Vaccination

With the vaccine being in relatively short supply and appointments tricky to manage, I agree that there is no pressing concern for healthy young folks - nevertheless, from the perspective of societal benefit, it will be important to get as many as possible vaccinated ASAP once our most at-risk have been taken care of.

Less unvaccinated folks means less transmission means less mutation, but it takes a quorum to achieve that so-called "herd immunity".

I know it feels like we're guinea pigs. That's how population health works, though. I truly believe that we are emerging from the worst of it.

• Like 2

April 6 any NYers 16 or older can get vaccine.

Now the cases will rise,
Because people their invisible like how cases are rising now?

New variants constantly emerging and outdating the vaccines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Glad I got both shots...got 2nd Pfizer last Sat., Thank God no problems whatsoever.  After seeing one of my best friends, good health at 67, still working go through what he's going through now with the virus- I'm thankful for getting it.  He was in the hospital for 10 days and very sick.  Thank God he finally got home and is starting to improve.

• Like 4

Got my 2nd shot last Saturday. I was perfectly fine for ~16hrs afterwards. Then, developed a mild headache (3/10) and felt tired and exhausted for the next 12hrs, much of which I slept through anyways, but was back to 100% after that. No biggie!

• Like 1

Got mine . Can't move my arm  and a headache to boot with it . Much ice and heat on my arm and Tylenol.   Not looking forward to next shot

Did you get Pfizer? Most people I know that got Pfizer including myself had it worse on the first shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

My Sister got her first shot yesterday  in NYC. Today- she was exhausted  and sore.

My 86 year old Mother gets her 2 d shot April 5th.

I will wait till early Summer, I  think.

Meantime- 100mg of Zinc everyday and plenty of powdered Ginger in my daily Yogurt.

The recommended daily amount of zinc is 8 milligrams (mg) for women and 11 mg for adult men. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackbeltbill said:

My Sister got her first shot yesterday  in NYC. Today- she was exhausted  and sore.

My 86 year old Mother gets her 2 d shot April 5th.

I will wait till early Summer, I  think.

Meantime- 100mg of Zinc everyday and plenty of powdered Ginger in my daily Yogurt.

Nothing beats Ginger and Honey in plain ole' yogurt!! I had that with a handful of nuts mixed in for dessert this evening, Yum, yum.

I will second Chef that most I know did worse on the first Pfizer shot, but their booster was uneventful. Except for the 20-25% that had muscle pain and headaches. But even those generally disappeared fairly quickly. Hopefully those neck pains Phade has will go away soon, too.

Now, I ask you this: how do I get rid of the headaches caused by the job, the government, the daughter, and the self-imposed ones from being an idiot too often? A recent allergy to alcohol doesn't make me like beer any less. Or Glenlivet for that matter...

46 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

OH NO!!

Seriously- Zinc is very important  to the older Man as it increases your Testosterone  Level. And that equals more energy and a more robust immune  system. Also important  because a healthy Prostate needs adequate  Zinc. 

I'm doing 20 a day ,10 single and 10 from my multi.

• Like 1

I was supposed to get my first pfiizer but they couldn't get my second appointment scheduled around my trip, so I had to get a new appointment for this coming Friday and it will be the Moderna.  At least I am getting it this week.  After the 30 and over crowd are eligible, good luck getting an appointment.

48 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

I was supposed to get my first pfiizer but they couldn't get my second appointment scheduled around my trip, so I had to get a new appointment for this coming Friday and it will be the Moderna.  At least I am getting it this week.  After the 30 and over crowd are eligible, good luck getting an appointment.

Every time a new accuser comes forward they lower the age for the vaccine . 

• Like 5