Vaccination

Eventually I’ll have a big decision to make, quit my job and leave NY or get the shot because I work for andy and eventually it will be mandatory.

I do not want the shot, I don’t feel I need the shot. My primary doctor at the VA is retiring early due to his refusal to get the shot and their new mandates. From everything I’ve found so far having already had covid I’m way more protected and less likely to spread it than someone that hasn’t and gotten the Vax.

I’ve done/am still doing the research but I’m also looking looking into other free states for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, left field said:

Delta may give us the herd immunity so many were hoping for last year. Hard to say what the cost will be. A vaccinated cook/waitress in my little town just came down with Delta. She probably serves a few hundred people in a weekend. 

are you implying its transmitted through food?

54 minutes ago, silent death said:

she can still come to work because she got vaccinated ...I really dont think that's how this shit works and this is how shit keeps spreading...talk about a greedy company I think at most she should eathier self quarantine or be made wear a mask.

The company I work for has to follow guidance from NYS in order to be in compliance of the business we run. That's the official protocol for a month or so now. Although I can envision them tightening that up with Delta.

• Like 1

More and more this looks like it's going to be endemic to me. It will be around forever in one variant or another.  And chances are more vaccinations will be needed.  I also see these vaccinations being mandatory in all the schools, colleges etc.  This is something we will all have to live with and will prob get in one form or another. 

It will be just another vaccine in time. 

Although I don't understand completely the fear people have of a vaccine and what they think it might do to them, I also am a big fan of choice and freedoms. 

I think it's a big issue that we no longer trust anything these days and there is so much garbage out there you don't know what to believe. 

But I will most likely get the vaccine again, if it is needed, as I feel it is a viable way to ward this off and it has worked very effectively and I don't fear the possible side effects or the unknown on this anymore than anything else we encounter on a daily basis. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Eventually I’ll have a big decision to make, quit my job and leave NY or get the shot because I work for andy and eventually it will be mandatory.

I do not want the shot, I don’t feel I need the shot. My primary doctor at the VA is retiring early due to his refusal to get the shot and their new mandates. From everything I’ve found so far having already had covid I’m way more protected and less likely to spread it than someone that hasn’t and gotten the Vax.

I’ve done/am still doing the research but I’m also looking looking into other free states for work.

2 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

The company I work for has to follow guidance from NYS in order to be in compliance of the business we run. That's the official protocol for a month or so now. Although I can envision them tightening that up with Delta.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/30/texas-gov-greg-abbott-signs-order-on-mask-vaccine-mandates/

3 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Ironic 1 kid in a class comes down with covid and the kids are home schooled for a week or 2 but someone at work can come in close contact and they dont care be cause they are vaccinated

• Like 1

Just now, Chef said:

No it’s transmitted through air and if she’s a waitress she is breathing around them

not long enough unless someone is hitting on her?

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

are you implying its transmitted through food?

No. Through the air in the tiny and at times crowded cafe filled with unmasked people. Had another friend get it in the Provincetown cluster but that might have been from the big gay orgy.

Ironic 1 kid in a class comes down with covid and the kids are home schooled for a week or 2 but someone at work can come in close contact and they dont care be cause they are vaccinated

Not sure if your a parent or not bud kids are the most valuable thing in the lives of a parent.

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

Not sure if your a parent or not bud kids are the most valuable thing in the lives of a parent.

Have 4 kids my oldest is 21 my kids are all vaccinated due to our school we had over 30 covid cases last year .my 18 year old daughter had a severe reaction when she got her second shot ems had to come help her with oxygen and a eppy pen . Iam so glad she didnt have the reaction I had to my 1st shot

Edited by silent death

25 minutes ago, silent death said:

I never said anything about people wanting vaccinations to me its just a feel good measure my kids are all vaccinated and so is my wife I couldnt get both shots do to a severe reaction to the first shot and my throat closing up . But I do think its bs that people that are vaccinated are bein less cautious 

That wasnt directed at you, just people in general

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chef said:

You say that now but what happens if someone you love shows up at the ER in need of care due to say a car accident, and there is no one to help them because the hospital is over run with covid patients?

DIdnt happen when there was no vaccine, certainly wont happen with one

29 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Arent the vaccinated also a transmission vector? Is it less likely? Seriously asking

As I understand it, there may be a narrow window in some vaccinated folks where they're potentially infectious (immunity levels and viral titer are the contributing factors). This window was miniscule and could be approximated as negligible. Unfortunately, one of the hallmarks of the delta variant is that it manifests with much higher viral titers making it more contagious and virulent. I would imagine that this means that the formerly negligible infectious window of the vaccinated has expanded some. Likely still negligible but again it's factor of immunity levels and viral titer.

Have 4 kids my oldest is 21 my kids are all vaccinated due to our school we had over 30 covid cases last year .my 18 year old daughter had a severe reaction when she got her second shot ems had to come help her with oxygen and a eppy pen . Iam so glad she didnt have the reaction I had to my 1st shot

Are you happy or relieved they are vaccinated ?

41 minutes ago, steve863 said:

There is absolutely NO sense of civic responsibility anymore.  People just want to bitch and complain about being forced to get vaccinated or made to wear a freakin mask.  No sense of what might be best for society to get rid of this $hit once and for all.

Yes, and with good reason.  Do you really want to hand over that much power to the federal government to regulate our lives and infringe upon our individual liberties that easily? If granted that power, does it then become a gateway statute inexorably leading to further, more restrictive mandates in the future? Thats what many of us fear , and with good reason IMHO. Dont get me wrong, I' am no Anti-vaxxer by any stretch, believing in the efficacy of it to protect the recipient from severe disease;  But I also question its safety and the potential side effects that may crop up in the months and years to come due to the limited number of experimental trials conducted in its devpt, albeit out of necessity, of course. Can you guarantee me there will be no long term effects suffered by those receiving the vaccine?? No...no one can. Again, that doesnt mean that I'm against it eithther as I am CONSIDERING getting it due to the prevalence of the delta variant currently, in which the vaccine seemingly offers more protection than natural immunity , which i already have. Each individual has to do their own risk-assessment analysis in order to determine their own course of action at this stage of the pandemic , rather than directives being OREDERED them by the govt. 

In terms of the social responsibility inherent to citizenry of any nation-state, I agree with you to a certain point , but I dont think were there yet, not by  a long shot, and youre leaving out one essential aspect: what about the responsibility that is incumbent upon the individual to protect themselves, rather than relying on govt mandates (i.e., social control and regulation of other citizens) to protect you? If you, as an individual, know you are immunocompromised , for whatever reason , then YOU should go and get the vaccine yourself and not worry about what others are doing!! What if you get sick anyway? Well, theres a small chance of that happening regardless of what others are doing around you,  the way I see it, BUT YOU DO YOURE PART TO PROTECT YOURSELF!! :)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

Are you happy or relieved they are vaccinated ?

I wasnt happy nor relieved they could get the shot but as a parent I made the best decision I thought was appropriate to keep them safe other than the n95 mask and there gloves they wore to school but I fear it may have been for nothing with people still coming down with covid after the vaccines.

Edited by silent death

5 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

As I understand it, there may be a narrow window in some vaccinated folks where they're potentially infectious (immunity levels and viral titer are the contributing factors). This window was miniscule and could be approximated as negligible. Unfortunately, one of the hallmarks of the delta variant is that it manifests with much higher viral titers making it more contagious and virulent. I would imagine that this means that the formerly negligible infectious window of the vaccinated has expanded some. Likely still negligible but again it's factor of immunity levels and viral titer.

Ok and what about those who have already had COVID- do they have protection against delta (as you understand it) or no? 

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Given my health it would be more of a risk to inject an unknown substance into my body than my risks from the virus. As I said I'm going to get it eventually. I am just not going out of my way to get a shot. If it ends up being convenient at some point in my life then I'll go get it. But I'm not actively searching out a location and time to get it. And no you are twisting my words what I am saying is people need to take responsibility for themselves. I am doing my part to keep my risks of infection as low as I am comfortable with. The same should be done for those that are immunocompromised. Trust me I've been living this lifestyle well before corona. I've had to live it the past 7 years+ so coronavirus barely changed a thing. In the beginning before there were effective treatments and knowledge about the virus I took even further steps to limit my risks.

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

Given my health it would be more of a risk to inject an unknown substance into my body than my risks from the virus. 
-I think Jerkman's trying to tell us he has abs! Let me guess, you also don't get a yearly flu shot? Your perspective is curious and perhaps much more common than I imagine. The vaccine substance is not unknow. In fact, it's 100% known. Look up that ingredient list.  

As I said I'm going to get it eventually. I am just not going out of my way to get a shot. If it ends up being convenient at some point in my life then I'll go get it. But I'm not actively searching out a location and time to get it. 
-I propose a HuntNY archery shoot/vaccination drive for everyone who want's it extra easy.

And no you are twisting my words what I am saying is people need to take responsibility for themselves. 
-not trying to twist words. I'm sincerely trying to understand your take since you come across as sensible and your vaccine concerns aren't based on absurd conspiracy theories.

I am doing my part to keep my risks of infection as low as I am comfortable with. The same should be done for those that are immunocompromised. Trust me I've been living this lifestyle well before corona. I've had to live it the past 7 years+ so coronavirus barely changed a thing. In the beginning before there were effective treatments and knowledge about the virus I took even further steps to limit my risks.
-It sound tough. I hope your father continues to do well.

Given my health it would be more of a risk to inject an unknown substance into my body than my risks from the virus. 
-I think Jerkman's trying to tell us he has abs! Let me guess, you also don't get a yearly flu shot? Your perspective is curious and perhaps much more common than I imagine. The vaccine substance is not unknow. In fact, it's 100% known. Look up that ingredient list.  
As I said I'm going to get it eventually. I am just not going out of my way to get a shot. If it ends up being convenient at some point in my life then I'll go get it. But I'm not actively searching out a location and time to get it. 
-I propose a HuntNY archery shoot/vaccination drive for everyone who want's it extra easy.
And no you are twisting my words what I am saying is people need to take responsibility for themselves. 
-not trying to twist words. I'm sincerely trying to understand your take since you come across as sensible and your vaccine concerns aren't based on absurd conspiracy theories.
I am doing my part to keep my risks of infection as low as I am comfortable with. The same should be done for those that are immunocompromised. Trust me I've been living this lifestyle well before corona. I've had to live it the past 7 years+ so coronavirus barely changed a thing. In the beginning before there were effective treatments and knowledge about the virus I took even further steps to limit my risks.
-It sound tough. I hope your father continues to do well.
The end of the day I just don't feel like getting it. Not based on any conspiracy theories. I just don't feel like it. I get my flu shot yearly but that's more for my dad's sake and they have it at my office so it's a matter of 2 mins out of my day. Why people care so much the reasons someone does or doesn't want to get one of these vaccines is beyond me.

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

• Like 1