Vaccination

It's baffles me that states who loosened up their restrictions are doing better then states who are still pushing for them. 

So some of that can be explained.... first of the rate of testing in the states with restrictions is higher so you find more of the asymptotic cases. A lot of the states that opened are in warmer climates.... look at what happened to cases in NY last summer.

In the last 7 days Florida had around 36k new covid cases yesterday Florida test 60k people 10% positive

NY had 63k. Ny tested 152k people yesterday 4.2% positive

It’s simple math it’s not as good as it seems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

So some of that can be explained.... first of the rate of testing in the states with restrictions is higher so you find more of the asymptotic cases. A lot of the states that opened are in warmer climates.... look at what happened to cases in NY last summer.

In the last 7 days Florida had around 36k new covid cases yesterday Florida test 60k people 10% positive

We should probably keep this short since you and I found out a while ago we have very different takes on the virus . I remember last year the numbers were about deaths and hospitalizations now just a simple positive case makes the news .

• Like 2

Got my first Pfizer shot on Saturday. Other than a sore shoulder, no side effects. I am 47 and a little overweight. Other qualifications allowed me to get the shot and I got it. Don't care about other people's opinions and I'm sure others don't care about mine. All I will say is I feel better I can help protect family members, friends and myself.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chef said:

Now throw the number of people in Florida and in Ny. If it was bad people would be in hospital and dead. Not one case in our hospital at the moment and death is few and far between. It’s not as bad as some would like you to think it is. 

• Like 1

For now... it’s just easier than having to produce your vaccine card to not wear one...

What I don’t get is it really isn’t a big deal.. if me wearing a mask over the past year potentially saved one life then it was worth it..... if not it really wasn’t a major inconvenience. As cases begin to decline due to the rate of vaccination im sure masks will go away

Not worth it, I’m still not comfortable wearing a mask. If you’re worried you can wear one I have zero worries I shouldn’t have to wear one!

• Like 2

Who cares about people having this crap that don’t even know it? This stuff still baffles me. It’s the exact reason why I’m still not vaccinated!

Not worth it, I’m still not comfortable wearing a mask. If you’re worried you can wear one I have zero worries I shouldn’t have to wear one!

It’s not all about you and your worry it’s about facts and science

Who cares about people having this crap that don’t even know it? This stuff still baffles me. It’s the exact reason why I’m still not vaccinated!

People who have it and don’t know it spread it ... not rocket science

I hope you’re wrong but if so I’ll have a very difficult decision to make.

You hope I’m wrong but probably agree I’m right

3 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

You can add shit in like this that will make me carry on life as normal. 

51217BCB-309D-48C8-BEDE-10F1ADFA638F.png

• Like 1

I understand that but what percentage has it doesn’t know it and never gets tested? I think the tested number is so small that it doesn’t amount to anything!

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

It’s not all about you and your worry it’s about facts and science

Facts and science?  Now which one should we believe?  The no mask? 1 mask? 2 mask?  Of science that showed the younger aged people carried little to no worry of this shit.....until now that all the old folks are vaccinated and not dead?  The science changes when their agenda changes and it takes a special kind of fool to not see that. 

• Like 5

Got a call from my daughter that she was diagnosed with Covid 19 today......she is 23 years old and has an apartment with a couple friends.  Hopefully she handles it well......

Good luck. Hydration is key!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Why don't the people who are scared or high risk stay inside until the coast is clear? It's really no different then asking the people who don't want the vaccine to get it.  I'm not a crazy conspiracy guy but the best thing the government can hope for is the people to be at war with each other ,this covid BS has driven a wedge between groups of people like nothing i have ever seen in my lifetime. Look at you I and for example ,i think you're a great dude and i would have no problem having drinks with you again ,we could easily argue our point of view on all this til the cows come home and still never see eye to eye on it. 

Why don't the people who are scared or high risk stay inside until the coast is clear? It's really no different then asking the people who don't want the vaccine to get it.  I'm not a crazy conspiracy guy but the best thing the government can hope for is the people to be at war with each other ,this covid BS has driven a wedge between groups of people like nothing i have ever seen in my lifetime. Look at you I and for example ,i think you're a great dude and i would have no problem having drinks with you again ,we could easily argue our point of view on all this til the cows come home and still never see eye to eye on it. 

It is not covid that drove a wedge it’s politicians. I hate to say it but even Trump got the vaccine in secret because it didn’t fit his narrative.

As for you and I this is just talk on the internet. I don’t anticipate anything changing next time I see you in person. Our views on 90% of things aren’t all that different. If we all only hung out with people who have the same views as us the world would be a very sad place....

Tommy and I may need your help with photo shop for some guy with a really gay looking Mustache

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

You got it. Many of my best friends have different views on COVID and masking than me. We are still good friends. Differences of opinion shouldn't make folks enemies. The good Lord knows we have enough of those already.

Over the past week, we've had two colleagues, married, go down with COVID. One was on death's door, the other lost her senses of taste and smell. The later tested negative three times during her husband's convalescence prior to testing positive, despite living in the same house. Go figure.

There's still so much that we don't understand about this thing - and I expect that is why some folks have the opinion that scientists can't make up their mind, can't get it right, and keep changing their tune. The think that they're forgetting is that Science isn't afraid to admit it was wrong. New data emerges, models are updated, and, viola, guidance changes. Scientific method is a process, not an endpoint, and its power lies in its predictive power. 

I see it as a credit to our great country's oversight and transparency that we can identify problems before they impact public heath, like quality control or manufacturing issues. Other countries may have been less forthcoming.

Finally, I don't think asking people who are concerned (I will avoid the word scared, as I think that fear can be conquering by education) to remain isolated is a feasible option. It's one thing for folks to avoid an activity because they are concerned about self-harm, but another if they are concerned about someone else's harming them. IMHO, reasonable limits are set by society to alleviate this potential - nobody should have to avoid driving because they're afraid that some yahoo going 90 mph is going to side swipe them - that's why we have speed limits (lol). The key word is reasonable. Masks are reasonable to some, but not to others. Social distancing: heck, even our president likes to get a bit too close (more lol). But there are so many folks who are vulnerable, and many of the oldest need assistance. 

Anyway, I get the sentiment, but in practice it is not that simple. What is, though?

My wife and I have had both Pfizer Shots now and when we finally go out to dinner with friends now ( People whom have been Vaccinated ) we'll be very comfortable ! Yup we're still going to wear masks at the supermarket and whatever store we go into . The point is we feel safer right now , if we catch Covid 19 we'll probably live through it and that's all that matters ! Did we have to get the shots... of course not !

• Like 2

23 hours ago, outdoorstom said:

How is being told to take an experimental drug or get fired anything like your example??

Company is asking you to do something.  You either do it or you find another job.  Same.  They're not asking you to do something that the government at the moment deems illegal (sexual harassments, felony activity, etc.)