Vaccination

One of our local elementary kids just got awarded a free college scholarship for getting the vaccine. 

Student will receive free tuition, room and board, books and supplies to any New York State public college or university for four years. This week was the first drawing so there are still 40 more students who will be granted a free higher learning scholarship just for being vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, sbuff said:

One of our local elementary kids just got awarded a free college scholarship for getting the vaccine. 

Student will receive free tuition, room and board, books and supplies to any New York State public college or university for four years. This week was the first drawing so there are still 40 more students who will be granted a free higher learning scholarship just for being vaccinated. 

What an awesome way to waste tax payer money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Massachusetts went mask free this past weekend, and practically nobody on the Cape is wearing them. Good riddance. The current numbers don't justify masks IMHO. The fish are maskless, too, and chewing with abandon. Lots of blues and stripers, easy limits on 20"+ black sea bass, a couple winter flounder. Winds aren't great, but we are managing. It's much more enjoyable than last year, during the pandemic. And the scallop pizza at the Parrot Bar and Grill is to die for! It really seems like the vaccine has allowed us to turn the corner. Kudos to all who made that happen!

Edited by knehrke
  • Like 4

On 6/4/2021 at 6:54 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No more masks in NY schools starting Monday. Enough js enough and the people have been heard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just don't understand why they didn't let school finish out before allowing this. Kids are almost done. 

13 minutes ago, First-light said:

Just don't understand why they didn't let school finish out before allowing this. Kids are almost done. 

It's not changing.  Can only go maskless outside. This won't change by end of school this year.   Only 12 days left 

• Like 2

GF works at a school and she is on countdown!  So I get the update every day. Lol
She has a campsite rented for the next two months . 

Atta girl...I have summer camp, baseball, crew, maybe a musical for my daughter....but it ain’t school!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I'm not surprised that having the disease protects "like the vaccine", but I think that it's difficult to make any comparisons until we have an actual baseline (this is the part of the CC study that requires more than 30 words to convey). 

In short, we don't know how long vaccine efficacy lasts, so there's no way to say whether it might be longer or shorter than from getting sick. I know this seems a bit crazy, but your immune system is an insane creature, and it's impossible to make de novo predictions until after the data accumulates. Right now, we are limited to six months of good data for the vaccine, and a year for CoV.

There are also questions about whether disease severity plays a role in subsequent immunity. And of course there are long term adverse effects popping up - I would strong advise against getting CoV in lieu of the vaccine. Unless you spend lots of time at Del Lago and don't mind walking home.

5380a1a1415947b343f0fcbed40035a2.jpg

This is spot on with what several doctors told me last year. They were using hydroxychloroquine and Z-pack and sending people home like crazy. Until it got taken away.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

5380a1a1415947b343f0fcbed40035a2.jpg

This is spot on with what several doctors told me last year. They were using hydroxychloroquine and Z-pack and sending people home like crazy. Until it got taken away.

Ya but trump said it already and the media brainwashed people that trump is bad .

• Like 4