Vaccination

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I do it all the time. The I remember I forgot my mask at home and have to hold my t shirt or sweatshirt over my nose like an idiot. 

Meanwhile I'm still on different job sites weekly and very few wear masks, mostly delivery guys as company policy.

Yet to meet anyone who has had any syptoms or missed work. I'm still cranking 50-60 hr weeks on multiple projects a week with all kinds of trades working.

Even the clients who mostly come from NYC typically dont care anymore. After a year or more of building and virus delays in supplies, they just want to move in and want it done. It's usually the call back clients where I'll put one on, depends on client.

Only guy I know who always seems to be exposed just wants to stay home as hes a lazy POS. The vid has been a godsend to him as he has an excuse to slack off and ditch work.

• Like 1

The New York Legislature will pass legislation to repeal Gov. Andrew Cuomo's emergency powers granted last year at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Democratic leaders in both the Senate and Assembly announced on Tuesday evening.

Does this mean no masks soon in NY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The New York Legislature will pass legislation to repeal Gov. Andrew Cuomo's emergency powers granted last year at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Democratic leaders in both the Senate and Assembly announced on Tuesday evening.

Does this mean no masks soon in NY?

I'm not sure of the no mask thing , but for myself and wife we'll still be extra cautious even after we're both vaccinated with both shots .... We're Too Old to Mold !   LOL

13 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Meanwhile I'm still on different job sites weekly and very few wear masks, mostly delivery guys as company policy.

Yet to meet anyone who has had any syptoms or missed work. I'm still cranking 50-60 hr weeks on multiple projects a week with all kinds of trades working.

Even the clients who mostly come from NYC typically dont care anymore. After a year or more of building and virus delays in supplies, they just want to move in and want it done. It's usually the call back clients where I'll put one on, depends on client.

Only guy I know who always seems to be exposed just wants to stay home as hes a lazy POS. The vid has been a godsend to him as he has an excuse to slack off and ditch work.

Isnt it funny how you get a completely different view of this whole thing if you just look at what's going on around you as opposed to what the news is saying. 

• Like 1

I hate wearing the mask and I hate the idea of having to wear the mask. However, I gotta say, I haven't had so much as a cold since this thing started. I always get a cold or two a year, usually in the spring and again in the fall. No colds in the spring or fall of 2020, and no cold so far yet this year. If I go the rest of this year without one, I think it'll be the longest stretch in my life.

Can't be a coincidence, right?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I hate wearing the mask and I hate the idea of having to wear the mask. However, I gotta say, I haven't had so much as a cold since this thing started. I always get a cold or two a year, usually in the spring and again in the fall. No colds in the spring or fall of 2020, and no cold so far yet this year. If I go the rest of this year without one, I think it'll be the longest stretch in my life.

Of course not. I'm like you - always catch a cold. 

Last year at this time, I mentioned that if nothing else comes out of this, the hand washing and masks will stave off colds and flus, and so far, I've been good.

I think we may see a change in how people deal with colds and flus in the future. That is, mask wearing when you're sick much like they do in Asia.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

was talking about this the other day - dont know anyone that has gotten a regular cold all year. So either the masks and the disinfecting and the social distancing work for colds and flu or the covid test actually tests postive if someone has the cold or flu as well.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

was talking about this the other day - dont know anyone that has gotten a regular cold all year. So either the masks and the disinfecting and the social distancing work for colds and flu or the covid test actually tests postive if someone has the cold or flu as well.  

Bingo.  It’s a bunch of bull.  The Dem’s and agenda pushers say the flu was down because of mask yet they say the virus is up because of lack of correct mask wearing.  Yeah Ok!

• Like 1

March 26 for me. Counting down the days.

I know and respect people for their views as to the impact of this virus. I'm no health professional but I've seen enough of those who got the crap kicked out of them that I'm willing to get the vaccine and roll with it. Such is life.

• Like 3

Our County opened it up for hotel workers, so I am leaving in 10 minutes for shot #1.  Moderna, I think.  A former Marine told me this morning to do 200 push ups after the shot so it properly disburses in my body and my arm won't be sore.   I am sure that is true for a Marine, but it will be sure to bring on a coronary event for me! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Otto said:

Our County opened it up for hotel workers, so I am leaving in 10 minutes for shot #1.  Moderna, I think.  A former Marine told me this morning to do 200 push ups after the shot so it properly disburses in my body and my arm won't be sore.   I am sure that is true for a Marine, but it will be sure to bring on a coronary event for me! 

Haha - I can do 200 push-ups- in a weeks time! I think that works out to about 2/hr. It's gonna be rough, but I should be able to power through it!

1 hour ago, phade said:

March 26 for me. Counting down the days.

I know and respect people for their views as to the impact of this virus. I'm no health professional but I've seen enough of those who got the crap kicked out of them that I'm willing to get the vaccine and roll with it. Such is life.

Just received first Moderna Vaccine this morning. Yep, just gonna roll with it.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

My guess is that more people got a flu shot last year than in any other year. Hand washing, staying home and masks all contributed to stopping the spread of colds, flu and covid. I think you can attribute some of the Covid deaths to people who would have succumbed to the flu in a normal year. However, 50K flu deaths vs 500K covid deaths shows how truly infectious the coronavirus is.  

5 minutes ago, left field said:

My guess is that more people got a flu shot last year than in any other year. Hand washing, staying home and masks all contributed to stopping the spread of colds, flu and covid. I think you can attribute some of the Covid deaths to people who would have succumbed to the flu in a normal year. However, 50K flu deaths vs 500K covid deaths shows how truly infectious the coronavirus is.  

50k flu deaths after 150 million people get the flu shot .

2 hours ago, left field said:

I was referring to an average year. It looks like the 2019/2020 season accounted for 22,000 flu deaths. What's your point?

That people. Many people, still die after vaccines and this virus will be no different. Get the shot. You still get the virus. You still give the virus and you still get your mask on and your life turned upside down for years to come. Perfect!

• Like 1

Yes, people can die from a disease they're vaccinated against. You want a sure thing? Try death and taxes. Or this movie:

image.png.f6b18a358e168504a0540faef8b059c0.png

But as I understand it, no one who has been vaccinated has died from Covid. As I also understand it, about 2000 unvaccinated people are still dying each day.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, left field said:

Yes, people can die from a disease they're vaccinated against. You want a sure thing? Try death and taxes. Or this movie:

image.png.f6b18a358e168504a0540faef8b059c0.png

But as I understand it, no one who has been vaccinated has died from Covid. As I also understand it, about 2000 unvaccinated people are still dying each day.

I'm curious how pregnant woman are doing once vaccinated or even the baby

I figure I’m months away from a shot . Too young , healthy ( no RX meds ,or health issues ) not working . No biggie covid is something I barely even think about .

• Like 2