Vaccination

Seriously ,theres probably a million kids in high schools across the country who could write the program in a weekend to manage the appointments. 

Agreed but instead we have a system that pits people against people and every man for himself. And if that “easy” of a solution is available(and I agree it should have been) why wasn’t it? I am not much of a conspiracy theorist but I am getting closer!

My mother had two appointments for two different locations and he name was on three other lists waiting. Is that selfish....probably but when appointments are getting cancelled at random we were forced to take precautions for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Agreed but instead we have a system that pits people against people and every man for himself. And if that “easy” of a solution is available(and I agree it should have been) why wasn’t it? I am not much of a conspiracy theorist but I am getting closer!

My mother had two appointments for two different locations and he name was on three other lists waiting. Is that selfish....probably but when appointments are getting cancelled at random we were forced to take precautions for her.

Sent from my iPhone using 

Exactly why I cant understand people who have such a devoted belief in the governments plan for all of this ( not saying you specifically) How long has dmv been around? They still cant even tell if you've turned in license plates. Nothing the government has control runs anywhere near correctly . The government wonders why people have such a push back for giving them more control over anything ,they suck at everything they get involved in.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I try to never watch the news , i didn't realize the amount of people getting screwed out of vaccine appointments , i watch the news one time and hear people are being selfish and hoarding appointment only to find out it's because their system is faulty . Now i realize i made a mistake and judged people people for being selfish when people who want the vaccine are just trying to make sure they get one . I got taken by the media .

• Like 1

I try to never watch the news , i didn't realize the amount of people getting screwed out of vaccine appointments , i watch the news one time and hear people are being selfish and hoarding appointment only to find out it's because their system is faulty . Now i realize i made a mistake and judged people people for being selfish when people who want the vaccine are just trying to make sure they get one . I got taken by the media .

Oh no...that exists too. I just saw a story today of two 20 year old girls dressed as old ladies (wigs, glasses, etc.). They got busted.....DURING THEIR SECOND SHOT! Yup- they got away with it for the first round

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/covid-vaccine-florida-women-elderly-priority-b1804548.html%3famp

• Like 1

It amazes me that severe obesity is a qualifier to get vaccine.  You might as well open it up to chronic smokers too as both tend to be self inflicted.   I qualify to get vaccine because of high blood pressure.  Will I, hell no.

Not because I distrust vaccine.  I watch my blood pressure like a hawk and take all the steps to control it.  I would feel like a thief taking from many far more deserving that have real issues.  

Wife is getting vaccine.  In remission for breast cancer.  

• Like 1

It amazes me that severe obesity is a qualifier to get vaccine.  You might as well open it up to chronic smokers too as both tend to be self inflicted.   I qualify to get vaccine because of high blood pressure.  Will I, hell no.
Not because I distrust vaccine.  I watch my blood pressure like a hawk and take all the steps to control it.  I would feel like a thief taking from many far more deserving that have real issues.  
Wife is getting vaccine.  In remission for breast cancer.  

Your whole statement is flawed. You distrust vaccine, but you want to leave it for those more deserving. Obesity is not a choice . I’m obese and I don’t eat any less healthy than most here. I’m also highly active. If you wife is in remission why should she get it?

31 minutes ago, Chef said:

Your whole statement is flawed. You distrust vaccine, but you want to leave it for those more deserving. Obesity is not a choice . I’m obese and I don’t eat any less healthy than most here. I’m also highly active. If you wife is in remission why should she get it?

I think you missed the part that said... Not that I distrust the vaccine...  and yes I believe it’s kinda stupid to say that fat people or smokers should get it ahead of anyone else. I believe if they are in this shit fire hurry to stick anyone that will take it then they should open it up for just that.      They say that’s the only thing that’s going to save the world....Even though you can still get it and still give it and still have to wear a mask and still have to go in lockdown and probably still have to get future shots....  What a Joke. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Obesity is 100 percent a choice , im trying to get rid of my gut that i am 100 percent responsible for ,i chose to consume more calories then i was burning and i have a gut to show for my choices. 

Obesity is 100 percent a choice , im trying to get rid of my gut that i am 100 percent responsible for ,i chose to consume more calories then i was burning and i have a gut to show for my choices. 

Have you considered quitting cider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, Chef said:

So  I no longer have to take responsibility for being fat?

Chef

It is your response that's flawed but I'm sorry if I stuck a nerve.  

First, I do trust vaccine as was clearly stated in my original post.  The vaccine isn't something that was invented in six months like some people think.  The technology behind it has been in the works for ten years.   We are lucky we had a vehicle in the waiting to fight Covid. 

My brother, PhD biochemist and Fulbright scholar was called out of retirement because of his expertise and is heavily involved in detecting, fighting and getting a cure for virus.  

My company makes optics that are used in equipment used to detect, fight and work on cures for virus.  We been working 7 days a week three shifts.  I delayed my retirement because I knew this was important and so is the position I hold in company.

Gross obesity is not a choice? We are talking BMI in excess of 30.  That's well beyond just being overweight.  I grant you there are people with issues that use food for comfort.  However obesity and smoking isn't a disease.  It's more a bad habit that tough to kick.    Some of the conditions they generate are a disease and if it advances to those stages then I do support those people to get vaccine.

Why did my wife deserve to get vaccine.  Do you seriously think her cancer was attributed to any action on her part?  And I don't think you know how remission works.  Cancer cells aren't all gone and often does make a come back. She's on drugs to help prevent it.  Her immune system is compromised.  I take it you never had to deal with this in your family.  You are lucky.  It took my other brother well before his time.  He also did nothing that would attribute to his cancer.  It also took my mother.  Also a nonsmoker.

Due to my upbringing it was ingrained in my brothers and myself to be selfless.  I do think of others when I make choices.  My choice here is there's far more people that need vaccine at present than I do.  At present, there's far more demand for vaccine than available.  When that changes, I will get vaccine.

I would also like to see Children 15 and under get vaccine before me.  I've lived a good life.  If the big guy takes me, so be it.  I lived a life without screwing anyone and have helped many along the way.  It's what makes me feel good. 

I grant you see this all different and that's your right.  I voice my opinion and you voice yours.   

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

So  I no longer have to take responsibility for being fat?

Chef is right 70% it is genetics.  I know people  that never move during the day and eat crap and are skinny . Then others that are very active and don't eat much and they are still fat  then some   also get fatter with age even if they  don't eat much . Unless they are 500 ib more then likely its just genes that makes people fatter then others . 

Obesity and Genetics - Nature - Nurture - Obesity Medicine AssociationMain

Edited by phantom

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

Chef is right 70% it is genetics.  I know people  that never move during the day and eat crap and are skinny . Then others that are very active and don't eat much and they are still fat  then some   also get fatter with age even if they  don't eat much . Unless they are 500 ib more then likely its just genes that makes people fatter then others . 

Obesity and Genetics - Nature - Nurture - Obesity Medicine AssociationMain

Do you seriously know anybody who follows a strict healthy diet and is still over weight? Not a chance

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Obesity is a choice...if you choose to live in WNY you are probably skinny as crap- have you seen their pizza?

I live in wny and have some work to do before bikini season gets here ,its not from our pizza though . You have to really search for a good pie around here thankfully. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Do you seriously know anybody who follows a strict healthy diet and is still over weight? Not a chance

skinny people  don't either  I know for a fact many people that are skinny that eat nothing but junk food  crap never gain weight its like being tall or short its mostly genetic .  fat  mother, father, fat kids skinny parents skinny kids .

you think Obama eats good lol   HE slams down cheese burgers just like  everyone else don't kid yourself .  you ever see a native American  They're almost all  over weight . its just genetics because they use to have to do with less in the past and be way more active to get food  . Modern world is to blame .  yea if everyone went back to catching and farming there own food  like 100 years ago  you would not see any really  fat people but that life style not possible today .  you can control weight to some extent but your not going to take a fatty and make them cut like Greek statue  unless they are on steroids' or spend all day in a gym which normal people don't have to do to stay skinny .

their  are a bunch of scientific  study's on this. not talking about someone who is 400 500 ib  

Edited by phantom

I live in wny and have some work to do before bikini season gets here ,its not from our pizza though . You have to really search for a good pie around here thankfully. 

I've been looking for 31 years. If I thought stealing the Declaration of Independence would help I'd be on my way to Washington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1