Vaccination

27 minutes ago, phade said:

Hopefully in the rearview now.

Mine is tomorrow. How long before the crapshow kicked in? 5 hours? Looks like it's a 24 hour thing for ppl who are impacted.

Anecdotally, it seems that people who hydrate before and after, and do some physical work, suffer few if any side effects.

My coworker got a swollen lymph node in her collarbone area after 1st shot. She now has to take steroids to hopefully help it. She likely cannot get the 2nd shot.

A few friends/family who works in local
Hospitals have been seeing some weird reactions lately. All get reported to FDA, but investigations take time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wont be getting the 2nd pheizer shot I'll take my chances with one after the one reaction I had which was the only one I had and that was enough for me ...had tightening of the throat on the end of day 2 it felt like my thyroid was closing up.. it's fine now and iam glad that feeling is gone but it freaked me out enough to say screw that shit.  I live to far away from any medical help for that crap to be happening .

Shot 2 was at 11.

Planned to work through the PM but clearing out meetings now. Headache coming on fierce already....same thing as shot 1. Within the hour. I feel fine otherwise. But it's a hangover/jackhammer type headache. Ugh.

On 4/22/2021 at 1:09 PM, phade said:

Hopefully in the rearview now.

Mine is tomorrow. How long before the crapshow kicked in? 5 hours? Looks like it's a 24 hour thing for ppl who are impacted.

I hit a wall about 27 hours later. But it was just fatigue. It was also a long as day at work so who knows.

2 hours ago, phade said:

Shot 2 was at 11.

Planned to work through the PM but clearing out meetings now. Headache coming on fierce already....same thing as shot 1. Within the hour. I feel fine otherwise. But it's a hangover/jackhammer type headache. Ugh.

19 minutes ago, phade said:

Tapping out. Meetings cleared and the couch is going to be my new home. Same crap as before headache and neck ache. 

bummer man. Sucks that it's a friday too, but I hear everyone is basically good as new the next day. Did you drink a shit ton of water? I did and I think that helped some. 

My coworker got a swollen lymph node in her collarbone area after 1st shot. She now has to take steroids to hopefully help it. She likely cannot get the 2nd shot.

A few friends/family who works in local
Hospitals have been seeing some weird reactions lately. All get reported to FDA, but investigations take time.

Do they consider it an allergic reaction? And is that why she isn't likely to get the 3nd dose?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Do they consider it an allergic reaction? And is that why she isn't likely to get the 3nd dose?

Not sure. They told her lumps under armpits from the shot is coming but not in the collarbone area. She’s freaking out of course

On 4/22/2021 at 1:11 PM, Steve D said:

Cory

For what it is worth  within hrs. of having my first Moderna I experienced some unpleasant side effects which lasted off & on right up to the time I was scheduled for my second. Since I had heard about the second one being worse than the first I inquired before getting the second shot. After hearing of my symptoms I was told that IF one has had covid, tested positive, or been exposed to covid it has been reported that the symptoms and side effects can linger for quite some time.

Here 3 weeks later I am still not 100% but seem a little better each day. Truth of the matter is they do not know how people will react because they don't have enough information and we are all being used as guinea pigs. I know several that have had the Moderna with no side effects and some that have been down & out since they had it. What really stinks is hearing more & more cases popping up in people that have had both shots.

Only time will tell if we are doing the right thing by getting vaccinated; but I don't think we should be putting a lot of confidence in what we are being told.

I have to go for a Covid test tomorrow. I called my superintendent and said yeah don’t come in go get a test. I have to get tested to get paid. I feel worse that when I actually had the rona. Cough headache body aches. This is terrible! 

46 minutes ago, Cory said:

I feel worse that when I actually had the rona

Yikes....Hope you keep us posted. There has got to be something unusual going on for sure. Hope it isn't a second case of covid especially after being vaccinated. From what I am hearing it wouldn't be the first time it happened. What sucks about the whole vaccine thing is you can still catch it and still pass it on.

Cross your fingers and hope for the best. Best Of luck !!!!

Headache subsided around 5:30. Hit couch and was OUT until 1:30AM. Really fatigued. Back to bed, and up at 7 - feeling much better and fine by Noon day after. But wow, was I tired.

Edited by phade

Call me the "vaccine king" I get them all, in addition to all the childhood disease shots I get the flu annually, completed the pneumonia series last year, got the two covids and am looking to get the shingles shot. Hopefully an effective Lyme vaccine is developed shortly, for someone that had the trifecta Lyme was the worst for me.

No problems with shots at all for this old walking lab rat, personally I feel the benefits far outweigh side effects and have better things to do than being laid up or even dying from  some preventable malady!

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

Co worker and his wife recieved  first shot 6 weeks ago . Less than a week they are both out of work sick . Test positive for covid. After a week he is in icu.  She struggles for 2 weeks gets better. He gets sicker... Monday he goes on resperator... Saturday night he passed . His retirement  was to be September.  He was  a no masker ... no vax... until his daughter told them no Vax they couldn't  see the grandkids. To little to late . Covid has popped up in my plant four  or five times now taking out 4 to 10 people at a time.  First death .

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Co worker and his wife recieved  first shot 6 weeks ago . Less than a week they are both out of work sick . Test positive for covid. After a week he is in icu.  She struggles for 2 weeks gets better. He gets sicker... Monday he goes on resperator... Saturday night he passed . His retirement  was to be September.  He was  a no masker ... no vax... until his daughter told them no Vax they couldn't  see the grandkids. To little to late . Covid has popped up in my plant four  or five times now taking out 4 to 10 people at a time.  First death .

Wow - sorry for your loss.

i know a couple of guys - younger than me and a lot better shape for sure, one runs marathons. Both got covid and didnt get vaccine cause they figured they are healthy and it wouldnt be a problem.  Both got terrible sick, difficulties breathing and had to move out of the house from their family for two weeks.  Then wished they had gotten the vaccine after that to protect them and their families.  To each their own , but my advice is to get it even if you think.... i will live from it.  Most do of course but so many have a long sickness that lingers for weeks and also have longer lasting effects.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Look at the professional athletes that got covid and are now suffering from taxhycardia....just read an article about a European soccer referee would is in peak physical condition and is suffering from the side affects and is now losing out on top level assignments.

Rapid test negative but cant return to work till I receive my pcr test results and my fever goes away. Doctor told me they are seeing a lot of people like me coming in. If you had the rona and got the moderna shot be prepared for a shitty time!

There's a bar/hotel near me. Two weeks ago, 21 people hung out at the bar one night with no masks. And two bartenders.
A week later 23 people have covid.

Every bar has no mask though, like every restaurant. How else do you eat/drink?

25 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Every bar has no mask though, like every restaurant. How else do you eat/drink?

My guess all smoking the same blunts,  sharing the same straw or a orgy is how everyone got it. But I always like to imagine people are having a good time. Either way 23 for 23 had to be some type of very risky behavior

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Look at the professional athletes that got covid and are now suffering from taxhycardia....just read an article about a European soccer referee would is in peak physical condition and is suffering from the side affects and is now losing out on top level assignments.

I think it affected the Sabres, not kidding