Vaccination

10 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Has nothing to do with being an “anti-vaxxer”, myself and my kids have done all other vaccines, no issues with tried and true vaccines. I’m just not comfortable being injected with something that is a brand new type of vaccine that has had zero long term studies. If it was a virus with a much lower survival rate, my opinion would most likely be different. 

This vaccine does not inject the subject with the virus. It produces something that mimics the virus. It fools the immune system.

The Germans (and an American of German heritage) developed it. That is enough for me. They developed the 8X57, a cartridge that 90% of modern CF cartridges are based on .Not to mention the M98 action! They tend to get things right the 1st time with their meticulous design criteria.

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, wildcat junkie said:

The Germans (and an American of German heritage) developed it. That is enough for me. They developed the 8X57, a cartridge that 90% of modern CF cartridges are based on .Not to mention the M98 action! They tend to get things right the 1st time with their meticulous design criteria.

Go Germany!

image.png.e649933fe82725bd45c5a4cbf9831bbe.png

• Like 3

On 12/22/2020 at 3:11 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

For me it’s the extremely short time in testing and the fact that the drug companies have been given a pass on responsibility for long term effects. I’ll take my chances with 99.9% survival rate. I’m pretty sure I had It early on, before tests were readily available. Had all of the typical symptoms and it was a month or so until I was Feeling normal again. 

Anyone else chooses to get it, that’s their choice, and not my concern. 

Where do you get a 99.9%.survival rate? 

1 hour ago, loworange88 said:

Silly question, but after one gets both rounds of the new cocktail, can you ditch the mask and go out and about without it?

No, not yet. We know the vaccine significantly lowers your risk of becoming ill. Yet, there is a chance that you may still be infectious for a limited time if exposed, and so for the sake of others continue to wear masks after you’re vaccinated. We should soon know if vaccinated folks pose a meaningful risk of infecting others or not. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

So they had a vaccine as early as june , this thing blew out of proportion in say February , I guess that blows the theory of adequate testing out of the water.     

That's when they went into phase 3 testing.  Where they needed human volunteers to test it on.

On 12/23/2020 at 6:15 PM, wildcat junkie said:

This vaccine does not inject the subject with the virus. It produces something that mimics the virus. It fools the immune system.

I am Fully aware of the differences between this vaccine and most others. 

How many commercials do you see for lawsuits  regarding drugs, treatments, chemicals, etc that we were all told for years were perfectly safe, only to find out years later that they cause cancer, and many other things. You’re telling me that a brand new type of vaccine, which works differently than any vaccine that has ever been used, and was developed and studied for less than 8 months is safe? I just Don’t buy it. Again, if you want to take it, knock yourself out. I’ll hold off and see how things go with those that do take it. If I cant fly or whatever for a while, so be it. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2020 at 9:48 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

I am Fully aware of the differences between this vaccine and most others. 

How many commercials do you see for lawsuits  regarding drugs, treatments, chemicals, etc that we were all told for years were perfectly safe, only to find out years later that they cause cancer, and many other things. You’re telling me that a brand new type of vaccine, which works differently than any vaccine that has ever been used, and was developed and studied for less than 8 months is safe? I just Don’t buy it. Again, if you want to take it, knock yourself out. I’ll hold off and see how things go with those that do take it. If I cant fly or whatever for a while, so be it. 

Doesn't the government protect drug companies from being responsible from and negative effects do to a vaccine ?

6 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

Just knew it would happen ..... LOL

132384516_10221666164074865_2721457076068282383_n.jpg

Definitely gives a new perspective when you are inviting someone over for a " Prime Rib "  dinner. Little did they know it was their ribs on the menu. Have to tell them they must take a shower before coming over :) 

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Haha 1

So, an mRNA vaccine is certainly different, but not entirely untested. There have been a number of them around for many years, just smaller scale - rabies, I think? Regardless, this type of technology and the delivery systems used to administer the mRNA itself are the future of medicine. RNA interference and synthetic interfering RNAs are administered the same way, and these approaches have the potential to treat currently untreatable diseases.

Since your body normally makes mRNA, there's not much concern that you will react poorly to it. Without DNA to keep making the mRNA, it will get made into protein, then rapidly degraded. In fact, the mRNA never makes it into the nucleus where DNA resides, so there's no 'genetic modification". The protein that the mRNA makes is part of the viral repertoire and should induce an antibody response, but again perfectly normal, the same as if you were exposed to a "conventional" vaccine consisting of dead virus.

A key point here is that when you're infected with an RNA virus normally, you get a dose of the viral genome in RNA format. So the vaccine is giving you a mini-cold that only contains a small part of what you'd see with a virus, and it can't self replicate. 

The larger question is the delivery system. There was a a kaffuffle a decade ago on "dynamic polyconjugates", which were at the time the latest and greatest nucleic acid delivery system. Unfortunately, it didn't work, and there were some animal fatalities in testing. But it was quickly found to be inappropriate for human use and never made it to trials. The current methodology has been vetted thoroughly. There will be some individuals who have inflammatory reactions, but this is expected - you try to induce an immune response, even an acquired one, and sometimes the innate immune system kicks in too. 

Regardless, everyone needs to make up their own mind in terms of their willingness to vaccinate. We are not returning to a society where we forcibly vaccinate our population, nor test new vaccines on underrepresented populations. What a fiasco. A total biomedical ethical disaster. 

But please make an informed decision and conscious choice based on the best available evidence. Choose wisely.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, knehrke said:

So, an mRNA vaccine is certainly different, but not entirely untested.

This is a pretty interesting read on the Hungarian woman who did the majority of the research on MRNA. She was dismissed.

In 2013, she accepted an offer to become Senior Vice President at BioNTech after UPenn refused to reinstate her to the faculty position she had been demoted from in 1995. “They told me that they’d had a meeting and concluded that I was not of faculty quality,” she said. ”When I told them I was leaving, they laughed at me and said, ‘BioNTech doesn’t even have a website.’”

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/mrna-coronavirus-vaccine-pfizer-biontech

23 minutes ago, left field said:

This is a pretty interesting read on the Hungarian woman who did the majority of the research on MRNA. She was dismissed.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/mrna-coronavirus-vaccine-pfizer-biontech

After reading that article it becomes apparent that UPenn in their ignorance lost a brilliant scientist. 

• Like 1

Yeah... I'm going to "chance it" and pass.  I already had Covid and for me it was nothing. Had I not lost my sense of smell, ever so briefly, I'd have thought I had a very mild cold.

I have a feeling work is going to try to force me to get it. They can go #@%^ themselves.

Edited by cas

Now that's an interesting subject - while it's reprehensible for government to force vaccination (or sterilization, of any of the BS they've done over the years) - can an employer? I suspect that they can, so long as they permit an "out", such as having to wear a mask, face shield, and gloves in-house. That's what we've had to do in order to instruct undergraduates in person in a laboratory setting, and I bet the same will be true moving forward, vaccine or no.