Vaccination

Just now, Robhuntandfish said:

by early to mid April it will be avail to everyone that wants it by the looks of it. 

in CT:

• March 22, 2021: Expands to ages 45 to 54
  • April 12, 2021: Expands to ages 35 to 44
  • May 3, 2021: Expands to ages 16 to 34

By 2022 covid-19 vaccines won't even be available.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

in CT:

Yeah and that might even be moved up as production is also ramping up.   I think they will still be available though.  Cant see them not letting people get it if they want to.  And its not set in stone that you only need it once esp with the variants.  They have even been talking about a booster.  Although the numbers are decreasing it should still be avaialble for a long time.  Like many other vaccines.  

29 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm not talking about stolen vaccines or fraud. Simply high blood pressure is one. Certain employers have access to vaccines that employees can get is another way. The third is leftovers like Left Field mentioned. 

you said healthy. Having high bp is not being healthy. Also employers who have access should be those listed already as eligible. 

PS I had proof of my qualifications but they didn't really care to see it. I think just about anyone could get a vaccine right now, but I would question their morals as there are many that really do need it before the young and healthy do. Hence my statement on fraud, which I know is a strong word, but applies.

Edited by Belo

27 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

in CT:

wouldn't you need to be a ct resident? I know i had to show my id at the fair.

1 hour ago, Belo said:

type 1 diabetes

I'm not saying you should want to drive, but I left the house at 11:30 and I was home by 3. You could stop and get something to eat. It's not ideal, but it's not bad if the weather is good and again, for me worth the hassle and gas.

there's fraud there then. In NY you're only eligible if you have a comorbidity, over 65 or certain jobs that also include grocery store employees. It's in plain english on the DOH website and there really isn't any room for confusion.

You got your first shot on same day as me, so your follow up shot is probably the same day as mine - March 24th.  If so, we can meet up for lunch and/or a beer to celebrate. 

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I know several people under 35 with no health issues and not teachers or healthcare workers and they have their vaccines already

This is what I went by , no health issues ,young, not qualified workers . If they all got last minute shots that would otherwise have been tossed , that’s a good use of resources , under what’s apparently a very flawed system . If CVS has regular no shows, one would think they’d have a stand by list of old folks and those with  comorbidites . No show at 10 AM call the guy on the top of the list ,tell him to, arrive just before 6 , I mean if the goal is truly to get it into the arms of those most at risk and all .

• Thanks 1

^^ This is what my friends are doing. I agree that they should have a list of elderly on hand.

The questionnaire seems to be a bit of a joke. If you tick asthma I doubt they're asking for a doctors note.

Edited by left field
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

aww bummer i'm going to miss you buy a few hours then. I am a little nervous about the side effects on round 2. Not gonna lie.

Me too, but I think it hits you next day.  Yesterday, I was told to drink lots and lots of fluids, day before, day of, and day after.  Including gatorade, etc.  (not beer dammit)  It seems to help, but my sister had her second shot a month ago and was down and out for a full 24 hours.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, left field said:

^^ This is what my friends are doing. I agree that they should have a list of elderly on hand.

The questionnaire seems to be a bit of a joke. If you tick asthma I doubt they're asking for a doctors note.

i printed out my mycare sheet, they asked me verbally but only glanced at the paperwork. If you asthma, you should have an inhaler and a doctor that has that info on your file. It's not hard to back up your claim, but for sure it's easy to fake. Hopefully people are being decent through this, but we all know that people suck.

My sister in law got shot because she works for County.  She has zero interface with public.  She's an office worker.  I'm not too happy with her but It just one more thing she did to make me feel that way.  Seems to me politics help that though.

Still can't figure out why her job in her capacity was a qualifier by everything I see documented

My wife is getting shot as she's in remission for cancer.  They are asking for all sorts of proof for that.  Which isn't that hard to come by.  Just her daily medications could prove that but we have much better documentation.  

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

This is what I went by , no health issues ,young, not qualified workers . If they all got last minute shots that would otherwise have been tossed , that’s a good use of resources , under what’s apparently a very flawed system . If CVS has regular no shows, one would think they’d have a stand by list of old folks and those with  comorbidites . No show at 10 AM call the guy on the top of the list ,tell him to, arrive just before 6 , I mean if the goal is truly to get it into the arms of those most at risk and all .

A lot of places are also finding that the no shows are people that were double booked.  They booked for a place and then found another that was doing it sooner.  And then they didn't cancel.  People shouldn't do this but a lot of people esp seniors want to feel like they can see family and get out again when they have been afraid to for a year.  So they take the first one open. 

A lot of places are also finding that the no shows are people that were double booked.  They booked for a place and then found another that was doing it sooner.  And then they didn't cancel.  People shouldn't do this but a lot of people esp seniors want to feel like they can see family and get out again when they have been afraid to for a year.  So they take the first one open. 

I get it but mentioned before that we kept a few for my mother because appointments were also being cancelled. Now that she’s done and feeling good, her back-up appointments were cancelled and I assume released to be booked again.
So sad that we all can figure out how to do this but “they” can’t or won’t or are hindered by red tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hueyjazz said:

My sister in law got shot because she works for County.  She has zero interface with public.  She's an office worker.  I'm not too happy with her but It just one more thing she did to make me feel that way.  Seems to me politics help that though.

Still can't figure out why her job in her capacity was a qualifier by everything I see documented

My wife is getting shot as she's in remission for cancer.  They are asking for all sorts of proof for that.  Which isn't that hard to come by.  Just her daily medications could prove that but we have much better documentation.  

they barely looked or cared about my "proof", but I understand and agree with your point.

4 hours ago, Otto said:

Me too, but I think it hits you next day.  Yesterday, I was told to drink lots and lots of fluids, day before, day of, and day after.  Including gatorade, etc.  (not beer dammit)  It seems to help, but my sister had her second shot a month ago and was down and out for a full 24 hours.  

The side effects are the same as any other vaccine.  Had my second shingles shot last week.  Felt like crap with arm pain, slight fever, shivering, headache all night long.  Did not sleep well.  None of this is unique to the COVID vaccine and tells you it is doing it's job. 

When I got up in the morning, told my wife that I am definitely never getting shingles.  That vaccine worked! 

When I'm eligible to get the vaccine, I'll gladly take a short burst of immune cytokines and the effects they produce (symptoms above) to have the peace of mind of not being hospitalized or die from COVID.  

And, I'll take whatever is available.  Everything with EUA (Pfizer, JNJ and Moderna) is remarkably effective as far as vaccines go.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hueyjazz said:

My Sister has annoyed the crap outta me in the last couple years. I'm actually using this pandemic thing to avoid going to see her. 

4 hours ago, greg54 said:

Scheduled for the J&J shot next Tues.

I’m getting it Monday am 

Half thinking of canceling ,, I’m 61 in decent health , I run 6 miles a day and I bike 20 miles in days I don’t run.

I do have a stent in my heart from 10 years ago and never had a heart attack ..

I never get sick even a cold ..so I’m thinking do they even know long term side effects of the vaccine ??

Should I just take my chances ??

Everyone I know that had it had very mild symptoms for a few days and that was it