Vaccination

Ok, so a combination of 
1: feeling like you’re at a very low risk of chronic effects from infection, in part due to preliminary scientific reports that suggest that you may have enhanced protection due to your blood serotype 
and
2: distrust of (extensive) scientific reports documenting extremely low risk of these vaccines. This concern would be assuaged by eventual FDA approval.
Your reasons certainly beat fears about government microchips or other absurd conspiracy theories. Thanks for being open about why you’re choosing to wait. 
Any concerns about being a transmission vector to the immunocompromised or ill children? 
Not at all. My father is immunocompromised he's been vaccinated. I also don't go out and hobnob everywhere so I try to limit my potential exposures to begin with. I merely choose to not live my life in fear and instead take precautions to limit my risks.

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Not at all. My father is immunocompromised he's been vaccinated. I also don't go out and hobnob everywhere so I try to limit my potential exposures to begin with. I merely choose to not live my life in fear and instead take precautions to limit my risks.

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

But there is some fear in your part about potential, though very unlikely, risks from the vaccine. It’s more a matter of where one directs their fear  (precaution is perhaps a much better word than fear for both the vaccinated and unvaccinated instances). 

So then the answer is that you are being conscientious to avoid exposure and you’re hoping that most immunocompromised folks are vaccinated and protected. 

Edited by Versatile_Hunter

But there is some fear in your part about potential, though very unlikely, risks from the vaccine. It’s more a matter of where one directs their fear  (precaution is perhaps a much better word for both the vaccinated and unvaccinated instances). 
So then the answer is that you are being conscientious to avoid exposure and you’re hoping that most immunocompromised folks are vaccinated and protected. 

Given my health it would be more of a risk to inject an unknown substance into my body than my risks from the virus. As I said I'm going to get it eventually. I am just not going out of my way to get a shot. If it ends up being convenient at some point in my life then I'll go get it. But I'm not actively searching out a location and time to get it. And no you are twisting my words what I am saying is people need to take responsibility for themselves. I am doing my part to keep my risks of infection as low as I am comfortable with. The same should be done for those that are immunocompromised. Trust me I've been living this lifestyle well before corona. I've had to live it the past 7 years+ so coronavirus barely changed a thing. In the beginning before there were effective treatments and knowledge about the virus I took even further steps to limit my risks.

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

21 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Given my health it would be more of a risk to inject an unknown substance into my body than my risks from the virus. As I said I'm going to get it eventually. I am just not going out of my way to get a shot. If it ends up being convenient at some point in my life then I'll go get it. But I'm not actively searching out a location and time to get it. And no you are twisting my words what I am saying is people need to take responsibility for themselves. I am doing my part to keep my risks of infection as low as I am comfortable with. The same should be done for those that are immunocompromised. Trust me I've been living this lifestyle well before corona. I've had to live it the past 7 years+ so coronavirus barely changed a thing. In the beginning before there were effective treatments and knowledge about the virus I took even further steps to limit my risks.

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

Maybe youve already addressed this, but Ill as anyway to save time trying to search it up: have you had corona yet?

Maybe youve already addressed this, but Ill as anyway to save time trying to search it up: have you had corona yet?
It's likely. My wife back in early January had all the symptoms and a mystery viral infection that doctors couldn't figure out what it was. Mind you this was before any testing or even knowledge of covid was even around much. I slept next to her every night and never got a symptom. So it's possible I was exposed early on. When I had my physical in July I had them do the then very new antibody test but they couldn't find anything. When I go for my next one gonna have them run it just for the hell of it. The vast majority of people who contract it will be asymptomatic anyways so it's entirely possible I've been exposed at some point. Regardless if I come up with antibodies or not, I still plan to do what I can to limit my exposure much the way I do any diseases

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

My wife works at tractor supply at glenmont store and the other day a girl that works there  calls into work and tells them that her son has covid and ask what to do they say not to worry about it she can still come to work because she got vaccinated ...I really dont think that's how this shit works and this is how shit keeps spreading...talk about a greedy company I think at most she should eathier self quarantine or be made wear a mask.. mind you this girl touches everything she works in the front of the store no less

Edited by silent death
  • Like 2

My wife works at tractor supply at glenmont store and the other day a girl that works there  calls into work and tells them that her son has covid and ask what to do they say not to worry about it she can still come to work because she got vaccinated ...I really dont think that's how this shit works and this is how shit keeps spreading...talk about a greedy company I think at most she should eathier self quarantine or be made wear a mask.. mind you this girl touches everything she works in the front of the store no less
Yeah I am fairly certain if someone in my household tested positive I would be stuck inside with them all the same

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Yeah I am fairly certain if someone in my household tested positive I would be stuck inside with them all the same

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

The kid is only 8 years old and shes a single parent personally I think she should be home with him...not everybody can be vaccinated me for one after having a reaction to the first shot I couldnt get the second shot...and this store does alot of buisness. Its bs that people think getting vaccinated saves u because it dont and stores have let there guard down

• Like 1

The kid is only 8 years old and shes a single parent personally I think she should be home with him...not everybody can be vaccinated me for one after having a reaction to the first shot I couldnt get the second shot...and this store does alot of buisness. Its bs that people think getting vaccinated saves u because it dont and stores have let there guard down
Yeah I'd say the little boy likely needs his mom around to help take care of him. Especially if he's feeling crappy.

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, silent death said:

Yes, this is my question as well and brings up an interesting bioethical issue apropos of conferred immunity: can you be a vector of transmission even after after developing immunity , whether it be natural or via vaccination? I honestly dont know, but its possible, albeit not probable.

3 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Yes, this is my question as well and brings up an interesting bioethical issue apropos of conferred immunity: can you be a vector of transmission even after after developing immunity , whether it be natural or via vaccination? I honestly dont know, but its possible, albeit not probable.

They already said that a vaccinated person can get covid and pass it on to somebody else that's why I didnt understand why they said she could go into work.. some states are making people wear mask again even if your vaccinated...to me it's all about hygiene and how well they keep the stores clean before they wer told to wipe shopping carts down every other hour with bleach wipes and sense the vaccinations started that all stopped not a good idea in my opinion 

Edited by silent death

11 minutes ago, silent death said:

It's a selfish world we live in.  There is absolutely NO sense of civic responsibility anymore.  People just want to bitch and complain about being forced to get vaccinated or made to wear a freakin mask.  No sense of what might be best for society to get rid of this $hit once and for all.  All people care about is themselves and it seems like most everyone these days is completely brainwashed by one political ideology or the other.  If we had the same mentality as we do today during WWII the freaking world would have been taken over by the enemy.   No question about that!!

• Like 2

Just now, Jeremy K said:

A vaccine where you can still get sick and spread , they cant even be honest about what they're giving out.

So many vaccinated people are getting sick now and stores let there guards down ..I have a feeling when winter hits people are gonna drop like flies. I dont care a mask or vaccination isnt gonna help anybody much but bein stupid and selfish if someone lives in your house that's got covid then take precautions dont just go walking around like u cant spread it or contract it....theres alot of bs in the news I mean joe joe biden the other day said if your fully vaccinated u have nothing to worry about and then the following week he retracted his statement lol

11 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

What type?

Clinical Pharmacist at hospitals in NY, CT, NJ, and CA. And he he's not an anti-vaxxer by any means. Nor am I.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

A vaccine where you can still get sick and spread , they cant even be honest about what they're giving out.

Either that or you lack a understanding off science… vaccines don’t prevent infection they give you body the tools to fight them off. Some faster than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, The_Real_TCIII said:

So Ill say it again, dont worry about people that dont want the vaccines.

I never said anything about people wanting vaccinations to me its just a feel good measure my kids are all vaccinated and so is my wife I couldnt get both shots do to a severe reaction to the first shot and my throat closing up . But I do think its bs that people that are vaccinated are bein less cautious 

• Like 1

for those talking about the workplace, i believe the standard is

CDC recommendations are that fully vaccinated individuals are not required to quarantine if in close contact with someone with COVID-19. 

So Ill say it again, dont worry about people that dont want the vaccines.

You say that now but what happens if someone you love shows up at the ER in need of care due to say a car accident, and there is no one to help them because the hospital is over run with covid patients?

for those talking about the workplace, i believe the standard is
CDC recommendations are that fully vaccinated individuals are not required to quarantine if in close contact with someone with COVID-19. 

Yes but that was before delta these recommendations are changing

• Like 1