Vaccination

My wife set me up for the first dose of the Phizer shot last Thursday at Walgreens at Transit and County in East Amherst.  No side-effects at all, not even a sore arm.  I got there about 15 minutes prior to my time, got thru the paperwork,  and got the shot right on time.   

My wife had gone for her shot earlier in the day at another location, down the road a few miles.  She tipped me off on the early arrival trick.

I was hoping to wait until I could select the one shot J&J deal, but so far so good on this one.  Hopefully, the second dose will go equally well.  The nurses were very nice and pretty.

Got my second Pfizer shot today. All good so far. I blew the appointment though. I thought it was today at 4:15 but it was Monday. I kept on thinking two days after my birthday. Birthday was Saturday but we celebrated Sunday so being 58 and not thinking clear I thought the appointment was Tuesday. National Guard checkin noticed the mistake. He went in and got the all clear for me. He actually told me they can't deny you if you're in a certain range from first shot. 

I got my second Pfizer yesterday, no issues at all. No surprise as I fought off symptoms in November when @biz-r-o-world and[mention=770]sodfather[/mention] succumbed easily at camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wonder if you slept next to us what would have happened!

13 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

J&J covid vaccine paused due to blood clots

Better safe than sorry, but it's a one-in-a-million shot, doc...even less if you're a male, or outside childbearing years, or both (lol). 

The J&J shot has gotten some bad press though with the quality control issue and now this. I suspect that there is less than nothing to worry about for the average Joe, but it's good to know that the powers-that-be are at least attempting transparency. Critical IMHO to combat vaccine hesitancy. 

• Like 1

Johnny and I are impervious to the virus. I shouldn't even be talking about it, the govt my kidnap me for a study

Maybe you have type O blood

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

8 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Johnny and I are impervious to the virus. I shouldn't even be talking about it, the govt my kidnap me for a study

Yes, but will they probe you like aliens would? :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Erie county just stated their intent to fill the Bills stadium for games this year. The only catch is you'll need an excelsior passport to prove you've been fully vaccinated. I think this is going to catch on fast for food/hospitality/entertainment businesses that want to open up fully. 

Colleges are already announcing this too.

I respect anyone's beliefs that they don't want to get a vaccine that hasn't been proven safe over the short or long term. But I think it's only a matter of time before you won't be able to do much in public places without proof of vaccination.

I'm so looking forward to be able to go to a concert, or an Indy race or a Bills game again. Moderna shot #2 is scheduled for me next week. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Erie county just stated their intent to fill the Bills stadium for games this year. The only catch is you'll need an excelsior passport to prove you've been fully vaccinated. I think this is going to catch on fast for food/hospitality/entertainment businesses that want to open up fully. 

Colleges are already announcing this too.

I respect anyone's beliefs that they don't want to get a vaccine that hasn't been proven safe over the short or long term. But I think it's only a matter of time before you won't be able to do much in public places without proof of vaccination.

I'm so looking forward to be able to go to a concert, or an Indy race or a Bills game again. Moderna shot #2 is scheduled for me next week. 

Walking around with papers ,sounds so free.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Oh, I know, sounds a lot like WW2 Germany, but I'm dying to be able to do something. We skipped taking a vacation the last two years. It's been since 2018 since the wife and I have done anything of note. I'm ready to surrender a tiny piece of my freedom to do something!

Edited by Steuben Jerry

21 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Car movements — Every car since 2006 contains a chip that records your speed, braking, turns, mileage, accidents whenever you start your car.

Highway traffic — Cameras on poles and sensors buried in highway record the location of cars by license plates and fast-track badges. Seventy million plates are recorded each month.

Ride-share taxis — Uber, Lyft, and other decentralized rides record your trips.

Long-distance travel — Your travel itinerary for air flights and trains is recorded.

Drone surveillance — Along U.S. borders, Predator drones monitor and record outdoor activities.

Postal mail — The exterior of every piece of paper mail you send or receive is scanned and digitized.

Utilities — Your power and water usage patterns are kept by utilities. (Garbage is not cataloged, yet.)

Cell phone location and call logs — Where, when, and who you call (meta-data) is stored for months. Some phone carriers routinely store the contents of calls and messages for days to years.

Civic cameras — Cameras record your activities 24/7 in most city downtowns in the U.S.

Commercial and private spaces — Today 68 percent of public employers, 59 percent of private employers, 98 percent of banks, 64 percent of public schools, and 16 percent of homeowners live or work under cameras.

Smart home — Smart thermostats (like Nest) detect your presence and behavior patterns and transmit these to the cloud. Smart electrical outlets (like Belkin) monitor power consumption and usage times shared to the cloud.

Home surveillance — Installed video cameras document your activity inside and outside the home, stored on cloud servers.

Interactive devices — Your voice commands and messages from phones (Siri, Now, Cortana), consoles (Kinect), smart TVs, and ambient microphones (Amazon Echo) are recorded and processed on the cloud.

Grocery loyalty cards — Supermarkets track which items you purchase and when.

E- retailers — Retailers like Amazon track not only what you purchase, but what you look at and even think about buying.

IRS — Tracks your financial situation all your life.

Credit cards — Of course, every purchase is tracked. Also mined deeply with sophisticated AI for patterns that reveal your personality, ethnicity, idiosyncrasies, politics, and preferences.

E-wallets and e-banks — Aggregators like Mint track your entire financial situation from loans, mortgages, and investments. Wallets like Square and PayPal track all purchases.

Photo face recognition — Facebook and Google can identify (tag) you in pictures taken by others posted on the web. The location of pictures can identify your location history.

Web activities — Web advertising cookies track your movements across the web. More than 80% of the top thousand sites employ web cookies that follow you wherever you go on the web. Through agreements with ad networks, even sites you did not visit can get information about your viewing history.

Social media — Can identify family members, friends, and friends of friends. Can identify and track your former employers and your current work mates. And how you spend your free time.

Search browsers — By default Google saves every question you’ve ever asked forever.

Streaming services — What movies (Netflix), music (Spotify), video (YouTube) you consume and when, and what you rate them. This includes cable companies; your watching history is recorded.

Carrying a card that says you've been vaccinated against a deadly disease ... but my freedom? 

56 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I’ve got a stack of those cards, all you got to do is scribble some numbers and dates on them ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, left field said:

Carrying a card that says you've been vaccinated against a deadly disease ... but my freedom? 

I'm not surprised you will do what ever you're told to do. You and i have had enough conversations .

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm not surprised you will do what ever you're told to do. You and i have had enough conversations .

Not really, but if it helps you.

My point was that you talk about freedom and, I guess, anonymity, yet every aspect of your life is being tracked, collated, and sold as a commodity.  

And in most of those cases, you’ve voluntarily given others the right to track you. 

It used to be that I could walk into almost any office building in NYC, then 9-11 happened and now I have to show ID to go to someone's office. Oh well.

Edited by left field

32 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Shot #2 is in the books. 

Movin’ on!!

Make sure you get your Billy Blanks video tape out and hit play in the morning!

Edited by phade

5 hours ago, phade said:

Make sure you get your Billy Blanks video tape out and hit play in the morning!

7 hours later.....I've had 5 bottles of water, dinner and feel like I have a head cold.  I should probably suck down another bottle but I'm pretty tired. 

They were very efficient today at the Livingston County DOH building in Mt Morris.  I think I was in & out in 20 minutes, 15 of which were my waiting period post-shot.  We (my wife rode along also) came back via Letchworth State Park but exited at the Perry entrance because I needed fuel.  From there we just wound our way home, zig zagging through the beautiful countryside of Wyoming and Genesee counties.  I think it took 2.5 hours to do a 1.25 hour trip.  :)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

7 hours later.....I've had 5 bottles of water, dinner and feel like I have a head cold.  I should probably suck down another bottle but I'm pretty tired. 

They were very efficient today at the Livingston County DOH building in Mt Morris.  I think I was in & out in 20 minutes, 15 of which were my waiting period post-shot.  We (my wife rode along also) came back via Letchworth State Park but exited at the Perry entrance because I needed fuel.  From there we just wound our way home, zig zagging through the beautiful countryside of Wyoming and Genesee counties.  I think it took 2.5 hours to do a 1.25 hour trip.  :)

Which vaccine did you get, and were the side effects worse from the first or second shot ?

I had only the first (Phizer), with no side effects whatsoever.  They were also very efficient at the Walgeens, across the road from Jerry F's old Mobile station, on County and Transit. 

I got there 15 minutes before my appointment and was out at about the time my shot was scheduled (short ride home and I felt ok so I skipped the 15 minute post-shot wait).  I was home for dinner 5 minutes after my scheduled shot time.

I hope the same nurses are there when I go back for the second shot in May.  They were spectacular.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

It is a nice area; Mt. Morris has fallen on hard times in the past 10-15 years. Back in the day it was a good spot for food options and also for HS/college...a great place to meet girls. They were just far enough away from the city that fresh meat was on the dinner plate. Did you guys scoot by Warsaw? A great bow shop there called Earth Spirits. They sell ammo too.

Good luck on the recovery/head cold. I believe I'll be down there sometime in the next 7-10 days for #2. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 2:16 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

For those that got it, what are they saying the duration is? like a flu vaccine is annual for the "season", so do you get covid vaccine again in 1-year, or 6-months, etc.?

Friend is pharmacist. Booster shot next year will be in play 

• Like 1