Vaccination

I think it’s bullshit that I can’t give my vaccinations to someone else. I’m “essential” I was offered the vaccine but don’t want it and hopefully won’t have to. But why can’t I give mine to a family member that wants it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same with my brother and other friends who are doctors and turned down their shots. They would have gladly given it to elders, but couldn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The only bullshit is that there are people ignorant enough out there to not want the vaccine

Sorry but you are incorrect

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

13 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Just heard both my godparents got covid19 about a week ago all they  have is  mild symptoms  they said,  just like a cold , but besides age 80s , they are very heathy people .   I Guess it all depends on the person since its new  virus  you just don't know how you will be effected by this . 

Edited by phantom

And just as an aside, I’ve had covid twice...first time back in March of 2020, tested positive for the antibodies in June/July then got it again around Christmas...1st time was brutal, second time was no worse then the common cold. I was down and out for three days after getting the vaccine, uncontrollable chills and high fever with body aches....my advise to anyone who had it recently is to wait at least 3-4 months after having it to get the vaccine. I have my second shot scheduled for February 19th and they already told me to expect the same or worse side effects.

• Sad 1

Got my first shot Saturday with no side effects. Being in contact with 100+ kids and other teachers every day while taking care of my mother after a knee replacement it was a no brainer.

However, I do wish I was able to trade appointments with her. She has a March 3 date-why not let us swap since she needs it more than me being at higher risk?

• Like 1

Giving away your vaccine seems like it is a charitable act, but the previous mention of poor selling slots to rich hits the nail on the head.

Also, it raises the old argument about giving away your place in line - folks behind you don't like it much.

And sometimes clarity trumps reason. It's tough right now figuring out who is eligible, getting threatened by the Emperor if we poke the wrong people, getting threatened if we don't poke enough people. Add on top of that the chaos of trying to figure out who is not eligible anymore since they gave their slot away (When do they get eligibility back? Ever?) and you open yet another can of worms.

So, bullshit? Human nature. Which can often be bullshit lol. 

Hang in there. Everybody who wants it will get it by the summer IMHO. There's entirely new vaccines rolling out as we speak.

Edited by knehrke

My wife got her  second shot Monday.  She had no reactions  on the first shot . Second  shot  Monday  night her arm was sore.  Yesterday she said she had a headache so she took Tylenol.  This morning she called off work because she had a slight fever ... headache... body aches and fatigue.  

The news wont shut up about how few vaccines are available and they are letting healthy able bodied people to receive it first? 

Exactly! I didn’t die from it either time I had it, didn’t even have a symptom either time I had it. Still don’t really believe i had it but tested positive twice. I have about the same odds of winning the mega millions as I do dying from it as a healthy person in my 30’s.

• Like 1

I read that they don't want to give your shots to someone else is because they had enough people who turned down the shot only to take it a couple of weeks later.  They were hesitant but once they saw their colleagues take it with no major side-effects they felt more comfortable.  This ended up causing a shortage of the second dose since they gave the shot to someone not on the list.  They thought they could just ask for more for the second dose but found out that there's a shortage and they weren't able to get enough 2nd dose to cover.  Now, those who took the 1st dose but didn't get the 2nd dose basically wasted it and has to start over.

51 minutes ago, Elmo said:

I read that they don't want to give your shots to someone else is because they had enough people who turned down the shot only to take it a couple of weeks later.  They were hesitant but once they saw their colleagues take it with no major side-effects they felt more comfortable.  This ended up causing a shortage of the second dose since they gave the shot to someone not on the list.  They thought they could just ask for more for the second dose but found out that there's a shortage and they weren't able to get enough 2nd dose to cover.  Now, those who took the 1st dose but didn't get the 2nd dose basically wasted it and has to start over.

The first dose does offer some degree of protection so hopefully not a waste in these cases. 

31 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Sounds like a good percentage of Hospital workers are getting vaccinated. I realize this includes anyone that works at a hospital.....but those numbers don't seem as bleak as once projected.4bfca3e72cd11673a28e5f1b83fe609e.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Forget the numbers... who is Morgan Mckay??

• Like 1