Vaccination

#1. Those at risk and should stay home and let the healthy people go about their business.  This is keeps the virus around as it's being passed back and forth like a hot potato.  This is how variants mutate.

#2. Cases rise despite vaccine roll out.  This is because vaccine has been rolled out.  Restrictions has been relaxed and people immediately throw caution to the wind like there's no tomorrow.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Company is asking you to do something.  You either do it or you find another job.  Same.  They're not asking you to do something that the government at the moment deems illegal (sexual harassments, felony activity, etc.)

Not the same. A company making you take a EXPERIMENTAL vaccine is just wrong. 

3 hours ago, Elmo said:

#1. Those at risk and should stay home and let the healthy people go about their business.  This is keeps the virus around as it's being passed back and forth like a hot potato.  This is how variants mutate.

#2. Cases rise despite vaccine roll out.  This is because vaccine has been rolled out.  Restrictions has been relaxed and people immediately throw caution to the wind like there's no tomorrow.

Deaths and hospitalizations are nowhere near in line with positive cases last year.  They're hanging on to what little ammo they have left . 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 7:49 PM, Lawdwaz said:

Got a call from my daughter that she was diagnosed with Covid 19 today......she is 23 years old and has an apartment with a couple friends.  Hopefully she handles it well......

And today a good friend tested positive for Covid 19.  He thinks he got infected Saturday night or Sunday from a group of friends he was with, turns out two others in his group also are also positive.  Oh and, he rode in my truck for 30 minutes Saturday afternoon......... :(

Hopefully tomorrow doesn't bring anymore of this crap and my daughter and friend get through this PDQ.

And today a good friend tested positive for Covid 19.  He thinks he got infected Saturday night or Sunday from a group of friends he was with, turns out two others in his group also are also positive.  Oh and, he rode in my truck for 30 minutes Saturday afternoon.........
Hopefully tomorrow doesn't bring anymore of this crap and my daughter and friend get through this PDQ.

How far into you vaccine cycle are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

And today a good friend tested positive for Covid 19.  He thinks he got infected Saturday night or Sunday from a group of friends he was with, turns out two others in his group also are also positive.  Oh and, he rode in my truck for 30 minutes Saturday afternoon......... :(

Maybe he got it from someone Saturday afternoon.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

If you were properly social distancing, he should have rode in back. Tacoma bed is 6 foot, no?

Hope the kid is ok.

6' yes.......I pleaded with him to GTFO of the cab and he said nope. 

Sadly he had the opportunity to get the vaccine as soon as it was available due to working in the maintenance/management of a local medical building but declined.

14 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

db1df9f7465d35e8b4ae888d2f312ff3.jpg

Funny meme, but veterans know how to duck when the bullets start flying, too. And they'd laugh even harder at anyone who refused to use appropriate PPE - "no thanks, I don't do Kevlar". And finally, it goes without even saying that the war on COVID is not an actual war, where folks are expected to put their lives on the line (with the exception of front line workers - thank you!!). Still a funny meme, though.

Funny meme, but veterans know how to duck when the bullets start flying, too. And they'd laugh even harder at anyone who refused to use appropriate PPE - "no thanks, I don't do Kevlar". And finally, it goes without even saying that the war on COVID is not an actual war, where folks are expected to put their lives on the line (with the exception of front line workers - thank you!!). Still a funny meme, though.

On the Ppe thing, you and I know different veterans.

Most I know that actually saw combat, myself included are quite permanently in the “f**k gotta die someday” club.

13 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

On the Ppe thing, you and I know different veterans.

Most I know that actually saw combat, myself included are quite permanently in the “f**k gotta die someday” club.

My buddy was in Afghanistan ,he's in the same boat as you . He has to fly to Georgia in 2 weeks and is pissed off he has to wear a mask in the airport and on the plane.  

• Like 1

Realized I never followed up on my 2nd shot. I received my phizer at the NYS fair 2 Wednesdays ago at 1pm. I drank a shit ton of water the day before and day of. Felt fine the whole day and most of the next. Now I had back to back meetings for about 7 hours so that may have some impact on it, but around 4pm I hit an energy wall. No chills, no shakes or headaches just energy drain. Not lay on the couch energy drain but not excited to do or think much. Woke up on Friday and felt good as new.

I have a business trip to Chicago in 2 weeks and another the last week in April. I haven't flown since march of 2020 and I've never been so excited haha!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Belo said:

Realized I never followed up on my 2nd shot. I received my phizer at the NYS fair 2 Wednesdays ago at 1pm. I drank a shit ton of water the day before and day of. Felt fine the whole day and most of the next. Now I had back to back meetings for about 7 hours so that may have some impact on it, but around 4pm I hit an energy wall. No chills, no shakes or headaches just energy drain. Not lay on the couch energy drain but not excited to do or think much. Woke up on Friday and felt good as new.

I have a business trip to Chicago in 2 weeks and another the last week in April. I haven't flown since march of 2020 and I've never been so excited haha!

Im going to Raleigh Tuesday, gotta blow the dust off the luggage! First flight since January 2020. Im getting my second Pfizer on 4/12 and headed to Florida 4/15 so im hoping all side effects are done by then

• Like 1

Im going to Raleigh Tuesday, gotta blow the dust off the luggage! First flight since January 2020. Im getting my second Pfizer on 4/12 and headed to Florida 4/15 so im hoping all side effects are done by then

Dam I wish I knew.... I was asked my a client last week if I wanted to come down to Raleigh Monday Tuesday of next week to tour his new location and declined because I had something on the books already in CT.... I would have rescheduled

• Like 1