Vaccination

15 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ive got to wear a mask for my daughters recital tonight. Its the studios choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is there a window you can open and watch from outside? Although they might....think that's creepy. Lol. 

Or have them leave the doors open and pull the truck up and drop the tailgate!  Guarantee at least 2 other Dad's join you.

Edited by Robhuntandfish

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Wear the masks that are proven not to prevent anything.  Its aggravating at this point.

• Like 1

What if all the parents came with no masks? I mean who even carries one around anymore unless you have to have a surgery

The World Health Organization (WHO) published revised advice on June 21, 2021, clarifying which populations should receive COVID-19 vaccines. The WHO's website now states, 'Children should not be vaccinated for the moment.'

One interesting thing came up today in discussions.

Have a few peers with older kids still on their insurance plans - up to 26 it is. Anyhow, a few of the "kids" haven't gotten the shots. One that didn't want it, got CV-19 - ended up costing the kid a few thousand dollars for treatment due some of the complications she was experiencing. Of course, said kid doesn't have the cash reserves to draw down on the balance of the bill leftover from insurance. 

Thankfully our oldest is off ours now. But that peer is pretty pissed off...footing a "loan" to the kid, and the kid ate up some of the plan allowances and still half a year to go in the plan year.

It's a good reminder that what you do or don't do can impact other people - intentioned or not.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, phade said:

It's a good reminder that what you do or don't do can impact other people - intentioned or not.

My son texted me this morning and said that his best friends father just passed from Covid. We've been friends for 20 years now. He was ~53, healthy and an avid walker, as he walked all over town for exercise. He was a guy that refused to get the vaccine, because he knew more than the doctors... I guess. Just like phade said, what you do or don't do impacts other people! This guy stubbornly refused the vaccine, but now his family has to pay the price for it, losing him at such a young age for something that easily could have been prevented! His wife and kids got the vaccine, but he knew better... I guess.? His boys are both in their mid-20's, and I'm sure they would have wanted their Dad to be around to see them get married and see his future grandkids... Understandably, they are crushed!!!

I was telling a coworker about this today and he also has a friend that has Covid that isn't expected to live to the end of the week. A healthy 55 year old marathon runner, that refused to get the vaccine. 

To each their own, but just remember that the decision you make will impact your family and friends too. 

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, blackbeltbill said:

I have an appointment  for my 2nd Pfizer Shot on Saturday/ June 26th. I understand NY has 70% vaccinated. 

70 percent , makes ya wonder what the next hoop to jump through will be.

• Like 1

My son texted me this morning and said that his best friends father just passed from Covid. We've been friends for 20 years now. He was ~53, healthy and an avid walker, as he walked all over town for exercise. He was a guy that refused to get the vaccine, because he knew more than the doctors... I guess. Just like phade said, what you do or don't do impacts other people! This guy stubbornly refused the vaccine, but now his family has to pay the price for it, losing him at such a young age for something that easily could have been prevented! His wife and kids got the vaccine, but he knew better... I guess.? His boys are both in their mid-20's, and I'm sure they would have wanted their Dad to be around to see them get married and see his future grandkids... Understandably, they are crushed!!!
I was telling a coworker about this today and he also has a friend that has Covid that isn't expected to live to the end of the week. A healthy 55 year old marathon runner, that refused to get the vaccine. 
To each their own, but just remember that the decision you make will impact your family and friends too. 

Did he get medical attention right away or refuse it? Were any underlying conditions found during treatment? What was his treatment? A lot of unknowns here.

My brother’s bosses father passed away from covid. 6 weeks after his second shot. Remember just because you get the vaccine doesn’t mean it worked and you got the antibodies. Only way to tell is if you test for antibodies. There’s a lot of people thinking they are protected right now and they aren’t

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Did he get medical attention right away or refuse it? Were any underlying conditions found during treatment? What was his treatment? A lot of unknowns here.

My brother’s bosses father passed away from covid. 6 weeks after his second shot. Remember just because you get the vaccine doesn’t mean it worked and you got the antibodies. Only way to tell is if you test for antibodies. There’s a lot of people thinking they are protected right now and they aren’t

Theres a new story out now that china has been using vaccines that don't work.

My wife's uncle died from covid about 2 weeks ago. Didn't get the vaccine and neither did his kids or wife. His wife picked up the covid first somewhere. She had very little symptoms. My wife's uncle and cousin then got it from her. Her uncle got quite sick and delayed going to the hospital. Eventually he had to. They treated him for about a week and discharged him. Two days later he died sitting in his chair at home. He was in his 50's and had no underlying conditions other than delaying his initial treatment for covid. It's been quite the bummer for my wife and her family.

• Sad 3

yesterday i went to a goverment DOD/DOE facility maskless. sitting at my office desk now maskless. earlier i went to the bank though and they required one vaccination or not. yet not one employee had a mask on.

11 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

in my office anyone not vaccinated still has to. don't require proof, just expect you to not be a dick and lie about it.

Everyone here has to wear one regardless of vaccination status.  

22 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

“A healthy 55 yr old marathon runner” and “healthy 53 yr old avid walker” Not to sound like a a$$ but there is usually more to the story. If that’s completely true, it’s extremely rare. There are bs stories on both sides of the vaccine debate. 

Edited by Waterfowler
  • Like 3

They also just lifted/shifted blame to summer camps. Unvaccinated children (they can’t be!!) no longer are REQUIRED to wear a mask but it is strongly recommended they do indoors but it’s up to each facility. AKA….kids get sick because you let them go masklesss= camp’s fault!
Parents are pissed cause your keeping them in masks= camp’s fault!
Thank you government agency for making my life harder! My tax money at work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, knehrke said:

As long as everybody is a little bit angry, we're probably in the zone. It's when one side is ecstatic and one side is furious that I begin to worry.

Nobody happy is a crappy place to live.

• Like 1