Vaccination

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i certainly agree that it should be up to each person, 100%.  Just dont think the downside isnt worth the upside, think people are afraid of nothing. We all take vaccines and have for years.  Just another one. And its not the flu, if you think it is you havent been paying much attention.  My 2 cents. 

I'm not an anti-vaxxer by any means. My 11 month old has all her vaccines, as do I from childhood. However, I think there are too many unknowns to get the Covid vaccine at this point for healthy individuals. If you are high-risk,  I totally understand trying it. I'll see it how it goes for another year or two before trying it. There may not even be one at that point. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i certainly agree that it should be up to each person, 100%.  Just dont think the downside isnt worth the upside, think people are afraid of nothing. We all take vaccines and have for years.  Just another one. And its not the flu, if you think it is you havent been paying much attention.  My 2 cents. 

Except this is not just another vaccine ,it doesn't even work the same way the other vaccines work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, G-Man said:

Well my brother had it and is making good money selling his plasma. So. Its not the flu but it isnt much worse.  Funny thing is my friend is pharmacist ad he siad the flu has dissappeared normally by now he would of sold. thousands of units of tamaflu  hasnt sold hardly any... 

One other interesting piece of data. According to the CDC, roughly 2.8million americans die each year total from anything and everything. In 2020, we right on that normal pace. Covid has "supposedly" killed 320,000 americans so far but yet the total deaths in america will remain the same. Seems odd. Will be curious to see which other types of deaths dropped lower to result in the same type of year. The first one that comes to mind is the flu.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Well my brother had it and is making good money selling his plasma. So. Its not the flu but it isnt much worse.  Funny thing is my friend is pharmacist ad he siad the flu has dissappeared normally by now he would of sold. thousands of units of tamaflu  hasnt sold hardly any... 

Is it because everyone is wearing masks and disinfecting everything , no gatherings etc.  Would think flu and colds would be down cause of that too

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Is it because everyone is wearing masks and disinfecting everything , no gatherings etc.  Would think flu and colds would be down cause of that too

Number of car accidents are down too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

One other interesting piece of data. According to the CDC, roughly 2.8million americans die each year total from anything and everything. In 2020, we right on that normal pace. Covid has "supposedly" killed 320,000 americans so far but yet the total deaths in america will remain the same. Seems odd. Will be curious to see which other types of deaths dropped lower to result in the same type of year. The first one that comes to mind is the flu.

Shows you have as much chance of dying in an accident or flu as you do. From covid 19....

• Like 2

I typically get a wicked sinus infection every October that knocks me on my ass for a day or so......well since we have no where to go...or anyone to be around I skipped right past that fun this year.

But on a side note my young nephew still attends daycare through all this and he ended up sick as hell with crupe and other upper respiratory garbage......young kids can't wear masks so they are still batting a 1000 with the dreaded daycare sicknesses that get passed around.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, johnplav said:

No tailgating at Bills games.., I’m sure that saved a few lives this season.  But who wants to live in a world without that anyway?!? 

Arrowhead stadium has allowed 16K fans since week 1 with no issues. Maybe cuomo is the problem.

35 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm not an anti-vaxxer by any means. My 11 month old has all her vaccines, as do I from childhood. However, I think there are too many unknowns to get the Covid vaccine at this point for healthy individuals. If you are high-risk,  I totally understand trying it. I'll see it how it goes for another year or two before trying it. There may not even be one at that point. 

Exactly my feelings about it. 

• Like 1

As soon as it is available for me I will be standing in line. Being an old Geezer I have been around long enough to remember when Polio, Measles, Mumps, Diphtheria ,Scarlet Fever, Whooping Cough, among other maladies were fairly common. Non of them any good and pretty much gone these days because of vaccinations, for my way of thinking the benefits far outweigh negatives.

Al

• Like 2

1 hour ago, airedale said:

As soon as it is available for me I will be standing in line. Being an old Geezer I have been around long enough to remember when Polio, Measles, Mumps, Diphtheria ,Scarlet Fever, Whooping Cough, among other maladies were fairly common. Non of them any good and pretty much gone these days because of vaccinations, for my way of thinking the benefits far outweigh negatives.

Al

As an older person i can understand it but the unknow for the younger the risks are to high imo

5 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

As a first responder, I won’t be taking this. Our union has already told our employer to pound sand. 

I haven’t heard of it being mandatory anywhere.  Wasn’t at our hospital.  Even flu vaccines are not mandatory.  Employees who declined vaccines just needed to mask up when near patients.  (Which is now the norm anyway) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

so those of you that dont want it ... did you think this was a documentary?  Kidding aside why wouldnt you get it?  Ive got two arms I will take one in each please.  

Daughter is an RN currently working on the covid unit of the largest hospital in the area . She said to new, and was going to refuse, after more studying on it she’s leaning towards it .

Me I don’t care one way or another , I had Hep C and never knew it ,my body took care of that .

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I couldn't agree more. I know of friends and family who have died from it, some with issues some none at all. 

For me ,I got two girls and I dam sure plan on walking them down their wedding isle when that time comes.  I've watched my dad beat lung cancer and we surely don't want covid to beat us . I'll get the vaccine when offered , my dad will be getting his shortly himself 

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Arrowhead stadium has allowed 16K fans since week 1 with no issues. Maybe cuomo is the problem.

Arrowhead stadium has allowed 16K fans since week 1 with no issues.  cuomo is 100% the problem.

Fixed it for you .. 

• Like 2