Vaccination

1 minute ago, outdoorstom said:

Slippery slope. I'm sure it'll be a hot topic. You voluntarily work at an employer, you're not forced to do anything. It's also their place of employment, too. 

7 minutes ago, phade said:

Slippery slope. I'm sure it'll be a hot topic. You voluntarily work at an employer, you're not forced to do anything. It's also their place of employment, too. 

If you’re told to take an experimental drug or lose your livelihood, you’re definitely being forced to make a decision....do I stay so I can support my family, or do I lose seniority by starting a new job, possibly making less money?

This will get interesting, surely the first of many!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, outdoorstom said:

If you’re told to take an experimental drug or lose your livelihood, you’re definitely being forced to make a decision....do I stay so I can support my family, or do I lose seniority by starting a new job, possibly making less money?

There is a difference between making a decision and being forced. If you don't agree, simply separate from the employer. Your worries about family are added into the decision you make. But, it is YOUR decision. Just like it is their decision to separate you if you choose not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, outdoorstom said:

Many years ago, I worked for a company that moved it's operations to Washington DC.  I was forced to make a decision.  Either I change my life and moved to DC or I leave the company and stay in NY.  They forced me to make a decision.  I'm suing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elmo said:

Many years ago, I worked for a company that moved it's operations to Washington DC.  I was forced to make a decision.  Either I change my life and moved to DC or I leave the company and stay in NY.  They forced me to make a decision.  I'm suing.

I'd be interested in what the basis of your suit would be?  NY is an "at will" state, so unless they terminated your employment for a protected class, what can you do?

34 minutes ago, Otto said:

I'd be interested in what the basis of your suit would be?  NY is an "at will" state, so unless they terminated your employment for a protected class, what can you do?

I think he's proclaiming a parable that someone might relate to a little more.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Elmo said:

How is being told to take an experimental drug or get fired anything like your example??

8 hours ago, phade said:

It's also my medical records which they have no reason to be looking into. It will be interesting for sure.

Edited by Jeremy K

This will get interesting, surely the first of many!

Your employer will be on of the first to enforce it.... if I had to make a educated guess

But still wear a mask ? 

For now... it’s just easier than having to produce your vaccine card to not wear one...

What I don’t get is it really isn’t a big deal.. if me wearing a mask over the past year potentially saved one life then it was worth it..... if not it really wasn’t a major inconvenience. As cases begin to decline due to the rate of vaccination im sure masks will go away

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chef said:

For now... it’s just easier than having to produce your vaccine card to not wear one...

What I don’t get is it really isn’t a big deal.. if me wearing a mask over the past year potentially saved one life then it was worth it..... if not it really wasn’t a major inconvenience. As cases begin to decline due to the rate of vaccination im sure masks will go away

It's baffles me that states who loosened up their restrictions are doing better then states who are still pushing for them. 

• Like 1