Vaccination

Been coaching our baseball team for a few weeks...and everyone is maskless. We run a drill and gather as a group maskless! We even bring it in as a team and have a cheer ar the end of practice!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Been coaching our baseball team for a few weeks...and everyone is maskless. We run a drill and gather as a group maskless! We even bring it in as a team and have a cheer ar the end of practice!

Our daughters league just went maskless no kids or adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

But then no “good game- handshake” after the game, right?
Dumb

10 hours ago, crappyice said:

Dumb

We line up on the baselines and tip our hats to the other team. It’s kinda nice but definitely miss the handshake.

11 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My daughters coach was yelling at them tonight if their mask fell below their nose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My daughter plays AAU basketball. They are required to wear masks but half of the girls have them pulled down under their chins while on the court. Haven't heard anyone complain about it. Oddly my daughter prefers to have hers pulled all the way up under her eyes.

My daughter plays AAU basketball. They are required to wear masks but half of the girls have them pulled down under their chins while on the court. Haven't heard anyone complain about it. Oddly my daughter prefers to have hers pulled all the way up under her eyes.

Mine too, I think the rule is it has to be on their head lol. It's ridiculous

• Like 1

Dumb

For my daughters team they line up and do a good game glove tap. It’s almost the old school handshake

• Like 1

17 hours ago, crappyice said:

Dumb

At my daughters basketball tournaments, after playing 40 minutes of full contact basketball with masks pulled down under their chins the whole time, they do a "good game" wave from their respective benches. It's ridiculous.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phade said:

In office work still required here for me...they say its while they figure out a solution.

For us since May 4th, it's no mask and no social distancing for vaccinated people in meetings together. max is 6 people. More importantly I got assurance I don't have to go back more than 1-2 days per week, so been looking to maybe move across the border in CT for the past few months.

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

For us since May 4th, it's no mask and no social distancing for vaccinated people in meetings together. max is 6 people. More importantly I got assurance I don't have to go back more than 1-2 days per week, so been looking to maybe move across the border in CT for the past few months.

We are crazy conservative...14 years now at this place and when I started we couldn't have facial hair and earrings (men). We've come far (comparatively) but still lag behind in many employee engagement components. I get looks wearing sneakers on a jeans day....I'm just at the point where I respond with business results = flexibility for me and my teams. Period. It annoys people and I am sure will cost me upward movement, but whatever. My people enjoy their kicks and showing them off at work. Everyone else rocking "business casual" loafers and junk. But, we're also like Karl Malone...the mail always gets delivered!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, phade said:

We are crazy conservative...14 years now at this place and when I started we couldn't have facial hair and earrings (men). We've come far (comparatively) but still lag behind in many employee engagement components. I get looks wearing sneakers on a jeans day....I'm just at the point where I respond with business results = flexibility for me and my teams. Period. It annoys people and I am sure will cost me upward movement, but whatever. My people enjoy their kicks and showing them off at work. Everyone else rocking "business casual" loafers and junk. But, we're also like Karl Malone...the mail always gets delivered!

Great points. Even the Yankees have started to bend on the long hair and facial hair.

• Like 1

I went into BB to look at TVs. Majority of customers with masks, but the dept manager in the TV section was maskless, so, off went my mask. I looked around and paid attention - it was more like 50-50 masks overall.  It felt like liberation - a bra burning party type of liberation LOL.

Dude got me for $1,700. LG OLED for the win.

• Like 2

It’s weird out there a packed gym ,maybe 1 or 2 masks , gun shop zero, wife said grocery store 50/50 . I went in one store yesterday without a mask, why would I even have one on me ? But every worker and shopper had one ,idk I guess I missed a sign , nobody said anything .

Retirement party tonight I know there won’t be one , same as it’s been for months now . Daughters party tomorrow there won’t be any, just like her party she had last summer , yet you’ll still see a single person in a car with one on .

Edited by Nomad

If the sign isnt on the door Im not putting one on. The pool store had a sign so I wore one. Im getting truly pissed off that my daughter has to wear one playing softball. Its over 100 degrees on the turf field. If a kid gets hurt they should sue the school back to the stone age. Theyve been told by every expert that masks are unnecessary outside and Id argue theyre dangerous

• Like 5

I haven't put a mask on since Tuesday.....Its liberating for sure. I went into ocean state to get Chlorine yesterday. I think i was the only one in the store not wearing a mask. 90% sure a lady muttered stupid as i walk past her. Nobody said anything to me....Same for the pool store. Everyone was wearing a mask but me. I would say it's more like 10-1 for people not wearing masks.....maybe even more than that....

40 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

90% sure a lady muttered stupid as i walk past her.

That bothers me. I pass no judgement on who wants to wear a mask. I think I would have either strongly coughed in her direction or looked straight at her and said f*** you.

I do admit to smirking to myself when I see someone masked up in a car all alone.

• Like 1

I refereed a Varsity girls lacrosse game in WNY last night and the turf was on fire.....well over 100 at game time. Not one mask worn on the face.....many on the chin. The girls who took the draw did pull their mask up and out of respect for them as did I.

TC your right about going after the school if someone gets hurt wearing one. I believe all the language about masks and high school sports references not wearing it if the palyers feel like it impacts their breathing. So the coach shouldn't be harping on it.

• Like 1

I refereed a Varsity girls lacrosse game in WNY last night and the turf was on fire.....well over 100 at game time. Not one mask worn on the face.....many on the chin. The girls who took the draw did pull their mask up and out of respect for them as did I.

TC your right about going after the school if someone gets hurt wearing one. I believe all the language about masks and high school sports references not wearing it if the palyers feel like it impacts their breathing. So the coach shouldn't be harping on it.

Its insanity. Nice example by the schools, ignore the science

• Like 1

Go figure - I'm WFH and on a meeting, when my wife (who runs a daycare at our place) said I needed to go get our daughter from school. 

Turns out, she was overheating on the bus before it left to come home. Had to wear a mask, couldn't drink her water on the bus, etc. They brought her inside the AC office, and she started feeling better immediately.

She said she was getting hot from the mask and sitting on the bus waiting for the kids to board. 

• Like 1