Storm hunting

nybuckboy

I have only ever had success hunting before a storm one time. I shot a small buck right as the Snovember storm of 2014 rolled into WNY that Monday morning. By Tuesday morning we were buried.
IMG_0352.thumb.jpg.70a750f1ba02d28bf8596047fd1f9fc9.jpg
IMG_0369_2.thumb.jpg.60cd2ecec2f30d314841d1bd592776ef.jpg
That deer just decided he'd rather be in your garage than out in that crap!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wanted to get out badly, but just couldn't make it. 

Around 4:00, I drove past my hunting spots on the way home, and the deer were out in force. One field had 13, couple others had 8.  Many deer out in other fields I don't hunt. 

That deer just decided he'd rather be in your garage than out in that crap!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

We were stranded at home for 5 or 6 days from what I remember, I remember my wife asking me to “ Go cut some steaks off of that thing!” Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I like after, but I'm getting roasted for it on the Live thread lol. So I'm changing to "during".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Roasted?!? You’re tougher than that!

Now I need some post snow advice due to some restrictions on the land I hunt for this management program.

I MUST be in a tree so I cannot just get on fresh tracks and run one down! So how do I use fresh tracks in conjunction with a climber?

I’ll be hunting the afternoon sit-Would you set on the fresh track expecting the same deer to reverse its course or have more follow the same or circle beyond the assumed bed anticipating it leaves in a new direction. Food is scarce and has been primarily grass and ferns.

Roasted?!? You’re tougher than that!

Now I need some post snow advice due to some restrictions on the land I hunt for this management program.

I MUST be in a tree so I cannot just get on fresh tracks and run one down! So how do I use fresh tracks in conjunction with a climber?

I’ll be hunting the afternoon sit-Would you set on the fresh track expecting the same deer to reverse its course or have more follow the same or circle beyond the assumed bed anticipating it leaves in a new direction. Food is scarce and has been primarily grass and ferns.

Can’t you just keep looking for the right tree while following deer tracks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro