Vaccination

42 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/anal-swab-china-coronavirus/2021/01/27/cc284f56-6054-11eb-a177-7765f29a9524_story.html

How many of you are signing up for this? Take one up the can for a more accurate test since the nose isn’t good enough anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does it come with a free fortune cookie ?

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/anal-swab-china-coronavirus/2021/01/27/cc284f56-6054-11eb-a177-7765f29a9524_story.html

How many of you are signing up for this? Take one up the can for a more accurate test since the nose isn’t good enough anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This isn't true.  It's not accurate at all.  Doctor had to check me several times and still couldn't get a good reading.  He is at least helpful though.  Even gave me his personal number and home address and told me to go by Friday night for a more thorough testing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Rep. Stephen Lynch tests positive even after receiving both doses of pfizer vaccine . 

Corona virus causes the sickness Corona Virus Disease (COVID).  Two separate but connected things.  The vaccine protects you from getting COVID (the illness/sickness) from the virus.  That is how immunity works.  The vaccine does not protect you from catching the virus.  The vaccine also does not eradicate the virus and it most likely will exist in the world forever now.   The test is for the presence of the virus only.  Every single person that gets the vaccinations and develops immunity can still test positive.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Amazing that snowflakes just couldn't stand the way trump publicly spoke and they're ok listening to that. 

That reminds me of that one kid, who could never read out loud in class .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

If you need clarification allow new Prez to explain

https://mobile.twitter.com/CompoundBoss/status/1355358127739301889

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not saying that Biden doesn’t have more than his fair share of gaffes, but it’s funny  how this cuts off right before he corrects himself, 300 million Americans. 
This is at 2:45 in the video below.

Not looking for an argument, just trying to provide some more information, so feel free to take it or leave it.

I got my vaccine last weekend, after my wife spent literally hours online trying to make an appointment. I would have given up after 10 minutes. 
I had no side effects other than a little soreness at the injection site. I go back for round 2 the middle of next month. 

54 minutes ago, DoubleDose said:

Corona virus causes the sickness Corona Virus Disease (COVID).  Two separate but connected things.  The vaccine protects you from getting COVID (the illness/sickness) from the virus.  That is how immunity works.  The vaccine does not protect you from catching the virus.  The vaccine also does not eradicate the virus and it most likely will exist in the world forever now.   The test is for the presence of the virus only.  Every single person that gets the vaccinations and develops immunity can still test positive.

So i exercise and take plenty of vitamins daily i have no reason to get the vaccination ? My body is just doing what it was intended to do.  There is literally no difference between someone who gets the vaccine and someone who has a healthy immune system? 

Thank you for this answer. It’s really sad the information that can be spread by people that only get half truths

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Amazing that snowflakes just couldn't stand the way trump publicly spoke and they're ok listening to that. 

Yeah, Trump was a mess. But it wasn’t  just his inability to speak that threw people off, it was his unwillingness to let the experts work that cost him votes he had the first time around. Listen to Dr. Fauci’s interview where he details the dysfunction of the Trump administration: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/26/podcasts/the-daily/anthony-fauci-donald-trump-coronavirus-pandemic.html

Thank you for this answer. It’s really sad the information that can be spread by people that only get half truths

This is a very two way street....i got no problem listen to FACTS from either side but no one is trusted I be telling the TRUTH without spinning it to point a finger of blame elsewhere or make “their side” look better.

I understand and appreciate what doubledose is saying and that makes sense....but then why was the country shut down based on positivity numbers? And why is it that things can miraculously open up now that big joe is in office? If he had the solution prior to being elected, why not give it in March...he was in some political office then (and the last 40+ years) no?

It just feels like if this issue was resolved (not solved) in August and the country opened up and small business and the economy was strong come October, Trump would have walked into a re-election and that just could not happen.

14 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I understand and appreciate what doubledose is saying and that makes sense....but then why was the country shut down based on positivity numbers? And why is it that things can miraculously open up now that big joe is in office? If he had the solution prior to being elected, why not give it in March...he was in some political office then (and the last 40+ years) no?

It just feels like if this issue was resolved (not solved) in August and the country opened up and small business and the economy was strong come October, Trump would have walked into a re-election and that just could not happen.

Miraculous reopening? Where? The US has just imposed new travel restrictions. We’ll see a slow and gradual reopening occur over months as the vaccine rolls out, assuming no new variant renders it ineffective. 
Unfortunately Biden couldn’t reform the public health infrastructure and Covid response from him home office. 
In regards to Trump, you’re probably right. If his response to Covid wasn’t as disastrous as what we saw, Trump may have won the election. The American people decided that utter incompetence is incompatible with crisis management.  

17 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Miraculous reopening? Where? T

Well, where I live in NYS. No more orange and yellow, zones, they’re gone, you can now seat up to 10 at a table in a restaurant, weddings, will soon be able to have 150 guests , bans on elective surgery, are lifted in the areas that still had them . That’s just from my aging memory, I’m sure I’m missing things .

Oh more high school sports can now play too .

I wonder if it’s just weddings, covid killed retirement parties for the brothers , they’re  often 100 plus at them , perhaps a guy could renew his vow at his retirement party ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Well, where I live in NYS. No more orange and yellow, zones, they’re gone, you can now seat up to 10 at a table in a restaurant, weddings, will soon be able to have 150 guests , bans on elective surgery, are lifted in the areas that still had them . That’s just from my aging memory, I’m sure I’m missing things .

I wonder if it’s just weddings, covid killed retirement parties for the brothers , they’re  often 100 plus at them , perhaps a guy could renew his vow at his retirement party ....

That’s not miraculous. We’ve had waves of shutdowns and gradual reopening... followed by shutdowns and now gradual reopening 

2 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Yeah, Trump was a mess. But it wasn’t  just his inability to speak that threw people off, it was his unwillingness to let the experts work that cost him votes he had the first time around. Listen to Dr. Fauci’s interview where he details the dysfunction of the Trump administration: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/26/podcasts/the-daily/anthony-fauci-donald-trump-coronavirus-pandemic.html

Literally nothing has changed in the covid battle . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

They wouldn't let me in with my wife for her sonogram Thursday, i went to the first 2 before the restrictions were "lifted" now i can't go in with her . This whole thing is a giant sham to control the people .  

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

So i exercise and take plenty of vitamins daily i have no reason to get the vaccination ? My body is just doing what it was intended to do.  There is literally no difference between someone who gets the vaccine and someone who has a healthy immune system? 

Q1: So i exercise and take plenty of vitamins daily i have no reason to get the vaccination ?

A1: Exercise and vitamins have been proven to be good for your health; and have nothing to do with vaccination.  I have no knowledge of your medical history, family history, concurrent illnesses, concomitant medications, comorbidities, or risk factors and DO NOT want to know.  Whether you have reason to get the vaccine or not is a discussion for you and your primary care physician, not anyone on the internet.

Q2: There is literally no difference between someone who gets the vaccine and someone who has a healthy immune system? 

A2: Entirely different. Coronavirus causes COVID. The vaccine is not injecting the Coronavirus, it injects a part of it, so your immune system recognizes and  builds antibodies to the Virus itself and will kill it off when infected with the virus.  The vaccination cannot cause you to develop COVID. 1) Someone vaccinated with a healthy immune system, who gets infected with the Coronavirus,  should not develop COVID.  2) Someone NOT vaccinated with a healthy immune system, who gets infected with the Coronavirus, WILL develop COVID. What cannot be predicted is that if YOU develop COVID will it be mild or fatal.

14 minutes ago, DoubleDose said:

Q1: So i exercise and take plenty of vitamins daily i have no reason to get the vaccination ?

A1: Exercise and vitamins have been proven to be good for your health; and have nothing to do with vaccination.  I have no knowledge of your medical history, family history, concurrent illnesses, concomitant medications, comorbidities, or risk factors and DO NOT want to know.  Whether you have reason to get the vaccine or not is a discussion for you and your primary care physician, not anyone on the internet.

Q2: There is literally no difference between someone who gets the vaccine and someone who has a healthy immune system? 

A2: Entirely different. Coronavirus causes COVID. The vaccine is not injecting the Coronavirus, it injects a part of it, so your immune system recognizes and  builds antibodies to the Virus itself and will kill it off when infected with the virus.  The vaccination cannot cause you to develop COVID. 1) Someone vaccinated with a healthy immune system, who gets infected with the Coronavirus,  should not develop COVID.  2) Someone NOT vaccinated with a healthy immune system, who gets infected with the Coronavirus, WILL develop COVID. What cannot be predicted is that if YOU develop COVID will it be mild or fatal.

Thank you for the explanation .