Browning Strikeforce and Tactacam Reveal - not bad

moog5050

So I ran 3 of each of these this year split between two properties.   I have to say, I was impressed.  I started with 4 brownings but one had an issue and although it was replaced by browning, I never got out to set the replacement.   Otherwise, they all ran without problem.  Pictures are decent - not something that will make the cover of national geographic but plenty good enough to know whether you have a target buck.   And all are still running on their first set of batteries installed the last week of September - not sure the exact number of pictures but its in the thousands.  I think the subscription ran me about $90/mo for all the cameras with unlimited pics.  Since I am only running them 3 months, its not a bad outlay.  At the price point, they are both solid options.   And I am no IT guru so if I can run them, anyone can.   I will likely collect them all as soon as I am out of quarantine and store them until next season.   Appreciate Phade's help in getting me set up this year. 

Glad to hear the positive reviews.  A buddy tried the Spypoint cellular unit, and wasnt very impressed, but he had good things to say about the Tactacam.  I plan on buying 2 maybe 3 Tactacams for this upcomming season to run alongside a few non cell cams.  I'll look into the Browning one as an option as well.

Looking forward to update tatacam if it ever gets put out...

Right now I have as far as cell cams i have a muddy( spy point rebrand )

Browning Proscout and three coverts.

The coverts i have on my Kansas ground are going on three years old, one is starting to have some night time issues but in honestly they been pretty good all around.

The Browing except for not working right out of the box and having a replacement sent has been soild and the muddy is Ok so far.

Going to be picking up a couple more browning and also a exodus this year as I transition all my cams over to cellular

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Between the 2 is one easier to set up than the other ? Both look like they take quality photos. So if you had to chose one over the other ? 

Both seem pretty easy.  The photo quality is slightly better with browning when blowing up the pic and it offers option to resend in HD.  Phade can explain differences better but browning allows you to batch send photos as often and when you want.  That saves batteries although both are set to immediate send now and they ran the full season.  Tactacam is cheaper.   The browning has more options with a slightly better photo.  Is it worth 2x as much, not to me.   Tactacam did everything I needed and is cheaper. 

• Like 1

As an FYI, incase it would help any Tactacam Reveal owners in the future, I placed a call to them yesterday about an issue I was having. You’re supposed to be able to use the Reveals as a non-cell cam and still have pics save to the SD card. After my subscription expired, this was my plan, but it wouldn’t work on any of my 3 cams. I called CS and luckily got connected with Jeff. He was stumped also! Then, he suggested I remove the SIM card and try it. Then, it started saving pics to the SD card!! So, moral of the story, if you’re just looking to save pics to the SD card, you might need to remove the SIM card to do so.

On another note, I asked about a timeframe when we would be able to transmit ALL pics, instead of just the 2nd pic (I HATE that!!). He assured me it would be in the next few months! NICE!!! He said they didn’t want to roll that out during season and risk having something go wrong and screwing guys up! He also said they have several new improvements coming that will “Blow us away”!!!

Ive been very happy with my Tactacam Reveals and will be investing in ~6 more next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

As an FYI, incase it would help any Tactacam Reveal owners in the future, I placed a call to them yesterday about an issue I was having. You’re supposed to be able to use the Reveals as a non-cell cam and still have pics save to the SD card. After my subscription expired, this was my plan, but it wouldn’t work on any of my 3 cams. I called CS and luckily got connected with Jeff. He was stumped also! Then, he suggested I remove the SIM card and try it. Then, it started saving pics to the SD card!! So, moral of the story, if you’re just looking to save pics to the SD card, you might need to remove the SIM card to do so.

On another note, I asked about a timeframe when we would be able to transmit ALL pics, instead of just the 2nd pic (I HATE that!!). He assured me it would be in the next few months! NICE!!! He said they didn’t want to roll that out during season and risk having something go wrong and screwing guys up! He also said they have several new improvements coming that will “Blow us away”!!!

Ive been very happy with my Tactacam Reveals and will be investing in ~6 more next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I set mine for single pic to avoid this issue but it would be nice to receive a whole burst!

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Thanks for the review. I'm looping in @Bionic since I know he had issues with a Moultrie cell cam, so these may be of interest to him.

Thank you sir, yes for whatever its worth, the Moultrie xv-6000 was a dead on arrival unit, the replacement was good, then wouldn’t send pics to my phone, then all of a sudden it has been working fine.  I know it was not sending pics because, i set the cam up, walked by it, saw the IR glow, never received the pic...then it snows a few inches, checked after that snow, I saw deer tracks within 10 feet of cam, no pics transmitted.  I was still in contact with Moultrie, they told me they will not refund me, will only replace under warranty, so I am fighting them, and commenting this on their posts on Instagram.  My Spypoint Link Micro arrived today.  Again, entry level cell cameras, and as I always say, you generally get what you pay for.

My two tactacam's have been flawless.  I have mine on instant or timely (don't remember what it's called) to avoid the 2nd only pic. The time between taking the pic and me receiving it is typically less than 30 seconds.  My stealth cam fusion has had issues, but it's working now. However it takes at least two minutes to a pic to upload and send, missing any deer that walk by during that time, so I have that to send all pics hourly.