Vaccination

10 hours ago, phade said:

It is a nice area; Mt. Morris has fallen on hard times in the past 10-15 years. Back in the day it was a good spot for food options and also for HS/college...a great place to meet girls. They were just far enough away from the city that fresh meat was on the dinner plate. Did you guys scoot by Warsaw? A great bow shop there called Earth Spirits. They sell ammo too.

Good luck on the recovery/head cold. I believe I'll be down there sometime in the next 7-10 days for #2. 

Drove right by Earth Spirits.   

I think that the jury is still out on a booster - we don't even know how long immunity will persist from the approved regiment yet - but where there's smoke, there's fire, and enough folks are talking about a booster that I don't doubt it could happen. If two is good, isn't three better? Of does that just apply in bed lol?

Seriously, though, IMHO the science isn't there yet. But I will lay money that unlike measles or mumps, this won't be a lifetime vaccination. Which considering that future variants might evade the existing surveillance, isn't the worst thing in the world. It's easy enough to modify the mRNA sequence in the vaccine to capture new mutants. But longer between shots is better from a personal perspective.

I myself had zero side effects for the first set of shots. That's no guarantee that the same will be true moving forward. I'd rather avoid a yearly roll of the dice unless it's truly necessary.

On 4/15/2021 at 7:32 AM, wolc123 said:

Which vaccine did you get, and were the side effects worse from the first or second shot ?

I had only the first (Phizer), with no side effects whatsoever.  They were also very efficient at the Walgeens, across the road from Jerry F's old Mobile station, on County and Transit. 

I got there 15 minutes before my appointment and was out at about the time my shot was scheduled (short ride home and I felt ok so I skipped the 15 minute post-shot wait).  I was home for dinner 5 minutes after my scheduled shot time.

I hope the same nurses are there when I go back for the second shot in May.  They were spectacular.  

Moderna.....

The first shot kicked my butt, the 2nd has been 99% symptom free.  One weird thing probably totally unrelated is a couple really awful cramps; one in the back of my triceps and one in a weird place in my foot, both yesterday.  Those things are electric! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Moderna.....

The first shot kicked my butt, the 2nd has been 99% symptom free.  One weird thing probably totally unrelated is a couple really awful cramps; one in the back of my triceps and one in a weird place in my foot, both yesterday.  Those things are electric! 

My parents, who are both in their 80's, had the Modernas and both had no side effects from their first or second shot.

3 hours ago, wolc123 said:

My parents, who are both in their 80's, had the Modernas and both had no side effects from their first or second shot.

I'm obviously not living right?

Over weight, over worked and under paid.  Such is life......

Just had shot number 2 of Pfizer yesterday at 3. I drank a ton of water Friday and Saturday to stay hydrated. So far so good and I only have a sore arm and even After the shot I picked up 68 bags of mulch for the garden then got home and cleaned up the truck, watched my daughter shoot her bow had dinner and went to bed. Now I’m off to my club land to do some work. I’ll take it easy when I get home after I change the oil in the zero turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I got my second last Monday, no problems. And they told me flat out not to laminate the card because there most likely will be a booster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I made a copy of mine and my wife's and took the copies to Staples and they laminated those !

• Like 1

Got my second Pfizer on Saturday afternoon. Had a sore shoulder and was a little tired later in the day Sunday but woke up Monday morning feeling fine. I have been hearing from friends that have got the Moderna that they have felt like crap after the second shot but it doesn't last more than a day.

33 minutes ago, left field said:

24 hours later, I feel fine other than the injection point is a little tender. I hydrated like hell and took aleve last night. 

Heading to a friend's later to help him muck out a sheep barn. We'll see how that goes.

Say hi to Biz.

Friend got his second Moderna yesterday midday - late 30s male, pretty fit and active. Down and out late yesterday and still feeling lousy. Countdown is on for my turn Friday.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

A friend got the moderna shots,he’s out of work now 2 weeks later after his second shot ,with covid.

Did he get it from Walgreens ? They were giving people shots of saline who though they were getting the vaccine.  

• Like 1

My wife and I got our 1st Moderna shot on April 4th . Our appointments were 3:50 and 3:55 . Got a text earlier in the day about a form that had to filled out so we got there at 3:20 . They were doing the vaccine in a huge empty department store at the mall. I think it used to be a JC Penny. We knew we were in trouble as soon as we pulled into the packed parking lot . Walked in and there had to be 500 people ahead of us in line single file through the labyrinth maze of rows. It was being run by the National guard and off duty volunteer police officers . We knew the 3:50 appointments just went out the window so we took our place in line. The process took over 3 hours. It was fun though. Lots of nice people with a good sense of humor to chat with in line.

But the best part was when we were getting the shot . My wife sits down first . The NG guy says that was nice and easy . Then my turn . I could tell he had a much harder time but its done. He looks at me and says                " Wow you have some tough  thick skin. I almost broke the the needle getting it through. "  I calmly looked at him and said " Well thats what happens when you are married to her for 28 years "  We all burst out laughing . He was still laughing when the next couple got to his table to get their shot. 

Felt a little tired with a slight headache off and on the next couple of days. Not too bad . 2nd shot scheduled for 4/30 . Going to get there 2 hours early this time. 

• Like 1