ISO yote sized fur stretcher and fleshing board

10 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Looking for a yote sized fur stretcher and fleshing board. Cash or i have freedom seeds in different sizes i could trade. Preferably in the wny area.

interested in making your own fleshing beam? I made a narrow one for things like fisher and fox, a wide one for large items like beaver or deer  and a standard one for coon and coyote. I made them from a large PVC pipe and cut out with a jig saw rounded the edges with a 4-1/2" grinder with a flapper wheel on it. They work great, are easy to clean and store easily. simply mounted on a 2x4 and each slides in and out of a bracket I screwed on the work bench. 

I have a left over section of that big PVC pie if you are interested. 

Fleshing beam.jpg

• Like 1

The pvc board is the way to go,but I picked up this board and it’s pretty solid for a hobby trapper also check runnings if there one near you.

https://www.minntrapprod.com/Grade-A-Fleshing-Beam/productinfo/GRAD-A48/
I’m going to make my own stretching board the wire one suck. If you where closer I’d sell them to you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoots Furs in Collins Center has trapping supplies...

C29E1342-F38C-4B72-A448-C78FD2ECBB30.thumb.png.e41082a85bdec50cd389acf0c66068a0.png
@Zeek I am out that way if you want something from Hoot I can grab it for ya and cut the distance on your drive.

If I get the opportunity to dump a fox or yote this winter I am going to have his daughter or mother make a hat for my boys.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rachunter said:

The pvc board is the way to go,but I picked up this board and it’s pretty solid for a hobby trapper also check runnings if there one near you.

https://www.minntrapprod.com/Grade-A-Fleshing-Beam/productinfo/GRAD-A48/
I’m going to make my own stretching board the wire one suck. If you where closer I’d sell them to you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to hijack the thread but I just got about 15 poplar boards off a guy that planed them to 1/2" and 5/8" for me. I need more fox, coon and coyote boards. I am going to make the adjustable wooden ones. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Not to hijack the thread but I just got about 15 poplar boards off a guy that planed them to 1/2" and 5/8" for me. I need more fox, coon and coyote boards. I am going to make the adjustable wooden ones. 

Thats a good idea, MY good buddy is a aborist and owns a planer. I should have him cut me a piece or 2. Im rookie here but want to start skinning and tanning my own, would you agree with those dimensions in that link for a good sized board? For Coyote and fox mainly..