Vaccination

Here is a interesting bit of information.... looks like the macho man got the vaccine and didn’t make it public. Guess it didn’t fit his image. He had covid and got the vaccine in secret. Maybe if he did it publicly some people out there would be more likely to get the vaccine

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/03/01/trump-melania-got-covid-vaccine-before-leaving-white-house/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a interesting bit of information.... looks like the macho man got the vaccine and didn’t make it public. Guess it didn’t fit his image. He had covid and got the vaccine in secret. Maybe if he did it publicly some people out there would be more likely to get the vaccine

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/03/01/trump-melania-got-covid-vaccine-before-leaving-white-house/amp/

I thought you were talking about Randy Savage

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

If a person needs to see someone else do something before they do it they already have other issues. The guy already had the virus and it was public knowledge. Getting a shot after the fact is not front page news. He is the last person worried about an image. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'm going to hold out for the J&J shot if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

or just hold out till 2022 and there won't be any vaccines necessary anyway. they will go obsolete like @crappyice's lyme disease vaccine shot 

5 hours ago, Chef said:

The people who want the vaccine should be kissing trumps ass for setting up the network he did and paving the way for the biden administration to continue administering the vaccine ,god only knows how horrible things would be if biden was left to set up that network.

• Like 4

or just hold out till 2022 and there won't be any vaccines necessary anyway. they will go obsolete like [mention=327]crappyice[/mention]'s lyme disease vaccine shot 

Never had Lyme yet and the 6th toe on my right foot is barely noticeable!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, crappyice said:

Never had Lyme yet and the 6th toe on my right foot is barely noticeable!

that's a human tail, not a toe. I always pat you on the back when i see you so that I can touch it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'm going to hold out for the J&J shot if possible

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

or just hold out till 2022 and there won't be any vaccines necessary anyway. they will go obsolete like @crappyice's lyme disease vaccine shot 

The Pfizer/BioNtech and Moderna vaccines have proven they are safe (over 75 million doses given) but if you want the J&J vaccine, which is less effective, that is your choice.

Holding out to 2022 is putting your life at risk.  COVID19 can result in death; including young healthy individuals with no risk factors treated in good hospitals.  The virus will not be eradicated and will still be around.  Although it is expected we will have herd immunity by then, the purpose of the vaccine is also so that the individual has some immunity to prevent disease. There has been zero fatality from COVID19 in anyone vaccinated to date.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

You got to check frequently.   Javits center was open yesterday.  I got a family friend an appointment.   I was able to find an appointment a couple days ago in the bronx but they filled up quick. 

I see.  Yesterday Potsdam was the only one listed as having availability but today there's a few but none near NYC.  Same thing when I signed up my mom.  Walgreens site showed 17 available slots when I signed up my mom.  By the time I registered my dad and tried to sign him up, it said no more available time slots.  I was eventually able to get him one on few blocks west.  Both got their this morning.  Mom came out like a champ.  My old man got the sore arm.  Everyone tells me though that if you do get the fever side effect, it is always on the 2nd shot and not the 1st.

image.png

@Elmo  I booked an appointment at the NYS site here is Syracuse for MArch 20th a couple of days ago.  Today I was able to book one for Monday morning, so I can get it earlier.  There are more doses available now and appointments are opening up.  Keep checking.  

2 minutes ago, Otto said:

@Elmo  I booked an appointment at the NYS site here is Syracuse for MArch 20th a couple of days ago.  Today I was able to book one for Monday morning, so I can get it earlier.  There are more doses available now and appointments are opening up.  Keep checking.  

Thanks.  After several days of looking was able to get them their shots this morning.  Just commenting on how disorganized their site is.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DoubleDose said:

The Pfizer/BioNtech and Moderna vaccines have proven they are safe (over 75 million doses given) but if you want the J&J vaccine, which is less effective, that is your choice.

Holding out to 2022 is putting your life at risk.  COVID19 can result in death; including young healthy individuals with no risk factors treated in good hospitals.  The virus will not be eradicated and will still be around.  Although it is expected we will have herd immunity by then, the purpose of the vaccine is also so that the individual has some immunity to prevent disease. There has been zero fatality from COVID19 in anyone vaccinated to date.

77% effective, 100% preventing hospitalization or death (odds of which are nil for me anyway). Ill be fine with or without it

• Like 1

No more masks in Texas starting next week. There won’t be a vaccine in 2022

I guess Biden lost his absurd 100 days of masks rule lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The availability of the vaccines does seem to be opening up a bit...my wife got a shot scheduled tomorrow...

I was going to wait a bit and get it from the VA, but today when I went to my GP for yearly physical the receptionist

said I could get the shot this Saturday if I wanted, so I signed up.

Took my wife a ton of time and checking to finally get a scheduled shot.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

On this website https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/ 

there were thousands of available appointments in Syracuse late March , but better off checking at 6 am !

There were over 600 appointments available this afternoon for next Monday.   I think they must have received more vaccines than they thought they were going to get. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Mississippi just announced no masks now too.

It's going to feel weird to walk into a store without a mask for the first time , i can't wait to see the hold outs who live with a mask on long after this is gone. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

It's going to feel weird to walk into a store without a mask for the first time , i can't wait to see the hold outs who live with a mask on long after this is gone. 

I do it all the time. The I remember I forgot my mask at home and have to hold my t shirt or sweatshirt over my nose like an idiot. 

12 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Its gonna be forgotten quick.  When i go to florida its weird at first to be in public without a mask.  But in an hour im not even thinking about it. We will get back to normal very fast once they lift masks. 

• Like 1

Grandma Crappy just got her second shot!!! Feeling good and fired up! Hoping it make her feel comfortable enough to go back to church, out to lunch with her friends and dare I say fly down to see her brothers in Florida.

• Like 5