Vaccination

Its amusing because people act like covid was never a strain of sickness before last year . We have all been sick with some form of covid in the past . Remember the lysol cans saying it kills covid before this shit all started last year?

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 2

This country is the most drugged up nation under the sun.  Every other commercial on TV is a drug commercial it seems.  Prescription drugs are available for just about every ailment and most of these drugs have a laundry list of potential side effects yet it doesn't seem to stop people from popping them like candy.  What I find funny is that many of those who are afraid of the potential side effects of the vaccine are the same people who have no problem taking these various prescription drugs.  And many of these prescription drugs are needed by these folks because of bad life choices they've made.  Go try to figure that one out, I sure as hell won't.  LOL

Agreed and I’m vaxed and I don’t even like to take Advil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its amusing because people act like covid was never a strain of sickness before last year . We have all been sick with some form of covid in the past . Remember the lysol cans saying it kills covid before this shit all started last year?

This statement is so stupid it makes me wanna smack my head against a wall. Yes there have been coronavirus out there before just not this one. Corona just refers to a type of virus that has a crown like shape on its outer shell.

Thanks for playing

• Like 1

You have the option to be tested weekly as well don’t you ?

For now, I would say over 70% of my co workers haven’t been vaccinated. Im sure closer to the city the numbers aren’t that high but up north they’re probably higher. I’m very curious to see how the state plays this one out.

How much money are they willing to waste on weekly testing?

Who’s going to track the tests?

I was first offered the vax in December, it’s been 7 months if we haven’t gotten it it’s because we don’t want it. For the most part Leo’s, fireman etc don’t do well with getting things shoved down their throats.

Should be a very interesting fall!

• Like 1

Another academic scientist who weighed the evidence and got the shot. I’m seeing the suggestion of a trend here. 
Absolute certainty has never been the standard in medicine and there’s no reason why we should now move the goalposts further back. In contrast, given risk of death/chronic disease, moving them in a tiny bit feels reasonable to me. 

Funny you of all people bring up moving goal posts…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chef said:

This statement is so stupid it makes me wanna smack my head against a wall. Yes there have been coronavirus out there before just not this one. Corona just refers to a type of virus that has a crown like shape on its outer shell.

Thanks for playing

Can you do that for an hour and report back to us with pictures please

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Funny you of all people bring up moving goal posts…

I’ve been extremely consistent in voicing my opinion on this board so I don’t know you’re talking about. 

That said, you’d do yourself a favor not to fetishize rigidity above all else. 

3 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

As I understand it, there may be a narrow window in some vaccinated folks where they're potentially infectious (immunity levels and viral titer are the contributing factors). This window was miniscule and could be approximated as negligible. Unfortunately, one of the hallmarks of the delta variant is that it manifests with much higher viral titers making it more contagious and virulent. I would imagine that this means that the formerly negligible infectious window of the vaccinated has expanded some. Likely still negligible but again it's factor of immunity levels and viral titer.

I want to clarify my last comment. There have been some preprint reports suggesting that the infectiousness of breakthrough cases is much higher with the Delta variant. These reports  have motivated the CDC to change masking recommendations. It’s important to understand that breakthrough infections remain extremely low. 

45 minutes ago, Chef said:

Thanks for playing

well ,we know who the media is targeting.

2 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I want to clarify my last comment. There have been some preprint reports suggesting that the infectiousness of breakthrough cases is much higher with the Delta variant. These reports  have motivated the CDC to change masking recommendations. It’s important to understand that breakthrough infections remain extremely low. 

Why do you think that is? Is it because the antigen spikes found on the delta are different enough from those that the vaccine provides protection against?  

7 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Why do you think that is? Is it because the antigen spikes found on the delta are different enough from those that the vaccine provides protection against?  

Take a look at what happened with marek’s diseases vaccine for chickens which was a leaky vaccine. I am no expert at all and maybe  @knehrke would know if this could be a possible cause.

14 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Some (not yet peer reviewed) reports indicate higher affinity to ACE2 and optimized cleavage sites which facilitate entrance to host cell. 

The vaccine is a joke. Get vaccinated,  still get covid, still spread disease. I definitely am not a scientist,  but then it doesn't take one to realize that is not how a vaccine works.

Only thing it did was give a false sence of security to allow businesses to reopen without having to admit shutting them down was wrong in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

25 percent of cases in LA are vaccinated . I'm still waiting for the number of casualties to be announced , they only seem to focus on positive cases . Anything to boost ratings i guess. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

25 percent of cases in LA are vaccinated . I'm still waiting for the number of casualties to be announced , they only seem to focus on positive cases . Anything to boost ratings i guess. 

Why are you waiting for the death rates? It’s all published public information. We will continue to see an increase in breakthrough infections as 1- community spread increases (ie. new variants, fewer mitigation policies), 2- gradual decay in immunity (booster will eventually be necessary). 
But don’t throw away the baby with the bath water. The vast majority of people needing hospitalization or dying are unvaccinated. No one is hiding death rates from you. 
This article will help clarify (and has morality numbers): https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-07-23/vaccinated-breakthrough-covid-19-infections-what-to-know

1 minute ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Why are you waiting for the death rates? It’s all published public information. We will continue to see an increase in breakthrough infections as 1- community spread increases (ie. new variants, fewer mitigation policies), 2- gradual decay in immunity (booster will eventually be necessary). 
But don’t throw away the baby with the bath water. The vast majority of people needing hospitalization or dying are unvaccinated. No one is hiding death rates from you. 
This article will help clarify (and has morality numbers): https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-07-23/vaccinated-breakthrough-covid-19-infections-what-to-know

My point is that the delta is much more contagious and much less lethal , that kind of news wont scare people into watching the news.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

My point is that the delta is much more contagious and much less lethal , that kind of news wont scare people into watching the news.

Not sure why you would say that the delta variant has a lower pathogenicity… Viral count tends to correlate with the severity of symptoms. 

But, how many people that are vaccinated might be feeling under the weather that aren’t getting tested?

I think those numbers are far from accurate.

Last week I was at the doctors getting my allergy medicine renewed and I coughed when talking to the PA and she asked me if I was vaccinated and When said no she told me I had to go get a covid test.

I then asked her if I would have to if I was vaccinated she said no, I then told her I was fin and am not getting tested.

When I asked about it to my girlfriend that’s a RN, she said unless they have a fever they don’t send vaccinated people out for the test. But unvaccinated are tested with any symptoms.

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

But, how many people that are vaccinated might be feeling under the weather that aren’t getting tested?

I think those numbers are far from accurate.

Last week I was at the doctors getting my allergy medicine renewed and I coughed when talking to the PA and she asked me if I was vaccinated and When said no she told me I had to go get a covid test.

I then asked her if I would have to if I was vaccinated she said no, I then told her I was fin and am not getting tested.

When I asked about it to my girlfriend that’s a RN, she said unless they have a fever they don’t send vaccinated people out for the test. But unvaccinated are tested with any symptoms.

They have been sneaking stuff through all along to fix the numbers ,like dying FROM covid is the same as dying WITH covid ,both go in the same tally and the fear level rises. 

• Like 3

They have been sneaking stuff through all along to fix the numbers ,like dying FROM covid is the same as dying WITH covid ,both go in the same tally and the fear level rises. 

The worst part is there are some among our ranks here that eat the shit up like candy!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Some (not yet peer reviewed) reports indicate higher affinity to ACE2 and optimized cleavage sites which facilitate entrance to host cell. 

Was Dolly Parton treated with this ?

• Haha 1