Vaccination

4 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I dont really want to start a new discussion here , it's the same reason the media didnt cover trump visiting soldiers in the hospital or when he did anything that painted him as a decent human. The government is pushing this vaccine, the owners of the media are in bed with the government . The only let out what they want us to know.

Those are very different things. One is a political agenda and the other is a world health crisis. WORLD. Not just the US.

3 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

You trust the media with anything? I dont  It’s all about ratings with them. They sensationalize lots of things. I will Not be a part of it. 

I do not, and thought I did a good job explaining that a worldwide vaccine that was putting people in ICUs would be impossible to coverup. That was it and nothing more. I just can't see how this could be hidden on a global scale with the millions of doses already given. 

• Like 1

It would be odd that someone would end up in the ICU only 3 days after infection.  COVID usually takes longer.  Maybe there was something wrong with those particular vials.  I know Pfizer needs to be store in a ridiculously low temperature otherwise it goes bad.  That means distribution center, transport, and local on-site storage has to have the equipment to properly store the vaccine.  It's why I prefer Moderna's instead.

Wife has the option of taking it.  She also can pass on it since she works remotely.  She has been back and forth about it.  We spoke about it on Wednesday as a matter of fact.  But after numerous friends of ours, family,  and her colleagues have all taken it (including some who has already taken the 2nd dose) without any issues at all, she plans on taking it.  Also she asked many of the doctors who she knows and works with there.  All are in favor of taking it and have given it to their families as well.  They told her that they researched it and found the science to be very sound which is why they are confident in taking it.  These are doctors that she's known for up to 17 years.  A few were even at our wedding.  This isn't based on news or social media which we can all agree isn't 100% truthful.  This is based on the media reports and journals within the medical community.  We may not trust the news but if you can't trust the medical reports then we might as well not trust anything.  There hasn't been a single reported incidence at her hospital so far.  She signed off on it yesterday.  She's going in next week for testing then her shots.

• Like 3

I've lost an uncle this week to covid ,my wife was sick for two weeks ,my daughter one day ,now my mom is in hospital after covid caused her to have a heart attack. That vaccine can't come soon enough for my family 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sbuff said:

I've lost an uncle this week to covid ,my wife was sick for two weeks ,my daughter one day ,now my mom is in hospital after covid caused her to have a heart attack. That vaccine can't come soon enough for my family 

Wow sorry to hear this .

Its so odd, I don’t have anyone in my inner circle who got it , maybe a few guys from  the job I retired from . My RN daughter does rotations in the covid unit too , just did three weeks there .

WNYBuckhunter, can I ask where those folks are in the ICU? I see you're from Lima, and I figured that they'd be in the Rochester region - as mentioned previously, I have it straight from the top that there was absolutely no one admitted to the ICU at Strong or associated hospitals after having received the vaccine. I can't speak for Rochester Regional Health or any other hospitals, but we have seen very few adverse reactions of any real consequence, and certainly not severe enough to put anyone in ICU. This is the official word from folks at the highest levels, several of whom actually read this thread last week, through me and to you. 

If this is indeed vaccine related, then these cases will by necessity show up in the adverse reactions database administered by the CDC. Even if they're not vaccine related it will still show up; for example, someone who had to have their appendix removed was listed as having reported severe abdominal pain as a side effect of the vaccine, although in retrospect this was absolutely not the cause. IMHO, I'm not sure that it would be possible to hide something like this, and in any case, transparency is always the best option. I hope that your friends recover - we just lost one of the captains at Sandy Creek this past weekend from COVID after a month in ICU, and it sucks. My heart goes out to all of those who are impacted by this SOB of a disease.

Edited by knehrke
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 8:32 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

Medical industry. As of right now, that person is still in the ICU on life support. Two more people that we personally know are now in the ICU after taking the vaccine. One of which is a 29 year old woman who was healthy before the vaccine. Now she’s on a respirator. 

On 1/15/2021 at 6:16 PM, Elmo said:

It would be odd that someone would end up in the ICU only 3 days after infection.  COVID usually takes longer.  Maybe there was something wrong with those particular vials.  I know Pfizer needs to be store in a ridiculously low temperature otherwise it goes bad.  That means distribution center, transport, and local on-site storage has to have the equipment to properly store the vaccine.  It's why I prefer Moderna's instead.

Since they are in the medical industry they are more at risk to contract COVID.  The vaccine does not cause COVID as it does not inject the virus.  The vaccines only achieve ~70% effectiveness after 3-4 weeks.  Three days post vaccination would not confer any immunity.  It's more likely to be COVID or something else unrelated to the vaccine, but possibly some severe reaction to the vaccine.  I am certain CDC, and the vaccine manufacturer will want to know the full details about these cases to know for sure.

Wow sorry to hear this .
Its so odd, I don’t have anyone in my inner circle who got it , maybe a few guys from  the job I retired from . My RN daughter does rotations in the covid unit too , just did three weeks there .

Our firefighters got it, your guys haven't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Our firefighters got it, your guys haven't?

They  have been offered it , I was in my old house last week ( don’t tell , visitors are banned )  , most got it , some passed .  A few had covid in the past  over all it’s not a big concern among most of the fellas .

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

fc8788600906290f6f745b69f7d561d6.jpg

Under or around 50% for many local
Hospitals

Appreciate Hospital Workers is everyone that works in that space (Administration, Maintenance, Food Services, etc), not just Healthcare Professionals (Doctors/Pharmacists/Nurses).  I'd be more interested in knowing % of Healthcare Professionals vaccinated.   Teachers to me are no barometer.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

fc8788600906290f6f745b69f7d561d6.jpg

Under or around 50% for many local
Hospitals

That doesn't mean it's all choice.  Our county ran out of vaccines and we were supposed by get more and it went to Syracuse.  There isn't enough vaccine for demand.  Some is choice of course but much is a lack of vaccine to give out.  When it becomes available places are booked in an hour.  Most of the drug stores that are supposed to get vaccine are already booked into March. 

• Like 1

Have no fear. Trump is here.

Earlier this week, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced that the federal government would start releasing COVID-19 doses that had been held in reserve for second shots, as part of an effort to ramp up a distribution process that has been plagued by chaos and delay. “This new system gives states a strong incentive to ensure that...doses are going to work protecting people rather than sitting on shelves or in freezers,” Azar said at the time.

The move was applauded by many, including Ohio governor Mike DeWine, who called it a “welcome change,” with other supporters saying that despite the fact that it might result in a small delay for people’s second shots, it was more important to get as many doses out as quickly as possible as deaths from the virus hit record numbers and a new, even more contagious variant spreads through the U.S.

There was just one teeny, tiny problem with the new plan, so small that the federal government apparently didn’t think to mention it at the time. It didn‘t have any more doses to ship out. Whoops! Their bad.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/01/trump-administration-vaccine-doses-screw-up

That doesn't mean it's all choice.  Our county ran out of vaccines and we were supposed by get more and it went to Syracuse.  There isn't enough vaccine for demand.  Some is choice of course but much is a lack of vaccine to give out.  When it becomes available places are booked in an hour.  Most of the drug stores that are supposed to get vaccine are already booked into March. 

It was choice for several of those under 50%. Vaccines were sent back to the state unused

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It was choice for several of those under 50%. Vaccines were sent back to the state unused

Would find that hard to believe.  Esp when all I see in the health care field/emergency response  is nothing but flooded phone lines and people wanting and waiting to get it and no vaccine available.  Hundreds of appts were cancelled cause vaccines weren't available.  There are waiting lists here for thousands.   

If they were sent back then they also weren't doing their job of disseminating it.  Esp since it was opened up to seniors.  If they are a pod for vaccines I can't see anyway they were sent back instead of being offered to others at least. 

Appreciate Hospital Workers is everyone that works in that space (Administration, Maintenance, Food Services, etc), not just Healthcare Professionals (Doctors/Pharmacists/Nurses).  I'd be more interested in knowing % of Healthcare Professionals vaccinated.   Teachers to me are no barometer.

I am friends with a pediatrician, a surgeon who's married to a pharmacist, and an oncologist. All four took it with zero hesitation. That's good enough for me

• Like 2

Yes, you’ll find that in the healthcare setting, those with advanced degrees and with training in physiology etc. will have no reluctance whatsoever to get vaccinated. All the cases you hear about healthcare workers not wanting the vaccine come from lower end support staff that’s more susceptible to disinformation campaigns and conspiracy theories. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Yes, you’ll find that in the healthcare setting, those with advanced degrees and with training in physiology etc. will have no reluctance whatsoever to get vaccinated. All the cases you hear about healthcare workers not wanting the vaccine come from lower end support staff that’s more susceptible to disinformation campaigns and conspiracy theories. 

All the cases I hear about healthcare workers not wanting the vaccine come from here! :rofl:

• Haha 1

Would find that hard to believe.  Esp when all I see in the health care field/emergency response  is nothing but flooded phone lines and people wanting and waiting to get it and no vaccine available.  Hundreds of appts were cancelled cause vaccines weren't available.  There are waiting lists here for thousands.   
If they were sent back then they also weren't doing their job of disseminating it.  Esp since it was opened up to seniors.  If they are a pod for vaccines I can't see anyway they were sent back instead of being offered to others at least. 

PM me if you want details.