Winter Storm Gail

BizCT

We had 14 inches on the deck at 4 am .... over 20 most places in the drive and deeper spots  going to the shed . That was Horseheads. Had the walk ... deck and drive  cleaned out at 530 and plow truck buried it again 4 feet . Tractor back out .. clean it out again.  On the road 10 minutes  to 6 ... drive to watkins  glen  drop the wife off and all the way back to Corning  walked through  the gate with 5 minutes to spare .

news says binghamton has gotten 33" crazy , be careful folks
I'm just West of Binghamton in Apalachin and we got between 40 and 42 inches. Way more than the blizzard of 93. We r buried pretty good. Not a single plow has passed by since 830 last night. 17/86 is one lane heading East currently and they are rescuing stranded tractor trailers. We'll be lucky if we get out by Saturday. Was looking forward to hunting the weekend and took Monday and Tuesday off too but can't imagine shooting one and then getting it out let alone trudging through 3+feet of snow. b9bb54075671db3b0a19d5b250bbfa91.jpgc279babaa877c98869ffa55c38393a4c.jpg892567ff277bce6f3aa7073ca45a26d7.jpg1964ec30f8e335f7c2e9189ca0da6f7c.jpg5045086a7dbeae0a1fb425034e877701.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

88bdb7782af408863b522e1638254a99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

She’s adorable Biz.
Save these pics and these memories they grow up fast

I have similar pics and memories but they’re over 20 years old now best times ever

happy holidays 

• Like 1

You're not kidding I don't envy anybody that lives in your area beautiful Summers but there can be hellish winters

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

It's amazing the difference in snowfall over just a few miles out here. I'm in Clarence and almost never get the big ones but Cheektowaga and south get lambasted a couple times a year. I dont think I had a flake in the Snowmageddon event and my boss in OP got 7'. Yes, FEET

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

It's amazing the difference in snowfall over just a few miles out here. I'm in Clarence and almost never get the big ones but Cheektowaga and south get lambasted a couple times a year. I dont think I had a flake in the Snowmageddon event and my boss in OP got 7'. Yes, FEET

My wifes family is in Chataqua county.  Only good thing about 2020 is we couldn't go for Thanksgiving into snowgurtory. 

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

Come on..........an answer for everything.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

my mom grew up in north tonawanda, she said schools never closed. It was so flat, you just walked on top of snow to school. Whereas, when i was kid we had no school for a week for the blizzards of 94 and 96. even with chains on the bus tires, they couldn't get up and down the hills. We lost a lot of spring breaks as a kid due to too many snow days. nowadays, we rarely get snow anymore.

They say the Albany airport only got 23 inches. I measured 28 inches in my back yard in Colonie a few miles away. Snowbanks over the top of my mailbox. About 20 minutes into cleaning up the right tire on my snowblower went flat and broke bead with the rim. Wouldn't hold air to inflate. It was a bitch clearing all that snow with a single tire snowblower.