the safety

Leupy 2.5 X.....End of story......

Congrats on your new toy, Chef...   However being a traditionalist type, if I were to  buy a rifle chambered for a big, fat round, I'd have to get a 45-70...Similar performance to the .444 and a LOT more history....

• Like 3

Leupy 2.5 X.....End of story......
Congrats on your new toy, Chef...   However being a traditionalist type, if I were to  buy a rifle chambered for a big, fat round, I'd have to get a 45-70...Similar performance to the .444 and a LOT more history....

You and i have very similar taste in guns from what I can tell. That being said I will be adding a 45/70 to the collection at some point. When I do it will be a history piece not something I hunt with much

• Like 1

At that point I wasn’t hunting, and I felt almost physical pain every time I sent $1.25 down range
In all honesty, I more than doubled my money on it. 

The guy owner of the gun store that accepted the package and did the transfer offered 1.5 times what I paid for it Today... I declined