Vaccination

2 hours ago, knehrke said:

Ummm...being smart enough versus having access are two very different things. 

I'm concerned about TCIII's mother-in-law with Alzheimers. There has been very little data on AZ patients receiving the vaccine. You can self-report side effects to the adverse reaction database, and I would encourage you to do so. It's possible that this is a complication that was unforeseen. Hopefully though it's just a blip in the radar, given that AZ patients tend to be impacted disproportionately by stress in 

I just watched the video again ,he did not say they didnt have access ,he said they dont know how to get online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

Nope. JJ is egg based like the normal flu shot.  They actually say the other two shits can alter your own dna because of the using of cells from fetus use. 

yeah last night I thought I was a chicken. I started clucking around the house pecking for food and my wife called me a cock so it must be true.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

Nope. JJ is egg based like the normal flu shot.  They actually say the other two shits can alter your own dna because of the using of cells from fetus use. 

The J And J DOES use aborted fetus ,I’m getting it Monday 

The J And J DOES use aborted fetus ,I’m getting it Monday 
It's using cloned cells from an aborted baby from I believe the 70s

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

9 hours ago, knehrke said:

You are comparing apples and oranges with your graphic on masks. It's like comparing the buck take during bow versus during gun and saying that the weapon is the reason, without considering maybe there's just more people in the woods. The second surge has historically been worse than the first in pandemics. There are some statistics that suggest masks aren't as great as folks claim, but that's not one of them.

Onto the topic of this thread: vaccines. Over a month ago, someone reported that several close friends ended up in the ICU from the vaccine. I tried to follow up on that, with no success. I also dived into the adverse reactions database to look for actual reported cases of adverse reactions requiring hospitalization, but consistent with my observations, there doesn't seem to be a significant impact beyond a day or mild myalgia or cold symptoms or a headache. 

Does anyone have personal knowledge of a bona fide vaccine reaction with a severe adverse outcome? Please, no internet rumors or woman who had to have her appendix removed type stories. I'm honestly intrigued. With all of the vaccine concern, it's been long enough and enough folks through the pipeline that we should be able to put fears of short-term consequences at least to bed.

I don't know if this is a severe side effect but perhaps more than normal. A friend in his 50's after the second shot was suffering from exhaustion. Always tired and no energy for over a week. He called into work a couple of day's just because he did not have the energy to even go to work. He ended up going to his doctor and getting a prescription for a steroid to help. Around the 2 week mark and after the steroid he started to return to normal. 

Just thought I would share because you are generally interested and level headed.  

9 hours ago, knehrke said:

You are comparing apples and oranges with your graphic on masks. It's like comparing the buck take during bow versus during gun and saying that the weapon is the reason, without considering maybe there's just more people in the woods. The second surge has historically been worse than the first in pandemics. There are some statistics that suggest masks aren't as great as folks claim, but that's not one of them.

Onto the topic of this thread: vaccines. Over a month ago, someone reported that several close friends ended up in the ICU from the vaccine. I tried to follow up on that, with no success. I also dived into the adverse reactions database to look for actual reported cases of adverse reactions requiring hospitalization, but consistent with my observations, there doesn't seem to be a significant impact beyond a day or mild myalgia or cold symptoms or a headache. 

Does anyone have personal knowledge of a bona fide vaccine reaction with a severe adverse outcome? Please, no internet rumors or woman who had to have her appendix removed type stories. I'm honestly intrigued. With all of the vaccine concern, it's been long enough and enough folks through the pipeline that we should be able to put fears of short-term consequences at least to bed.

My mother got her first shot about 5-6 weeks ago. 5 days later she was in the hospital with Afib. spent 5 days in the hospital and came home on oxygen. She had COPD as well as a touch of pneumonia and this put a lot of strain on her heart. A week later she went back to the ER and passed two days later, which was about two weeks ago.

She had other issues so the shot did not kill her but I will always wonder if the shot triggered her system to work harder thus causing the Afib and basically just advancing what was likely to happen over time.

So my caution would be if you have other health issues make an informed decision with your doctors.

A lot of my family has gotten the shots, teachers and such. My wife is getting hers now. I will not be eligible for a while but will get mine.

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

It's using cloned cells from an aborted baby from I believe the 70s

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I would guess a whole lot of different medicines have been developed using those cloned cells. They are used widely across the medical field. There are plenty of articles out there. Its not like they were killing babies to make medicine.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

I knew it was over 30 years ago. Couldn't remember the exact date.1985 makes sense.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Yeah,definitely before you were born,haha.

So sorry [mention]Fletch [/mention]

As a teacher whose sister is also a teacher and I have two sister in laws who are nurses I know DOZENS of people who have received the shot (both). I know of no one who has had worse side effects than “really tired and needed a nap” 24 hours after getting the shot.
Thankfully, My mother and all of her friends have also received the shot with the same reaction.
Unfortunately one of our priests passed away last week (70 years old) after testing positive 4 weeks ago....no vaccine available for him- religious were not deemed worthy of round 1 or 2 of the eligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Otto said:

Oh,  You must mean use just like the other 2 vaccines.  They say no fetus used yet they had to use the tissue to get the cells to grow. 

74898970-B21A-4E91-8A48-CDFEA7A28004.png

The best I could do was get an appointment for April 8 at 1:15 pm at the Dome Arena . What a bunch of crap to have to go through to get the appointment . If I could type faster , I could have gotten the appointment a week earlier .

Fletch, my condolences on your mother passing. Like you, I would wonder whether the vaccine exacerbated her existing issues. I am sorry for your loss.

Moho81, I've heard from a couple of folks now who've had persistent fatigue and/or a three-day headache. It's the vast minority, but more than simple chance. And I have no clue as to the trigger. Generally healthy folks in their 40s and 50s, but again, anecdotal evidence. Thanks for sharing.

FastEddie - yep. The rollout system in this state has been atrocious. I spent five hours trying to get my Mom an appointment when she became eligible. My buddy who had the heart transplant used the cancellation hotline to get an appointment the next day, but he had to go to Buffalo.

And it doesn't have to be like this. A colleague of mine at UAB developed an app that they use down there where you can get notified immediately of a slot opening in your preferred region, or if they have excess vaccine available that would go to waste otherwise - you hit a button and get there in 30 minutes, or your shot is given to the next available. I also heard through the grapevine that Jersey had a list of the first ten million recipients ready to go well in advance of their getting the vaccine. After all, they did have months to prepare, right? That seems reasonable.

As usual, NY will muddle through this thing. Keep the faith. This is the endgame.

• Like 1

For what it's worth everyone is different and will react differently. My hunting buddy and I are both 69 years old. He got his first shot of the Pfizer vaccine before me. He told me that later that day it felt like his arm got hit with a sledge hammer. He told me the next day he had a slight fever and a headache along with the chills. I got the same shot yesterday morning. My arm is very mildly sore at the injection site and I have no other side effects whatsoever and I feel great. Do not base your decision to get vaccinated on what other people have experienced and don't be afraid to get vaccinated. I hope everyone gets vaccinated and avoids getting covid.       valoroutdoors.com 

vaccinatestickerhero01.jpg

Edited by CharlieNY
  • Like 1