Vaccination

Just 165 flu-related hospitalizations were recorded between Oct. 1 and Feb. 6, according to recent information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That’s compared to roughly 400,000 people who were hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, which also saw 22,000 deaths.

Seems fishy?? Going from 400k to 165? Not 165k. Not 16,500. Not even 1,650. Literally only 165?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Out of the clear blue sky I got a message from my primary that I'm eligible for the vaccine. I'll try and find one I guess

Yea man why not.... I’m going a week from Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Just 165 flu-related hospitalizations were recorded between Oct. 1 and Feb. 6, according to recent information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That’s compared to roughly 400,000 people who were hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, which also saw 22,000 deaths.

Seems fishy?? Going from 400k to 165? Not 165k. Not 16,500. Not even 1,650. Literally only 165?

maybe covid19 some how effects the regular flu virus  or they cook the books 

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yes remember the Dem’s famous words. The flu numbers are down because of mask wearing. Then their next statement was... Virus is spreading because nobody wears their mask.  Can’t make that crap up!

28 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Yes remember the Dem’s famous words. The flu numbers are down because of mask wearing. Then their next statement was... Virus is spreading because nobody wears their mask.  Can’t make that crap up!

Sadly we live amongst people who are dumb enough to believe what ever they are told. They refuse to question anything .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Out of the clear blue sky I got a message from my primary that I'm eligible for the vaccine. I'll try and find one I guess

Got the message from my doc also.  I'll pass. 

Local news said there was people who had reserved 7 vaccine appointments, if this virus has shown me anything it's just how low people can go . I've made it  crystal clear I'm not interested in the vaccine but there are people who are and old people that would benefit from it.  The selfishness we've seen from this in the last year is unbelievable. 

• Like 3

Local news said there was people who had reserved 7 vaccine appointments, if this virus has shown me anything it's just how low people can go . I've made it  crystal clear I'm not interested in the vaccine but there are people who are and old people that would benefit from it.  The selfishness we've seen from this in the last year is unbelievable. 

They've had an entire year to put a system together to distribute the vaccine and did basically nothing. How hard is it to have a website where you reserve with your social or drivers license number that won't let you do it twice? Pathetic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

in the binghamton area my wife's grandmother showed up to get vaccinated. the place was pretty empty, yet appointments were full. the staff basically said that people are booking up appointments and then not cancelling one's they don't go to. they also said it wasn't right to let the doses go to waste and to make phone calls to get others they knew in need down there to get vaccinated. i'm hearing of similar situations all over. i'm essential despite not a care provider. i've worked the entire time. i'm 37 and in good health. i feel there's others that are in need before i am, so i have no desire to take advantage of a cluster f*** situation to get myself the vaccine. i'm sure there's others that have though. hell i know multiple people that are young but have health issues that make them very high risk. the NYS site doesn't even ask that and/or they've been told "nope. you don't meet requirements from NYS." NYS doesn't have their shit together as much as they could. governor probably left that part out in his book he had time to write.

I've had both my doses now. My wife is really on top of things for her family and staff. She has spent hours on the registration pages between NY and FL trying to get appointments. I would have given up after 10 minutes. 

Regardless, I had both doses at UAlbany, Pfizer. No issues other than a bit of a sore spot at the injection site. I was warned by multiple people, including the nurse administering the vaccine, that the 2nd dose is usually a doozy. However, I didn't have any adverse side-effects. 

I also didn't have any issues at the vaccine site. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. The National Guard folks did a great job of direction, and they had plenty of staff/volunteers. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

They've had an entire year to put a system together to distribute the vaccine and did basically nothing. How hard is it to have a website where you reserve with your social or drivers license number that won't let you do it twice? Pathetic.

Seriously ,theres probably a million kids in high schools across the country who could write the program in a weekend to manage the appointments. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

in the binghamton area my wife's grandmother showed up to get vaccinated. the place was pretty empty, yet appointments were full. the staff basically said that people are booking up appointments and then not cancelling one's they don't go to. they also said it wasn't right to let the doses go to waste and to make phone calls to get others they knew in need down there to get vaccinated. i'm hearing of similar situations all over. i'm essential despite not a care provider. i've worked the entire time. i'm 37 and in good health. i feel there's others that are in need before i am, so i have no desire to take advantage of a cluster f*** situation to get myself the vaccine. i'm sure there's others that have though. hell i know multiple people that are young but have health issues that make them very high risk. the NYS site doesn't even ask that and/or they've been told "nope. you don't meet requirements from NYS." NYS doesn't have their shit together as much as they could. governor probably left that part out in his book he had time to write.

I wonder if people can get screwed up if they mix the vaccines ,like first dose is say pfizer and the second dose is from a different location and different mfg.