Vaccination

5 hours ago, Nomad said:

I figure I’m months away from a shot . Too young , healthy ( no RX meds ,or health issues ) not working . No biggie covid is something I barely even think about .

Yup.  And you % wise have as good a chance beating the virus without the shot as with. As most are. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Isnt it funny how you get a completely different view of this whole thing if you just look at what's going on around you as opposed to what the news is saying. 

The answer is in the middle. The MSM will spin their tale, and the world is a much bigger place then the town you live and work in.

On 3/2/2021 at 7:43 PM, Dinsdale said:

Meanwhile I'm still on different job sites weekly and very few wear masks, mostly delivery guys as company policy.

Yet to meet anyone who has had any syptoms or missed work. I'm still cranking 50-60 hr weeks on multiple projects a week with all kinds of trades working.

Even the clients who mostly come from NYC typically dont care anymore. After a year or more of building and virus delays in supplies, they just want to move in and want it done. It's usually the call back clients where I'll put one on, depends on client.

Only guy I know who always seems to be exposed just wants to stay home as hes a lazy POS. The vid has been a godsend to him as he has an excuse to slack off and ditch work.

On 3/2/2021 at 2:53 PM, Elmo said:

I see.  Yesterday Potsdam was the only one listed as having availability but today there's a few but none near NYC.  Same thing when I signed up my mom.  Walgreens site showed 17 available slots when I signed up my mom.  By the time I registered my dad and tried to sign him up, it said no more available time slots.  I was eventually able to get him one on few blocks west.  Both got their this morning.  Mom came out like a champ.  My old man got the sore arm.  Everyone tells me though that if you do get the fever side effect, it is always on the 2nd shot and not the 1st.

image.png

Signed up Thursday and went to the state fair today for shot 1. Sure it was a drive from Roc, but worth it for me as I plan to start business travel soon. It should only get easier soon. But I was annoyed that a whole city like Roc doesn't have shit available. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Belo said:

Signed up Thursday and went to the state fair today for shot 1. Sure it was a drive from Roc, but worth it for me as I plan to start business travel soon. It should only get easier soon. But I was annoyed that a whole city like Roc doesn't have shit available. 

Maybe ask how you qualified ? You’re young, not obese, I presume healthy, not front line worker etc .

I figure I’m months away from a shot . Too young , healthy ( no RX meds ,or health issues ) not working . No biggie covid is something I barely even think about .
Heard they are dropping the age requirement to 55 in the next week or so. If you choose to not sign up...then yes definitely months away...lol.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I thought it wasn't recommended for pregnant women.

I know someone who got the shot and found out she was pregnant 3 weeks later... she is a DR and not worried. I also know someone who is pregnant and got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct - most folks won't blink twice from COVID. But the virus is using us as hosts to mutate, and the next iteration might not be so friendly. Also, there are many unknowns about long-term repercussions from infection. I guess you could say the same regarding the vaccine, but my informed perspective says get the shot. Up to you, of course, ultimately.

As for folks looking for appointments, here's two suggestions. I'm not sure about today, but the Rochester city site that was limited to city residents had an excess of vaccine and opened eligibility more widely a few days ago. Also, the state has a cancellation hotline that a buddy of mine used to get an appointment in Buffalo a day later. Good luck.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fasteddie said:

No appointments available at the Dome Arena . Nothing at CVS or Walgreens . I don't want to drive to Syracuse . I am 79 , wife is 78 .

call your county Office for the Aging . Most counties are taking a list of names of people over 65 and contacting them for booking appts.  

I have friends in the city who have had luck showing up at a CVS at 6:00 on rainy days and getting unclaimed shots.

+ 1. Not sure why it’s so hard for people to get vaccine on this forum? I know several people under 35 with no health issues and not teachers or healthcare workers and they have their vaccines already. I know I could have gotten it already if I wanted it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

+ 1. Not sure why it’s so hard for people to get vaccine on this forum? I know several people under 35 with no health issues and not teachers or healthcare workers and they have their vaccines already. I know I could have gotten it already if I wanted it

How ? Here’s the questions from the screening form . I guess folks just lie ?
seems like they’re taking spots from old folks who may need it more .

0D2EF760-CD09-41F7-A23B-2AA5F6E8D7F5.png

7253894D-528E-47C8-AA70-C11E147EC2F7.png

• Like 1

How ? Here’s the questions from the screening form . I guess folks just lie ?
seems like they’re taking spots from old folks who may need it more .
0D2EF760-CD09-41F7-A23B-2AA5F6E8D7F5.thumb.png.b26c61c9ac04d2bb3d657bdc838be5bc.png
7253894D-528E-47C8-AA70-C11E147EC2F7.thumb.png.08ce86b959faef4c2955b32b801ffbab.png

There’s other ways without filling out silly forms. Rules are also different in border states too.

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

There’s other ways without filling out silly forms. Rules are also different in border states too.

I’d love to hear the other ways . We’re required to turn in our Dept ID when we retire , I had two... so I kept the most current one . But I in good conscience couldn’t use it to lie in this situation. I guess that could be one other way , for unscrupulous people .

The silly forms are used to see that the most needing receive the shots first .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fasteddie said:

No appointments available at the Dome Arena . Nothing at CVS or Walgreens . I don't want to drive to Syracuse . I am 79 , wife is 78 .

Unfortunately you need to keep trying for Dome Arena.  When people cancel or they get additional doses, spots will open up.  Unfortunately the openings that pop up could be a month away.  (But if you are not in a huge rush, and live near Rochester, it beats driving to Syracuse 2x)

12 hours ago, Nomad said:

Maybe ask how you qualified ? You’re young, not obese, I presume healthy, not front line worker etc .

type 1 diabetes

11 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I'm not saying you should want to drive, but I left the house at 11:30 and I was home by 3. You could stop and get something to eat. It's not ideal, but it's not bad if the weather is good and again, for me worth the hassle and gas.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

there's fraud there then. In NY you're only eligible if you have a comorbidity, over 65 or certain jobs that also include grocery store employees. It's in plain english on the DOH website and there really isn't any room for confusion.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I’d love to hear the other ways . We’re required to turn in our Dept ID when we retire , I had two... so I kept the most current one . But I in good conscience couldn’t use it to lie in this situation. I guess that could be one other way , for unscrupulous people .

You're doing the right thing nomad. What Biz is referring to is fraud. You could call it gaming the system or knowing the right person, but in the end it's fraud. 

BTW, the lady that stuck me said the fair was getting johnson and johnson on Friday. So that's just 1 shot. I'm not sure if you'll get to choose or how that will work though. It should be pointed out that j&j isn't as effective and more susceptible to mutation than phizer. 

Also not as broadly tested, so maybe that's the one that gives you the 3rd eye?

28 minutes ago, Belo said:

type 1 diabetes

I'm not saying you should want to drive, but I left the house at 11:30 and I was home by 3. You could stop and get something to eat. It's not ideal, but it's not bad if the weather is good and again, for me worth the hassle and gas.

there's fraud there then. In NY you're only eligible if you have a comorbidity, over 65 or certain jobs that also include grocery store employees. It's in plain english on the DOH website and there really isn't any room for confusion.

You do realize that a simple blood pressure issue ever gets you a free pass for the shot?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Belo said:

BTW, the lady that stuck me said the fair was getting johnson and johnson on Friday. So that's just 1 shot. I'm not sure if you'll get to choose or how that will work though. It should be pointed out that j&j isn't as effective and more susceptible to mutation than phizer. 

Also not as broadly tested, so maybe that's the one that gives you the 3rd eye?

Yankees Stadium has J&J also. It runs 24/7

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

29 minutes ago, Belo said:

type 1 diabetes

I'm not talking about stolen vaccines or fraud. Simply high blood pressure is one. Certain employers have access to vaccines that employees can get is another way. The third is leftovers like Left Field mentioned.