Vaccination

I'm a staff member at a large public school district. No idea when our turn will come to be vaccinated. But when it does I will get one. I think the risk of getting the vaccine, far outweighs the risk of getting Covid 19. First responders first!!! And Thank You!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

so those of you that dont want it ... did you think this was a documentary?  Kidding aside why wouldnt you get it?  Ive got two arms I will take one in each please.  

Remember, in Am Legend, the sickness didn't make the zombies. The  vaccination did. - iFunny :)

For me it’s the extremely short time in testing and the fact that the drug companies have been given a pass on responsibility for long term effects. I’ll take my chances with 99.9% survival rate. I’m pretty sure I had It early on, before tests were readily available. Had all of the typical symptoms and it was a month or so until I was Feeling normal again. 

Anyone else chooses to get it, that’s their choice, and not my concern. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

For those that got it, what are they saying the duration is? like a flu vaccine is annual for the "season", so do you get covid vaccine again in 1-year, or 6-months, etc.?

Heard 2 months after 2nd dose..so 3 months toatal

I am hearing people who get it and complete both shots will be given a vaccination card. Then because of this government created card this will then allow airlines to require proof of the card before you fly or countries can ask for proof before entering.
Of course these are just rumors.....but isn't everything we read on the internet true.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

so those of you that dont want it ... did you think this was a documentary?  Kidding aside why wouldnt you get it?  Ive got two arms I will take one in each please.  

Remember, in Am Legend, the sickness didn't make the zombies. The  vaccination did. - iFunny :)

No reason to death rate is near same as flu and i dont get those, this will mutate and need new, the guess now is immunity would be same as if you already had it so 3 months or so.  No long term data, the fact they dont reccomend you get it if planning to have children tells me they dont know enough about it. 

I know many who have had it and had little or no symptoms and were fine in under 2 weeks.so reallly  i see no need.

• Like 4

There’s still a lot of unknowns, just like when the virus first showed up.

I totally understand people who don’t want to get the vaccine, and would rather avoid exposure or simply take the risk of getting it, since you would most likely beat it easily.  I wish I had those options.  But my work puts me in close contact with lots of immune compromised patients who wouldn’t fare as well.  I’d hate to be the one who spreads it to one of them.  I’ll take the risks.  
And was it pushed through fast?  Probably. Or maybe the normal process is too slow. 

Now let’s see some dead deer pics... the fat lady is getting ready to sing! 

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

For those that got it, what are they saying the duration is? like a flu vaccine is annual for the "season", so do you get covid vaccine again in 1-year, or 6-months, etc.?

Obviously i can't speak for everyone who plans to get it but i feel like most won't ask many questions ,just do what they're told.  

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Obviously i can't speak for everyone who plans to get it but i feel like most won't ask many questions ,just do what they're told.  

Agree. Luckily for hospital workers the vaccine is optional and not mandatory, so people can choose what they want.

• Like 2

i certainly agree that it should be up to each person, 100%.  Just dont think the downside isnt worth the upside, think people are afraid of nothing. We all take vaccines and have for years.  Just another one. And its not the flu, if you think it is you havent been paying much attention.  My 2 cents. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i certainly agree that it should be up to each person, 100%.  Just dont think the downside isnt worth the upside, think people are afraid of nothing. We all take vaccines and have for years.  Just another one. And its not the flu, if you think it is you havent been paying much attention.  My 2 cents. 

Well my brother had it and is making good money selling his plasma. So. Its not the flu but it isnt much worse.  Funny thing is my friend is pharmacist ad he siad the flu has dissappeared normally by now he would of sold. thousands of units of tamaflu  hasnt sold hardly any...