Vaccination

2 hours ago, Chef said:

Dam I wish I knew.... I was asked my a client last week if I wanted to come down to Raleigh Monday Tuesday of next week to tour his new location and declined because I had something on the books already in CT.... I would have rescheduled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you still need a 3rd forum member to make it a GTG. That's why i rarely mention the time i had a beer with @The_Real_TCIII at the Chicago airport

• Like 1

I'm still a few weeks away from second shot, but our company is MILES away from allowing or encouraging travel still. I'm surprised quite frankly. I'd be on a plane in a second after now having gone a year without a flight for the first time since I was in college. I've got EEs in PHX and Tampa/STP that I haven't see since Feb '20 (not counting virtual).

Heading to SC in June for personal, but flying nonetheless. I have no idea when I'll travel again for work - and usually I hear groundswell info with my role. Nada.

4 hours ago, Belo said:

Realized I never followed up on my 2nd shot. I received my phizer at the NYS fair 2 Wednesdays ago at 1pm. I drank a shit ton of water the day before and day of. Felt fine the whole day and most of the next. Now I had back to back meetings for about 7 hours so that may have some impact on it, but around 4pm I hit an energy wall. No chills, no shakes or headaches just energy drain. Not lay on the couch energy drain but not excited to do or think much. Woke up on Friday and felt good as new.

I have a business trip to Chicago in 2 weeks and another the last week in April. I haven't flown since march of 2020 and I've never been so excited haha!

I hadn't flown since Feb 2020, but I had (4) flights 2 weeks ago, cross-country, and they were mostly pretty good.  The last leg, from Denver to Buffalo was a bit uncomfortable on the decent, probably because it was an older plane without good pressure control.  There was plenty of room however, with just 50 passengers on the 737.

Parking and getting thru security was a breeze, and service at all the airport eateries was great, thanks to lack of crowds.

Of the four flights, only the first leg home, from SanDiego to Denver, was remotely crowded with about 30 open seats.  I had A2 boarding position on both return legs.  I thought there would be an open middle seat next to me in the 3rd row, but as they were getting ready to pull away from the gate, there was a commotion up front. 

They opened the door, and a young woman boarded.  She looked to be about 20 years old, and took the middle seat. She asked me if it "felt hot in here",  and she adjusted the overhead airflow.  I aimed my air nozzle at her also, and she said thanks.

She was very scared on takeoff, covering her eyes with a bright pink neck pillow.  She relaxed once we got to altitude and fell asleep, leaning against me.  It was a short flight and she woke up about half way thru.  She complained about being hot again.  She removed her white half-shirt (she had a tan sports bra on under that).

That cooled her down, and she fell asleep leaning against me again.  Her skin felt very warm against mine.  She slept soundly until we touched down in Denver.  She was a bit disoriented and had some trouble locating her shirt.  When we got into the airport, I helped her find her gate for her St Louis flight.

There were about a dozen individuals at a table, all wearing desert camouflage,  near the exit at the  Buffalo airport.  They handed all the arriving passengers a clipboard with a NY state travellers form.  I filed out the  "essential" section on the back, and wrote down my home phone number.  No one has contacted me or left a message on my machine and it has been 2 weeks today.  I returned to work in WNY, the Monday after my Friday return.  Hopefully, our nation is just a little safer, as a result of my "essential" trip to the west coast.

20210402_142836.jpg

20210402_142807.jpg

20210402_142654.jpg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

Everyone I know who travels for pleasure has all along . Youngest daughters been to Calf, Utah and AZ, Conn. and is going to PR in a few weeks . Oldest has been to Colorado, Fla.,  Virginia and is currently in Boston for the weekend .

Everyone we know who winters in Fla, went , and those who, moved there have been coming back to visit all along .

Niece just went to her condo in SC. 

Friend went Elk hunting in Utah , and has been in FLA for the last few weeks , caught his first shark the other day ! 

A friend is visiting Hotlanta where the clubs are open ,packed and maskless .

• Like 1

I'm still a few weeks away from second shot, but our company is MILES away from allowing or encouraging travel still. I'm surprised quite frankly. I'd be on a plane in a second after now having gone a year without a flight for the first time since I was in college. I've got EEs in PHX and Tampa/STP that I haven't see since Feb '20 (not counting virtual).
Heading to SC in June for personal, but flying nonetheless. I have no idea when I'll travel again for work - and usually I hear groundswell info with my role. Nada.

I've been summoned to Washington state for facetime at the plant so I'll probably go first week of May. We (sales) were forbidden to come during the pandemic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I've been summoned to Washington state for facetime at the plant so I'll probably go first week of May. We (sales) were forbidden to come during the pandemic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you going there to get that assembly line straightened out finally?

• Like 1

I had no plans to fly in 2021 anyway with a baby regardless of covid, but my company dropped the international travel ban a couple of months ago. My Boss is in Aruba right now with her kids, and another coworker is in mexico, and one in the Galapagos. My brother has gone to cali and vegas a few times in 2020 and 2021 for pleasure. Everyone I talk to loves it. Same resort amenities and less crowds. if I didn't have a baby i'd be working from home in Scottsdale and/or the Caribbean during the winter months for sure. 

My wife flew to Cancun for a week, and our 2 girls to Miami for a week this winter, all for "pleasure".  They had to do the 2 week quarantine when they got back, and had to be tested before their return fight and after they got back.

I was feeling a little left out, not getting any time in the sun myself.   I was thankful  for the chance to squeeze in about a half a day of "pleasure" in the sun on my recent 5 day "essential" trip.  I finished the job a day early.  The boss wanted me to try and catch an earlier flight home.  Wouldn't you know it, there was not any seats left for that Thursday flight.  What was a guy to do ? I was even more thankful to evade all the test / quarantine bs.

20210402_170430.jpg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I had no plans to fly in 2021 anyway with a baby regardless of covid, but my company dropped the international travel ban a couple of months ago. My Boss is in Aruba right now with her kids, and another coworker is in mexico, and one in the Galapagos. My brother has gone to cali and vegas a few times in 2020 and 2021 for pleasure. Everyone I talk to loves it. Same resort amenities and less crowds. if I didn't have a baby i'd be working from home in Scottsdale and/or the Caribbean during the winter months for sure. 

The lack of crowds is the best part.  There is some good in the pandemic after all.  Taco Tuesdays and Thursdays at South Beach bar and grill, and farmers market Wednesdays at Hodad's in Ocean Beach is usually jammed shoulder to shoulder.

20210402_172612.jpg

20210402_172640.jpg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

Finalized flights today for a trip and just need to wire some funds for down payment.

And finally get to see how good Emirates is for myself as they get rave reviews from traveling hunters.

On the other end much of the world is struggling for any meaningful vaccine distribution,  and they are already talking multiple years of annual booster shots because this virus is going to be endemic anyway.

Now chef can be on here for years making posts about the vid. vaccine.:rofl:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Finalized flights today for a trip and just need to wire some funds for down payment.

And finally get to see how good Emirates is for myself as they get rave reviews from traveling hunters.

On the other end much of the world is struggling for any meaningful vaccine distribution,  and they are already talking multiple years of annual booster shots because this virus is going to be endemic anyway.

Now chef can be on here for years making posts about the vid. vaccine.:rofl:

Emirates is one of my faves.  Used them for a round trip to Milan.  Cathay Pacific is my other fave.

12 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

f06450aa60d12c8b3032630aa43d4247.jpg
And people wonder why I won’t take the vaccine!

That's like saying people wonder why you don't want to win the lottery - because you're unsure whether you'd get half a million or a full million dollars lol. 

The evidence is clear: even should you contract the disease, your viral load is significantly reduced after vaccination. By how much though? Originally, the thought was that you still might have enough virus in your nasal passages that you could potential transmit it, albeit only through sneezing directly in somebody's face (that's a joke). However, since the vaccine has only been around for a few months, it takes time to accumulate solid data. These emerging data seem to show that it is very, very unlikely there's even enough around to transmit, so sneeze away lol. 

You can call it conflict, but to me it's scientists who aren't afraid to update guidance as clearer information becomes available. Conflict is good. It means the folks are keeping an open mind and debating their interpretations. Either way, vaccination protects you, and it increasingly appears it may also protect those around you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, knehrke said:

That's like saying people wonder why you don't want to win the lottery - because you're unsure whether you'd get half a million or a full million dollars lol. 

The evidence is clear: even should you contract the disease, your viral load is significantly reduced after vaccination. By how much though? Originally, the thought was that you still might have enough virus in your nasal passages that you could potential transmit it, albeit only through sneezing directly in somebody's face (that's a joke). However, since the vaccine has only been around for a few months, it takes time to accumulate solid data. These emerging data seem to show that it is very, very unlikely there's even enough around to transmit, so sneeze away lol. 

You can call it conflict, but to me it's scientists who aren't afraid to update guidance as clearer information becomes available. Conflict is good. It means the folks are keeping an open mind and debating their interpretations. Either way, vaccination protects you, and it increasingly appears it may also protect those around you.

(The evidence is clear: even should you contract the disease, your viral load is significantly reduced )

I wonder if that is  true for using a mask .

• Like 1

I appreciate your posts on this subject. Quite objective even when addressing the far “left and right” of the discussion.

I got my second shot of the Pfizer vaccine early yesterday morning. I had no side effects yesterday and went to bed at my normal time last night. I had a good night's sleep and when I woke up this morning I have minor soreness at my injection site and no other side effects whatsoever. I have a couple of friends who actually got covid and got very sick. One of them still doesn't fully have his sense of taste and smell back 4 months later. I'm grateful for the vaccine and feel much safer now.     valoroutdoors.com 

vaccinatestickerhero01.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elmo said:

Emirates is one of my faves.  Used them for a round trip to Milan.  Cathay Pacific is my other fave.

Supposed to have a pretty good baggage tracking in place for firearms. That's my measure if you're any good, tell me my rifles on the plane, I can buy clothes anywhere. United was a mess, they had no clue up and down, even management, as to procedure. Everyone raved about Air New Zealand and they were just competent.

New route for me through Dubai, but short layover, just 2 hours. Guns checked all the way through, so doesnt add much to trip length and no Corvid test required.

I hadn't flown since Feb 2020, but I had (4) flights 2 weeks ago, cross-country, and they were mostly pretty good.  The last leg, from Denver to Buffalo was a bit uncomfortable on the decent, probably because it was an older plane without good pressure control.  There was plenty of room however, with just 50 passengers on the 737.
Parking and getting thru security was a breeze, and service at all the airport eateries was great, thanks to lack of crowds.
Of the four flights, only the first leg home, from SanDiego to Denver, was remotely crowded with about 30 open seats.  I had A2 boarding position on both return legs.  I thought there would be an open middle seat next to me in the 3rd row, but as they were getting ready to pull away from the gate, there was a commotion up front. 
They opened the door, and a young woman boarded.  She looked to be about 20 years old, and took the middle seat. She asked me if it "felt hot in here",  and she adjusted the overhead airflow.  I aimed my air nozzle at her also, and she said thanks.
She was very scared on takeoff, covering her eyes with a bright pink neck pillow.  She relaxed once we got to altitude and fell asleep, leaning against me.  It was a short flight and she woke up about half way thru.  She complained about being hot again.  She removed her white half-shirt (she had a tan sports bra on under that).
That cooled her down, and she fell asleep leaning against me again.  Her skin felt very warm against mine.  She slept soundly until we touched down in Denver.  She was a bit disoriented and had some trouble locating her shirt.  When we got into the airport, I helped her find her gate for her St Louis flight.
There were about a dozen individuals at a table, all wearing desert camouflage,  near the exit at the  Buffalo airport.  They handed all the arriving passengers a clipboard with a NY state travellers form.  I filed out the  "essential" section on the back, and wrote down my home phone number.  No one has contacted me or left a message on my machine and it has been 2 weeks today.  I returned to work in WNY, the Monday after my Friday return.  Hopefully, our nation is just a little safer, as a result of my "essential" trip to the west coast.

20210402_142836.thumb.jpg.3277ad87aa85a0eab7173db9c479b9c1.jpg
20210402_142807.thumb.jpg.db7f1c3fc523cab0796e9ce8d9f32628.jpg
20210402_142654.thumb.jpg.71641a51f0d2836f997164f463b46115.jpg

Sounds like you wrote that for a 1970’s penthouse magazine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Fo that it needed, "Dear Penthouse Forum: I never thought this would happen to me...

Deer penthouse I never thought this would happen to me... as the buck turned I saw it. His mud hole glistened in the sun. I knew it was wrong but I couldn’t resist. My heart pounded, my cheeks became flush, the tension mounted as I slowly gently but firmly squeezed the trigger. And in a instant it was over. The explosion, no the eruption was intense as I slammed that bullet into his love hole.

The story of the Texas heart shot

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I got the 2nd dose of the Pfiser vaccine yesterday. As like the 1st I was ok for 12 hrs and slowly started getting a sore arm. But woke up today with a mild fever and bad headache. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Same as 1st dose. So I assume this will all pass by tomorrow. We'll see? I heard that because I had covid before that the reaction could be worse, I guess they got that right!

Edited by 2012_taco
spelling
  • Sad 1