2" high at 50 w/ ML

nybuckboy

1 minute ago, Four Seasons said:

I use 3 pellets and sighted 2in high at 100. 

2 777 pellets versus 3 sighted in at 50 didn’t change my poi .Used to shoot 3 but didn’t get a complete burn I don’t think.  Been on 2 for the last few years and last 2 deer in 3 days barely moved after hit. My ml has been primary carry through regular season for 25 years now I think. Gift from wife for Christmas 

• Like 2

Just now, turkeyfeathers said:

2 777 pellets versus 3 sighted in at 50 didn’t change my poi .Used to shoot 3 but didn’t get a complete burn I don’t think.  Been on 2 for the last few years and last 2 deer in 3 days barely moved after hit. My ml has been primary carry through regular season for 25 years now I think. Gift from wife for Christmas 

I shoot the same for my TC impact . 2 pellets of 777 with a 245 powerbelt. Dead on at 100 yards. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

My Knight loves the magnum load. Took this guy at a hair over 200yds with the knight this year. 194lbs folded on impact. 3 pellets with 240gr Platinum Powerbelt. 

6DB1570B-8945-411F-9855-37AE84C87196.jpeg

4E4A2636-9836-4FC1-9EDF-381769C14FFD.jpeg

• Like 10

12 hours ago, nybuckboy said:

I shoot a Thompson Center Triumph with Nikon 3x9 using 2 50g Triple 7s with a 295 Powerbelt. 

Do you like to sight at 100 or do you like to sight high at 50. If so is 2" high at 50 good for shots to 100?

If going to be shooting 100 yards, best to sight in at 100 yards.  Sighting 2" high at 50 yards will/should put you in the "pie plate" at 100 yards.  Similar to bore sighting.

I shoot the exact same gun and load. Three pellets dont burn completely for me...I find them smoldering. First question... What is the avg. range you are shooting? In my woods it is almost unheard of to have a shot beyond 50 yards. I am sighted for fifty. Hundred yards is unheard of. 

I have some shots that can be taken in my plots out to 200 yards, but almost all my ML shots have been from 50 to 100. In order for me to capitalize on the Nikon BDC and its effectiveness out to 300 yards i must use 3 pellets. I have it sighted  in at an inch high at 50 yards. Dead balls accurate.