Winter Storm Gail

BizCT

Predicted to be the "Biggest snowstorm" in several years, will be curious to see how much we really get. They calling for 12-18", 45mph winds, and 10 degrees (not counting windchill) tonight into tomorrow for Westchester County. 

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

5 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Hmmmm..A good friend of mine has a wife named Gail...She's a real bitch.....Hope the storm doesn't measure up to her..

She must be at least 70 years old since nobody has named a baby that since 1949

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

She must be at least 70 years old since nobody has named a baby that since 1949

She's gotta be closer to 80.....My buddy, her husband has said it is his goal to live to be 100..If I were married to her I would have shot myself years ago...

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Hasn't started here yet. We're in the 16-20 range with high probability of 2' or more. 

Clients have been calling asking me to wait until storm is over to plow.  Told them all it will be a multiple push storm if we get that much.  

5 minutes ago, mowin said:

Hasn't started here yet. We're in the 16-20 range with high probability of 2' or more. 

Clients have been calling asking me to wait until storm is over to plow.  Told them all it will be a multiple push storm if we get that much.  

It's been snowing here in Dogpatch since about 1:00 PM, but not great amounts yet..We have perhaps 4"  on the ground..

However we are on the edge of the heavy predicted area..They are calling for 6-12" locally.. Hoping it's closer to six....

8 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

It's been snowing here in Dogpatch since about 1:00 PM, but not great amounts yet..We have perhaps 4"  on the ground..

However we are on the edge of the heavy predicted area..They are calling for 6-12" locally.. Hoping it's closer to six....

I'm in northern Columbia co. near the Mass border. Radar shows it's getting close. Probably see the first flakes soon.  Being so close to the Berkshires can greatly effect the totals. 

Damn it I'm going hunting this weekend no matter what. I may spend all of saturday digging out the bottom of the driveway after the plows mound it up for three days, but I'm still going!

Need someone in Otsego county to tell me the total accumulation when it's all done.

We are now fucking stuck down here per state police orders and they expect me to work a 12 hr shift.  Not happening.  when I got 3 kids and a wife at home.  I can't even get my truck out of the parking lot.  Sorry to piss and moan just frustrated and should be home with my family making sure they are safe.

Got maybe 20 inches so far, maybe more? Still coming down though. Only been out so far to let the dog out and feed the cat so I haven’t been more than 10 feet from the house. Viewing from the front door, the road looks like it hasn’t been plowed yet. I don’t think I’ll be doing my 80 mile work commute this morning.

Edited by Steuben Jerry