Buying firearms on line

Yo.

I have yet to ever buy a firearm online...that is, purchase off Gunlist or another seller, and have delivered to a local gun dealer. I understand of course that you need the participating dealers FFL info, etc. Can anyone out there offer their experiences in doing this, good, bad or just the routine? I have a rifle impossible to find locally, but easily found on line at a very good price that I am planning on purchasing this way. Thanks for any input.

It's actually pretty easy and painless. At point of sale, retailer will ask that you provide your FFl info for shipping purposes. After they verify that info, they then ship the firearm to your FFl, who calls you when it arrives. You then pick it up,  fill out the paperwork, do the NIC background check and you're done.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought many guns on Gunbroker and Auction Arms.  Everything above is correct, but you can sometimes find issues with a used firearm you didn't know about.  That's why you should ask a lot of questions before buying. 

Also as of 1/1/2021 you WILL have to pay STATE SALES TAX on any gun you buy online now.  Used to save hundreds on expensive guns when bought online.  Those days are over thanks to greedy state government hacks.

• Sad 1

Well it looks like GB is only charging sales tax on some states as of 1/1/21.  NY is NOT one of them....yet.

Starting on January 1, 2021, GunBroker.com will collect and remit sales tax on behalf of all sellers for sales in which the item is sold into the following states:

• Georgia – GA
  • Iowa – IA
  • Indiana – IN
  • Kentucky – KY
  • Maine – ME
  • Nebraska – NE
  • New Jersey – NJ
  • Nevada – NV

My purchase and pick up went totally flawlessly and quickly. My rifle was delivered to the LGS and ready for pick up within 6 days. About fifteen minutes at the shop for the paperwork and 33.oo and I was out the door. Quick, easy, and I saved hundreds over what my rifle is listed for/quoted locally. I will certainly do the same process again if needed.