Your Christmas Dinner This Year?

Lawdwaz

Like most of you,  our Christmas dinner plans are going to be vastly different this year.  We haven't decided on the main course yet and are curious to hear others plans.  Maybe prime rib or a spiral ham?  (Xmas day breakfast will include Who Hash & eggs of course)

What's your plans?

• Like 1

So our good friends live right around the corner from us now and normally we go to there house. Since one works in a hospital and the other a jail, there worried about covid so this year’s a bust. At this point plans are still up in the air but I’m leaning towards staying home and cooking prime rib!

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 9:09 PM, wolc123 said:

Wife says she is making my favorite, stuffed cabbage.  That is always good.

I love stuffed cabbage, not a bad option. 

My sister is begging us to come for dinner at her house as of 30 minutes ago.  Uggh, there’s four in our family (3 under one roof) and five (4 under one roof there) in their family.   Damn, the decisions gonna be tough. 

4 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I love stuffed cabbage, not a bad option. 

My sister is begging us to come for dinner at her house as of 30 minutes ago.  Uggh, there’s four in our family (3 under one roof) and five (4 under one roof there) in their family.   Damn, the decisions gonna be tough. 

Easy choice, enjoy time with the family it’s Christmas!

My wife and I host every year. We typically get the main course catered in. With a baby, it makes sense to continue that method. This year is as follows:

• Assorted Cheeses / Crackers
  • A few pounds of shrimp cocktail
  • Stuffed Artichokes
  • Tray of Penne Vodka
  • Tray of Mussels Marinara
  • Tray of Chicken Francese
  • Tray Shrimp Parmigiana 
  • Dinner Rolls
  • 3 Pies (Pumpkin, Blueberry, and Apple) from a local farm

EDIT - For Xmas eve we do the 7 fishes like everyone else.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Christmad eve is just appetizers and alcohol 

Christmas dinner will be the Turkey and whatever else my wife makes. I'm the official taste tester.

Then my families dinner at my mom's will be our typical sea food dinner.  Throw in a bunch of shrimp,clams,crab,legs,sweet corn red potatoes,butter all tossed into 1 pot then laid out onto the table and have at it.  This will be the 25th year doing it.  The best was my grandma in her 80s she would still crack the crab legs open with her bare hands while everyone else used the crackers.  

Also alot of 7&7s will get polished off

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 1

Tradition at our house is: spiral ham, home made mac and cheese with sharp cheddar, green bean casserole, fresh baked rolls, acorn squash and for dessert usually home made pumpkin roll with cream cheese filling and some dead man's wish coffee that was under the tree....

Enjoy all and be safe...

Dan

• Like 1

Chistmas Eve, La Vigilia we have Festa dei sette pesci, though what we make will depend on what I like at the market... pasta con le sarde, insalata di mare, lobster tails, fried calamari, baked clams, shrimp fra diavolo, fried shrimp, tuna or swordfish..... we will see.

Christmas day it will be lasagna, Prime Rib, Zuppa Toscana, rack of Venison and some side dishes.

Deserts will be subdued. My sister would make make a whole table of Italian desserts enough for Christmas eve and Christmas day, and for everyone to take home too, this will be our second Christmas since she passed. We will have a desert table but it won't be the same.

• Like 1

Going to be interesting, oldest  daughter is currently working on the covid unit ,and many employees are getting it , she says we have to social distance for the Bills game , we’ll see what Xmas brings .

Wife and I don’t really care to, much . 

Christmas Eve is the biggest part of Christmas celebration for my family,  This year, everyone has said they won’t be coming, so it will be just my 2 daughters, SIL and a baby grandson.  My buddy and his family may come, but I am not counting on it.  Very subdued from the usual 30 or so all seated at one table.  I’m very sad about it, but it is what it is.  

Still going to do the Feast of the Seven Fishes, but it will be more mainstream fish - Baked Salmon, Shrimp Cocktails, Sushi, Fried Haddock, Fried Calamari (Rhode Island style is the new favorite) hopefully Clam and Anchovy Pasta as an appetizer.   Christmas Day they want pizza, but I am going to push for a Prime Rib or maybe lasagna.  We do chill out for Christmas Day.  

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My wife and I host every year. We typically get the main course catered in. With a baby, it makes sense to continue that method. This year is as follows:

• Assorted Cheeses / Crackers
  • A few pounds of shrimp cocktail
  • Stuffed Artichokes
  • Tray of Penne Vodka
  • Tray of Mussels Marinara
  • Tray of Chicken Francese
  • Tray Shrimp Parmigiana 
  • Dinner Rolls
  • 3 Pies (Pumpkin, Blueberry, and Apple) from a local farm

EDIT - For Xmas eve we do the 7 fishes like everyone else.

Don't leave out the Eggplant Parm!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Chistmas Eve, La Vigilia we have Festa dei sette pesci, though what we make will depend on what I like at the market... pasta con le sarde, insalata di mare, lobster tails, fried calamari, baked clams, shrimp fra diavolo, fried shrimp, tuna or swordfish..... we will see.

Christmas day it will be lasagna, Prime Rib, Zuppa Toscana, rack of Venison and some side dishes.

Deserts will be subdued. My sister would make make a whole table of Italian desserts enough for Christmas eve and Christmas day, and for everyone to take home too, this will be our second Christmas since she passed. We will have a desert table but it won't be the same.

Same here, dinner of all kids of seafood. I had pasta con sarde tonight with hand rolled home made pasta that my parents made.

• Like 2