Vaccination

There's a bar/hotel near me. Two weeks ago, 21 people hung out at the bar one night with no masks. And two bartenders.
A week later 23 people have covid.

I'm sorry but you'll never convince me the masks would have stopped it. Whichever dummy showed up not feeling well caused it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

My guess all smoking the same blunts,  sharing the same straw or a orgy is how everyone got it. But I always like to imagine people are having a good time. Either way 23 for 23 had to be some type of very risky behavior

You had to select your orgy pod early and carefully, then close admissions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife and I got our second Moderna shots yesterday on Friday. After the 1st shot on April 4th we both  had a slight headache and tired spells off and on for a few days . No big deal . Today I feel fine . My wife had a slight fever and with muscle aches last nite but gone this morning . So she went to a Zumba class this morning and came back exhausted with aches and pains. Definitely the shot that did it because she is in great shape and a certified Yoga and Zumba instructor herself.

Appointment was for 11:45 . The appointments times are worthless around here. This is what the line looked like at 11:45 yesterday. The 1st pic is behind me . The second pic is in front of me to the corner of the building. The 3rd pic is from the corner of the building to the entrance. The last pic is what it looked like once we got inside the door. 10 rows of about 40 people per row before you got to the needle table. On the 1st shot the line was at the entrance door when I got there. Not around the building . The difference was this time they had 25 people administering the vaccine instead of 12-15 on the 1st shot. The 1st shot on April 4th took us a little over 3 hours .Yesterday for the 2nd shot took 2:45 min. The line was way longer this time but it went faster.

Line Back.JPG

Line Front.JPG

Line Door.JPG

Line Inside.JPG

Edited by SportsmanNH

36 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

My wife and I got our second Moderna shots yesterday on Friday. After the 1st shot on April 4th we both  had a slight headache and tired spells off and on for a few days . No big deal . Today I feel fine . My wife had a slight fever and with muscle aches last nite but gone this morning . So she went to a Zumba class this morning and came back exhausted with aches and pains. Definitely the shot that did it because she is in great shape and a certified Yoga and Zumba instructor herself.

Appointment was for 11:45 . The appointments times are worthless around here. This is what the line looked like at 11:45 yesterday. The 1st pic is behind me . The second pic is in front of me to the corner of the building. The 3rd pic is from the corner of the building to the entrance. The last pic is what it looked like once we got inside the door. 10 rows of about 40 people per row before you got to the needle table. On the 1st shot the line was at the entrance door when I got there. Not around the building . The difference was this time they had 25 people administering the vaccine instead of 12-15 on the 1st shot. The 1st shot on April 4th took us a little over 3 hours .Yesterday for the 2nd shot took 2:45 min. The line was way longer this time but it went faster.

Line Back.JPG

Line Front.JPG

Line Door.JPG

Line Inside.JPG

Wow, quite a difference. I think I was in the building 20, maybe 25 minutes max including the 15 minute observation time.

Got my 2nd moderna shit yesterday,otsego County building..No wait,and feeling okay today besides the muscle pain in the arm. I did not sleep well so felt a little loagie today. I am definetely on the upswing now and expect to be fine tomorrow.

https://apple.news/AI1RHWU3GRNakMrlMAFsraw

The phenomenon is repeated across the country. Local authorities in Los Angeles, California; Colorado; Florida; Nevada and Texas are poised to close mass vaccination sites by the end of May.
Georgia has already decided to shut down all of its mass vaccination sites by the end of May, citing lack of demand. The state is far behind the nation in terms of administering vaccines, with 34% of the population having received at least one dose, compared with 43% nationally.

One of the most notable trends in the immunization campaign is the relatively low rates of vaccination among adults aged 18-49. In this age group, 9-12% of people are fully vaccinated, compared with more than 27% among people aged 50-64.

One of the most notable trends in the immunization campaign is the relatively low rates of vaccination among adults aged 18-49. In this age group, 9-12% of people are fully vaccinated, compared with more than 27% among people aged 50-64.

Only 9-12% of people under 50 have vaccines. Why don’t they just say no vaccine = no mask and then that number would skyrocket?

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Only 9-12% of people under 50 have vaccines. Why don’t they just say no vaccine = no mask and then that number would skyrocket?

100% should do that in NY. Shot is open to all that want it. Give it 45 days and masks gone June 15. That covers time for 1st and 2nd dose and 14days for immunization to take.  Been saying this since the shot was avail to all.  

It would work for NY for sure. But half the country already bagged the masks so prob not as much of a difference there.  

The masks need to go. 

• Like 1

100% should do that in NY. Shot is open to all that want it. Give it 45 days and masks gone June 15. That covers time for 1st and 2nd dose and 14days for immunization to take.  Been saying this since the shot was avail to all.  
It would work for NY for sure. But half the country already bagged the masks so prob not as much of a difference there.  
The masks need to go. 

I'm THIS CLOSE to not wearing my mask outside anymore. Even while fishing

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

You forgot Turkey hunting . I noticed that the recoil from your shotgun blew your mask right off . You definitely blew the mask right off that gobbler though !  LOL

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I just spent 4 hours on the golf course by myself, I was so so close to not wearing my mask but I kept in on because the wind was pretty strong and I didn't know if covid was blowing around...

• Like 1

The mask thing is a subject of controversy, and maybe a moot point with our numbers the way they are, but the rest of the world isn't in as good of shape, unfortunately. My sister-in-law in Germany said that this latest wave has exacerbated the COVID fatigue to unimaginable levels, and my postdoc from India is talking about returning there to take care of his family and to do his civic duty, given how they're faring lately. We need to count our blessings - IMHO, the vaccine is contributing to keeping our numbers down. It's crazy that India is the largest producer of vaccines in the world...

59 minutes ago, knehrke said:

The mask thing is a subject of controversy, and maybe a moot point with our numbers the way they are, but the rest of the world isn't in as good of shape, unfortunately. My sister-in-law in Germany said that this latest wave has exacerbated the COVID fatigue to unimaginable levels, and my postdoc from India is talking about returning there to take care of his family and to do his civic duty, given how they're faring lately. We need to count our blessings - IMHO, the vaccine is contributing to keeping our numbers down. It's crazy that India is the largest producer of vaccines in the world...

90 percent of Indian citizens are vitamin D deficient i recently just read . 

Meanwhile we know two families who’ve returned from vacations in the free states of Texas and FLA where its open and mask free and are now planning on moving out of ny  ASAP .

One is a retired couple we know, who recently bought their “ retirement home “ here in NY, they returned from winter in FLA , to our rules and shut downs and said wtf. They sold their home to a daughter and are picking which free state to move to , he doesn’t want FLAs hot summers .

The second is our neighbors daughter , her family went to Texas, loved it so much they’re looking for jobs there now . Little taste of Freedom goes a long way it seems . 

Many are done with it. We were shopping at BJs  ( if you have a pool you’d better have a summers supply of chlorine by now ) and saw 3 people shopping mask free, so we took ours off , I’ve been going to to parties of over 100 guys, mask free , and we stop when we feel like it not some made up Gov. time on a clock . 

• Like 4

My niece came down with it. She’s early 20’s with kids. Kids got it too, under five years old. All have symptoms but mild so far but some congestion and what not.

Still going around but I agree that most of the people I’ve seen/heard of getting it lately locally is in the younger categories. 

Fatigue will present a challenge at some point in rollbacks IMO. They need to tie goals to rollbacks more closely but that has diminishing effect as this drags on.

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Meanwhile we know two families who’ve returned from vacations in the free states of Texas and FLA where its open and mask free and are now planning on moving out of ny  ASAP .

One is a retired couple we know, who recently bought their “ retirement home “ here in NY, they returned from winter in FLA , to our rules and shut downs and said wtf. They sold their home to a daughter and are picking which free state to move to , he doesn’t want FLAs hot summers .

The second is our neighbors daughter , her family went to Texas, loved it so much they’re looking for jobs there now . Little taste of Freedom goes a long way it seems . 

Many are done with it. We were shopping at BJs  ( if you have a pool you’d better have a summers supply of chlorine by now ) and saw 3 people shopping mask free, so we took ours off , I’ve been going to to parties of over 100 guys, mask free , and we stop when we feel like it not some made up Gov. time on a clock . 

You always get a large group screaming who only report on the worst cases ,never any mention of the tens of thousands who had it and didnt even know they had it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, left field said:

I tend to be the Lorne Greene "voice of doom" here, but what's rippin through India seems to be affecting 20/30/40 year olds as much as the 60/70/80 group.

Once that makes it here ...

we'll be fine

24 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

You always get a large group screaming who only report on the worst cases ,never any mention of the tens of thousands who had it and didnt even know they had it. 

Investing thing is a short time ago I ordered some cigars as I was out ( cutting back .) I thought they tasted like sh!t , which was odd as I’ve had these before . At the same time it seems like I couldn’t get my teeth / mouth clean, had an odd taste all the time it seemed . 

Had  the same cigar the other day and it was great tasting . Mouth “ taste “ is back to normal as well . Idk just odd .

Edited by Nomad