Vaccination

22 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

True, but i think the demand to get it is less than they thought as well. Wonder if they will announce the % of healthcare workers who chose to get it or not.

The hospital that I work in has over 90% voluntary compliance from the staff. The only two of my 70+ employees who have declined are pregnant. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

right now sign up wasnt open to the public.  You had to be identified as a frontline worker and in the area etc. If they opened it to the public they wouldnt have enough for sure.  At least up here.  Im sure the city obviously got more of the vaccine.  

I thought you meant healthcare workers who can't get it

2 minutes ago, virgil said:

The hospital that I work in has over 90% voluntary compliance from the staff. The only two of my 70+ employees who have declined are pregnant. 

wow. I'm hearing 50/50 at several hospitals locally. About the same for nursing home facilities.

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

wow. I'm hearing 50/50 at several hospitals locally. About the same for nursing home facilities.

I don’t believe that for a second. My wife also works in another hospital and their rate is similar. 

12 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Do to HIPAA laws how do you know these rates or are your wife and yourself working at very small hospitals and know everyone personally?

I’m in management. We discuss compliance at daily meetings. And, as long as we’re not discussing an individual’s private health information, there’s no HIPPA violation. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, virgil said:

I don’t believe that for a second. My wife also works in another hospital and their rate is similar. 

wow. well if it was 90% everywhere, then mathematically it would be more than 3M vaccines given out, no?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

38 minutes ago, virgil said:

I’m in management. We discuss compliance at daily meetings. And, as long as we’re not discussing an individual’s private health information, there’s no HIPPA violation. 

How is hospital staff not wanting the vaccine a compliance issue as it’s not mandatory or is it mandatory? As management you know how much of the whole hospital staff has been vaccinated and your wife also has this information for her hospital or just doses given out? Also as management make sure in these meetings you spell HIPAA correctly.

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Hey if you don't mind taking your chances with this new virus that's your business  does not bother me one way or the other . your decision to make .  I will tell you this since this thing started almost a year now  I have been using either n95 or kn95 masks  indoors and have not gotten sick at all  no colds no nothing  and I go in stores with lots of  people all the time .  usually I would have gotten at least a cold  or something  by now .  

So let me get this right. The CDC says the flu and pneumonia cases are down across the country because people are masking up.                  The CDC also says that this Covid crap is so high now and running rampant across the country because nobody is listening to the mask up rule.                                                                  Now which one do you take as gospel at this time?    Because I as long as 1000’s of others are just so confused!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

So let me get this right. The CDC says the flu and pneumonia cases are down across the country because people are masking up.                  The CDC also says that this Covid crap is so high now and running rampant across the country because nobody is listening to the mask up rule.                                                                  Now which one do you take as gospel at this time?    Because I as long as 1000’s of others are just so confused!

yep ,  that's why I'm just sticking with my n95 mask  indoors and just going about life as normal .   All viruses evolve over time, and many infectious-disease experts think the novel coronavirus will eventually become less lethal to human beings, joining four other coronaviruses in causing common colds.  and if you just want to go with out a mask  chances are if you are heathy you will get over it  easily . 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

yep ,  that's why I'm just sticking with my n95 mask  indoors and just going about life as normal .   All viruses evolve over time, and many infectious-disease experts think the novel coronavirus will eventually become less lethal to human beings, joining four other coronaviruses in causing common colds.  and if you just want to go with out a mask  chances are if you are heathy you will get over it  easily . 

Yeah, it wouldn’t make sense for you, phantom, to get the vaccine. What with nano 5G tracking - the gig would be up. 

13 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

I hate to pop the logic bubble, but this is not that difficult to explain. Imagine you're being chased by a chipmunk and a bear. You outrun the chipmunk because you are faster than the chipmunk. The bear eats your a$$ because you are slower than the bear. You are running the same speed in both cases. If you'd run faster (or paid a bit more attention to your mask), you wouldn't be on the menu. 

It's all a matter of relative infectiousness and susceptibility when comparing influenza and SARS-CoV2. I'm sure that I don't have to say this, but influenza is the chipmunk and SARS-CoV2 is the bear.

Less confused now? Cool. My wife says that my analogy sucks and I should have led with the last part first. But I like the chipmunk and bear, so I'm keeping it this way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Yeah, it wouldn’t make sense for you, phantom, to get the vaccine. What with nano 5G tracking - the gig would be up. 

Never took a flu shot either  and I'm still here , but I think you should take all of them so I don't have to :taunt:  herd immunity 

Edited by phantom

43 minutes ago, knehrke said:

I hate to pop the logic bubble, but this is not that difficult to explain. Imagine you're being chased by a chipmunk and a bear. You outrun the chipmunk because you are faster than the chipmunk. The bear eats your a$$ because you are slower than the bear. You are running the same speed in both cases. If you'd run faster (or paid a bit more attention to your mask), you wouldn't be on the menu. 

It's all a matter of relative infectiousness and susceptibility when comparing influenza and SARS-CoV2. I'm sure that I don't have to say this, but influenza is the chipmunk and SARS-CoV2 is the bear.

Less confused now? Cool. My wife says that my analogy sucks and I should have led with the last part first. But I like the chipmunk and bear, so I'm keeping it this way.

Individually not a problem but the extra load of really sick cases of covid19 showing up at hospitals is a problem for the hospital's  and other people who need  medical care  that's the problem .

Edited by phantom

38 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

That’s what happens when we charge a largely undereducated and underskilled workforce with the care of our elderly. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK232673/ 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

That’s what happens when we charge a largely undereducated and underskilled workforce with the care of our elderly. 

Not sure how nursing home staff  not wanting the vaccine with out further and longer term studies has anything to do with being “undereducated and underskilled”. 55 percent of NYC firefighters are not taking the vaccine they must be too “undereducated and unskilled” also to make up there own mind on this vaccine. 

https://www.newsweek.com/55-percent-nyc-firefighters-say-they-wont-take-covid-vaccine-city-continues-see-case-surge-1552664?amp=1

B0FE3BAE-6693-4BE8-963A-F24E9825777C.png

52 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Maybe they just don't want to be a human lab rat  ?  would not want to be the guy who tests out the first flying car either.  but with time  if  nothing  bad happens to most the human  lab rats more will want to take it . They don't have enough to vaccinate everyone right now  anyway .

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Better hope no one gets your name and you don't end up in a Nursing Home  ..... one or more of those undereducated and underskilled types will " Help You " with the Diaper changing time !

24 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Better hope no one gets your name and you don't end up in a Nursing Home  ..... one or more of those undereducated and underskilled types will " Help You " with the Diaper changing time !

That’s precisely the point! We under pay and under train the people who serve essential roles in our society. And then we turn around and place outsized expectations on them. That’s been the sad story of this pandemic...