Vaccination

5 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I’m getting it Monday am 

Half thinking of canceling ,, I’m 61 in decent health , I run 6 miles a day and I bike 20 miles in days I don’t run.

I do have a stent in my heart from 10 years ago and never had a heart attack ..

I never get sick even a cold ..so I’m thinking do they even know long term side effects of the vaccine ??

Should I just take my chances ??

Everyone I know that had it had very mild symptoms for a few days and that was it 

I’d consult with a doctor before asking the internet for opinions on this matter.   Not trying to come off as a smart@ss.  If you were my family I would tell you to speak with your Dr for advice.  Good luck!  Got my first shot and i felt fine.  Im 38 and had covid.  Close friend who is 70 and had covid got the shot asap.   He felt he didn't know if he would recover from covid again if he got it a second time.  Thats how hard it hit him.  He is in very good shape. 

Edited by diplomat019

18 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

I’d consult with a doctor before asking the internet for opinions on this matter.   Not trying to come off as a smart@ss.  If you were my family I would tell you to speak with your Dr for advice.  Good luck!  Got my first shot and i felt fine.  Im 38 and had covid.  Close friend who is 70 and had covid got the shot asap.   He felt he didn't know if he would recover from covid again if he got it a second time.  Thats how hard it hit him.  He is in very good shape. 

Yea I asked my cardiologist and he won’t say either way ...his nurse got hers ..

He said it’s up to me either way ..ugggg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Also those I know that had it had mild if any symptoms 

• Like 1

You are comparing apples and oranges with your graphic on masks. It's like comparing the buck take during bow versus during gun and saying that the weapon is the reason, without considering maybe there's just more people in the woods. The second surge has historically been worse than the first in pandemics. There are some statistics that suggest masks aren't as great as folks claim, but that's not one of them.

Onto the topic of this thread: vaccines. Over a month ago, someone reported that several close friends ended up in the ICU from the vaccine. I tried to follow up on that, with no success. I also dived into the adverse reactions database to look for actual reported cases of adverse reactions requiring hospitalization, but consistent with my observations, there doesn't seem to be a significant impact beyond a day or mild myalgia or cold symptoms or a headache. 

Does anyone have personal knowledge of a bona fide vaccine reaction with a severe adverse outcome? Please, no internet rumors or woman who had to have her appendix removed type stories. I'm honestly intrigued. With all of the vaccine concern, it's been long enough and enough folks through the pipeline that we should be able to put fears of short-term consequences at least to bed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, knehrke said:

You are comparing apples and oranges with your graphic on masks. It's like comparing the buck take during bow versus during gun and saying that the weapon is the reason, without considering maybe there's just more people in the woods. The second surge has historically been worse than the first in pandemics. There are some statistics that suggest masks aren't as great as folks claim, but that's not one of them.

Onto the topic of this thread: vaccines. Over a month ago, someone reported that several close friends ended up in the ICU from the vaccine. I tried to follow up on that, with no success. I also dived into the adverse reactions database to look for actual reported cases of adverse reactions requiring hospitalization, but consistent with my observations, there doesn't seem to be a significant impact beyond a day or mild myalgia or cold symptoms or a headache. 

Does anyone have personal knowledge of a bona fide vaccine reaction with a severe adverse outcome? Please, no internet rumors or woman who had to have her appendix removed type stories. I'm honestly intrigued. With all of the vaccine concern, it's been long enough and enough folks through the pipeline that we should be able to put fears of short-term consequences at least to bed.

I dont know anybody personally who has received the vaccine , nobody in my personal life I should say.

This thread demonstrates how embarrassingly unprepared the US was to administer a vaccine efficiently. This isn't a Biden or Trump issue. We've had several pandemic scares in recent history. Maybe the storage requirements of these were unforeseen and that's the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

My mother in law has Alzheimer's and seem to have taken a terrible turn for the worse since she got the vaccine. My wife is convinced it's related. Her father and my mother, sister, and BIL all have had both with no issues. As has my boss and neighbor. I know too many people to list that have had both with no issues aside from the second shot's 12-24 hour discomfort. I'm approved to get it for a couple really minor reasons but haven't sought one out yet

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

This thread demonstrates how embarrassingly unprepared the US was to administer a vaccine efficiently. This isn't a Biden or Trump issue. We've had several pandemic scares in recent history. Maybe the storage requirements of these were unforeseen and that's the problem?

they should have turned the whole operation over to Amazon.  What has the govt ever taken over thats worked out well?  lol They cant get out of their own way.  And if they did give it to Amazon they should spring for Prime.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

they should have turned the whole operation over to Amazon.  What has the govt ever taken over thats worked out well?  lol They cant get out of their own way.  And if they did give it to Amazon they should spring for Prime.

Great point , we give the government too much control and certainly way too much credit .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, luberhill said:

I’m getting it Monday am 

Half thinking of canceling ,, I’m 61 in decent health , I run 6 miles a day and I bike 20 miles in days I don’t run.

I do have a stent in my heart from 10 years ago and never had a heart attack ..

I never get sick even a cold ..so I’m thinking do they even know long term side effects of the vaccine ??

Should I just take my chances ??

Everyone I know that had it had very mild symptoms for a few days and that was it 

i had a little soreness from the first shot. A little worse than the flu shot but similar. I've heard many that have done well with the second shot and I would say if your immune system is as good as you say, then you shouldn't be worried. The card alone is a good idea. Like it or not, that card is going to be very valuable in the future if you want to do certain things. Especially with the dems in charge.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

And money!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

Im curious how much more we pay in taxes to cover the incompetence of the government ,it has to be at least 20x what we actually need .

10 minutes ago, Belo said:

i had a little soreness from the first shot. A little worse than the flu shot but similar. I've heard many that have done well with the second shot and I would say if your immune system is as good as you say, then you shouldn't be worried. The card alone is a good idea. Like it or not, that card is going to be very valuable in the future if you want to do certain things. Especially with the dems in charge.

It's funny because you can vote without proper ID but they'll dangle a stupid card in front of everyone who seeks to act like an adult.

1 minute ago, Four Seasons said:

Has anyone givin thought to long term issues?  Some documents show the vaccine used cells from abortion and fetus use. I hear the J&J is like the flu shot and has egg use so some folks won’t be able to take that shot. So many unknowns. 

How long term could it possibly have been studied?

15 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

It's funny because you can vote without proper ID but they'll dangle a stupid card in front of everyone who seeks to act like an adult.

ThATs RacIst to ReqUIRe ID tho!!!! 

how's it racist?

alLL Black PEOPle Are PooR and DON't haVE onE!

Oh and I'm racist?

lol

Just now, Belo said:

ThATs RacIst to ReqUIRe ID tho!!!! 

how's it racist?

alLL Black PEOPle Are PooR and DON't haVE onE!

Oh and I'm racist?

lol

The president said minorities are not smart enough to use a computer ,it doesnt get much more racist then our own commander and chief.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Has anyone givin thought to long term issues?  Some documents show the vaccine used cells from abortion and fetus use. I hear the J&J is like the flu shot and has egg use so some folks won’t be able to take that shot. So many unknowns. 

I think it is the other way around - The J&J shot used fetal tissue, so the US Bishops suggested that Catholics avoid that shot on a moral basis.  The other shots - IDK what they were based on but the Bishops were ok with those. 

Im curious how much more we pay in taxes to cover the incompetence of the government ,it has to be at least 20x what we actually need .
That's probably a gross underestimation

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

The president said minorities are not smart enough to use a computer ,it doesnt get much more racist then our own commander and chief.

Ummm...being smart enough versus having access are two very different things. 

I'm concerned about TCIII's mother-in-law with Alzheimers. There has been very little data on AZ patients receiving the vaccine. You can self-report side effects to the adverse reaction database, and I would encourage you to do so. It's possible that this is a complication that was unforeseen. Hopefully though it's just a blip in the radar, given that AZ patients tend to be impacted disproportionately by stress in general. 

3 hours ago, Otto said:

I think it is the other way around - The J&J shot used fetal tissue, so the US Bishops suggested that Catholics avoid that shot on a moral basis.  The other shots - IDK what they were based on but the Bishops were ok with those. 

Nope. JJ is egg based like the normal flu shot.  They actually say the other two shits can alter your own dna because of the using of cells from fetus use. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

And they say you can buy a card on the black market to look like you had your shots?    Is that racist now...Black Market?