Vaccination

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I know some of you disagree, but i'm still hearing tons of hospital workers in NY declining the vaccine and instead signing a waiver.  The below article shows the vaccines aren't being used much either.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9111445/NYC-handing-COVID-19-vaccine-shots-business-hours.html

I wouldn't put much value in a Newspaper written in the UK about NYC .... just my opinion !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreeneHunter said:

I wouldn't put much value in a Newspaper written in the UK about NYC .... just my opinion !

Agree, but cuomo said $100K fines. why not just open it to the public since some people want it. Not me personally, but others.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Agree, but cuomo said $100K fines. why not just open it to the public since some people want it. Not me personally, but others.

That article doesn't seem to account for the fact that hospitals are no longer vaccinating only their own employees.  Hospitals have been charged with providing vaccine to health workers in the community as well as first responders.  For whatever reason, the first responders are not coming as expected.  That might explain why hospitals have been slow to use up their supply.  At my hospital, the overwhelming majority of employees have gotten the vaccine.  I just got it this morning- I was the last in my department.  Of about 70+ employee in my departments, only two declined.

I don't know what NYS' plan  is yet for making it available to the general public.  But, hospitals are not set up for that yet- and haven't received nearly enough vaccine to meet the anticipated demand.  I would imagine that it'll require a huge number of dispensaries and manpower as compared to what's available now through just hospitals.

18 minutes ago, virgil said:

That article doesn't seem to account for the fact that hospitals are no longer vaccinating only their own employees.  Hospitals have been charged with providing vaccine to health workers in the community as well as first responders.  For whatever reason, the first responders are not coming as expected.  That might explain why hospitals have been slow to use up their supply.  At my hospital, the overwhelming majority of employees have gotten the vaccine.  I just got it this morning- I was the last in my department.  Of about 70+ employee in my departments, only two declined.

I don't know what NYS' plan  is yet for making it available to the general public.  But, hospitals are not set up for that yet- and haven't received nearly enough vaccine to meet the anticipated demand.  I would imagine that it'll require a huge number of dispensaries and manpower as compared to what's available now through just hospitals.

I know of 3 local hospitals with an excess of vaccines because employees are declining and instead signing waivers. The state asked for extra vaccines back.

17 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I know of 3 local hospitals with an excess of vaccines because employees are declining and instead signing waivers. The state asked for extra vaccines back.

That's strange that they would need to sign a waiver if the vaccine isn't mandatory. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Maybe just stating they were offered it.

Could be.  I'd hope that if they decline and sign a waiver they would be able to get one if they change their minds. 

Our employees are offered Covid vaccinations, and if they don't want it, they simply don't schedule it. 

I heard not all employees are being offered the vaccine.....only 1/3 of staff was being given the vaccination for fear of it backfiring and knocking out a bunch of Dr.s and nurses......and truth to this @Jonpav? This would make sense why there is an excess of vacines.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

I heard not all employees are being offered the vaccine.....only 1/3 of staff was being given the vaccination for fear of it backfiring and knocking out a bunch of Dr.s and nurses......and truth to this @Jonpav? This would make sense why there is an excess of vacines.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Could vary by hospital system, but I doubt it.  The risk of losing large chunks of staff due to Covid infection is a much larger, more realistic issue than losing them to the effects of the vaccine.   

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, johnplav said:

That's strange that they would need to sign a waiver if the vaccine isn't mandatory. 

39 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Maybe just stating they were offered it.

Correct. Acknowledging that they were offered the vaccine by the hospital, and that they are essentially putting friends, family, and coworkers at risk.

• Like 1

By the way, this refusal is not just NY.

This is a Michigan article > https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-health-watch/thousands-michigan-health-workers-are-turning-down-covid-vaccines but you can find similar ones for DC, Texas, California, North Carolina, etc. This was all expected though. I don't think anyone expected front-line workers to agree 100% to take vaccine. 

My buddy in Los Angeles said the reports are 40-50% refusal by frontline workers in hospitals in LA and Riverside counties

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

On January 1st I put all my whiskey in the basement cabinet so I'm not too worried about this one.  Seems I indulged a bit more than usual the last 6 months of 2020 and just had to tell myself that I didn't have an issue with it.   On February 1 I'll pull it out and get blasted.........
Sorry for the sidetrack to this epic thread. 

Quitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Belo said:

i was agreeing with you though and said as much. I also stated that I don't really feel that way, and I also share the same concerns you have and I'm a high risk individual who hasn't run out and signed up for a shot yet. 

For discussion purposes though, a vaccine is a form of medical treatment and I like I said, I agree with choice but it's also sort of like "oh shit, I didn't listen and now I need your help" that kind of raises an eyebrow too, no?

No, I understood. My comments weren’t directed at you. Sorry if they seemed to be. 

Just so you all know, One of my girlfriends friends is currently in the ICU in Rochester after taking the Pfizer vaccine. His reactions started within hours of taking it, gradually got worse and he is in the ICU as of this morning. He was healthy and then his employer told him he would be fired if he didn’t take it. 

• Sad 2

What does the Pfizer study protocol say about people who could become pregnant or contribute to a pregnancy?

The protocols say that people who make sperm can be included in the clinical trial if they agree to abstain from heterosexual sex for a month after their final dose or use a condom, and not to donate sperm for that time.

It also states that people who could become pregnant can participate if they agree to abstain from heterosexual sex or are using a list of approved birth controls (which includes everything but the pull-out or rhythm method). Healthcare professionals conducting the clinical trial are advised to screen anyone who could become pregnant about  their sexual activity and last periods to rule out an undetected early pregnancy. Pfizer states that the reason for these precautions is to “eliminate reproductive safety risk of the study intervention”—which  translates to avoiding any possible risk in the absence of concrete data assuring the vaccine’s safety for pregnant people.

Just a normal vaccine ,nothing to see here ,move along. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/judge-says-pharaohs-gentlemens-club-allowed-to-reopen-with-dancers

WNY going wild. First the Bills game with cuomo flying in. Now strip clubs! Why open the stadium and titty bars in the fall when cases are low. Let’s wait for max rates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll buy the first round .

• Like 1

There’s been a preplanned , mass vaccination plan in place for years for such outbreaks  . They train on it it’s been set to go for years , yet coumo won’t use it and wants to use the “ states “ plan as soon as he can come up, with one ... sad . Just an egoistical asshole . 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

What does the Pfizer study protocol say about people who could become pregnant or contribute to a pregnancy?

The protocols say that people who make sperm can be included in the clinical trial if they agree to abstain from heterosexual sex for a month after their final dose or use a condom, and not to donate sperm for that time.

It also states that people who could become pregnant can participate if they agree to abstain from heterosexual sex or are using a list of approved birth controls (which includes everything but the pull-out or rhythm method). Healthcare professionals conducting the clinical trial are advised to screen anyone who could become pregnant about  their sexual activity and last periods to rule out an undetected early pregnancy. Pfizer states that the reason for these precautions is to “eliminate reproductive safety risk of the study intervention”—which  translates to avoiding any possible risk in the absence of concrete data assuring the vaccine’s safety for pregnant people.

Just a normal vaccine ,nothing to see here ,move along. 

That's the thing from a government  point of view even if lets say 10% of people get messed up from the vaccine to the government  its worth it   not that its that high  but you never know if you can trust them is what I would be worried about . They may have made the calculation that its for the  greater good  even if a certain percentage  get sick from it  . 

12 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/judge-says-pharaohs-gentlemens-club-allowed-to-reopen-with-dancers

Now strip clubs! Why open the stadium and titty bars in the fall when cases are low.

Been a few years since I've been to one , I'm sure they don't " Slip Bills " now but where does one swipe their Credit Card ?    LOL