2020. A great year?

Don_C

Got all my debt paid off except the mortgage (never going down that road to nowhere again!); not only did I stay working but we are still getting a $3/hour bonus for working during the Chinaids. 

I took a new position at work where I make more money and only work 3 and a half days a week instead of 6.  Consequently I have more money coming in and less going out and tons of extra time so I've been able to take care of a bunch of stuff that's been falling behind over the years.  I am also happier due to the reduced stress of the work I'm doing now compared to what I was doing. 

We had some trouble with a few things (had to replace washing machine and POS Buderus boiler) but since we don't have a bunch of loans and credit cards it was more of an inconvenience than an emergency.

I don't travel much, don't like parties or crowds or being out around people generally; "social distancing" for everyone else is normal for me; so in that respect, other than the damned masks, my day to day hasn't changed much at all.

I didn't get a deer but I saw some, only got out goose hunting a couple times and didn't get any, but I'll have next year. With the new department I moved up on the vacation seniority list from #6 to #2 so I'm already planning for next fall.

• Like 1

It’s nice to see everyone find something good in this year. For me it’s different I think this year had been a tire fire . Lost my mom in October, kids lost out on a year of decent education along with not being able to hang out with friends in school. School sports were canceled and the outside of school programs no parents can watch.  I got covid which wasn’t a big deal . Financially was my best year in business out of the 15 years I’ve been doing this . But cause of that I lost a lot of time in the woods.