Vaccination

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Israel offers third shot of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to adults at risk

My dad his brother and a bunch of relatives got that one with no problems . If I get it  going to be that one I figure chances are if it did not effect my relatives negatively its not going mess me up either .

See I did my own research a lot of them just blindly follow with out a clue , not good .  If you have family that had problems with it obviously its smart to think twice about getting this stuff .  People can have different reactions to different drugs happens with any drug .   

The death rate is very low and emergency use only is what it was approved for , they have no idea of extended side effects..  this is why I belive most do not want the vaccine . It's also main reason why most do not get a flushot.   If your at risk or family seems suspect to its effects I understand getting it. For most there is no reason to other than fear of numbers which are given with no  comparisons... just number of new cases.. ever wonder how many new cases of flu happen every day every year??  Not that they report that at all. Media keeps calling it a pandemic, but it lost that status last July.  Simple media shoving something down your throat every day.. creating a fear factor. 600000 deaths.. but when you look at population of 350000000000 its a miniscule number . Unlike 1918 where 1/2  of population died ( that was from  flu but they don't tell us cases per day for flu though historically it's proved much more deadly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I keep seeing that people using statins are having an easier time if infected with covid , theres already been tests done to confirms this . There is medicine available for the treatment or to use as a prophylactic against covid but it's being swept under the carpet because there is no money in a vaccine for something that can be treated with medicine . Makes perfect sense why Trump was attacked for bringing up any kind of treatment options ,who ever is pulling the strings is trying to get big pharma paid for something.  

Yep of course they are not going to advertise or spend much time researching  anything   that's not going to make them money .lol 

I keep seeing that people using statins are having an easier time if infected with covid , theres already been tests done to confirms this . There is medicine available for the treatment or to use as a prophylactic against covid but it's being swept under the carpet because there is no money in a vaccine for something that can be treated with medicine . Makes perfect sense why Trump was attacked for bringing up any kind of treatment options ,who ever is pulling the strings is trying to get big pharma paid for something.  

https://health.ucsd.edu/news/releases/Pages/2021-07-15-common-medication-used-to-reduce-cholesterol-levels-may-reduce-covid-19-severity.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, G-Man said:

The death rate is very low and emergency use only is what it was approved for , they have no idea of extended side effects..  this is why I belive most do not want the vaccine . It's also main reason why most do not get a flushot.   If your at risk or family seems suspect to its effects I understand getting it. For most there is no reason to other than fear of numbers which are given with no  comparisons... just number of new cases.. ever wonder how many new cases of flu happen every day every year??  Not that they report that at all. Media keeps calling it a pandemic, but it lost that status last July.  Simple media shoving something down your throat every day.. creating a fear factor. 600000 deaths.. but when you look at population of 350000000000 its a miniscule number . Unlike 1918 where 1/2  of population died ( that was from  flu but they don't tell us cases per day for flu though historically it's proved much more deadly.

I never got a flu vax in my life lol still here .

My dad got it because he past 80 and has medical condition . My mom same age did not get it .  I'm a little worried  about her  getting it from us and getting real sick .

Main reason I'm thinking of getting that plus I want to travel with out having to think about this . 

I mean they vaxed all of Israel with Pfizer  most be safe enough for most anyway . 

Trump even got it .

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I never got a flu vax in my life lol still here .

My dad got it because he past 80 and has medical condition . My mom same age did not get it .  I'm a little worried  about her  getting it from us and getting real sick .

Main reason I'm thinking of getting that plus I want to travel with out having to think about this . 

I mean they vaxed all of Israel with Pfizer  most be safe enough for most anyway . 

Trump even got it .

Booster shots before a blood test is foolish . After my son got his vaccines for school we had the doctor pull blood to see if his antibodies were significant . Turns out one shot was enough ,otherwise they'll keep giving them shit just in case. 

• Like 1

I got the vaccine in April. My whole family has the vaccine. We wear masks in any store we go into. My brother lives wit me and refuses to get the vaccine. I bring it up here and there but don't push it. We are both approaching 60. The one thing I just don't get is he has grandkids from 8 months to 10 years old. Visits often. Why not just get it for the safety of the kids. Just my opinion this vaccine thing has been beaten to death.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, First-light said:

I got the vaccine in April. My whole family has the vaccine. We wear masks in any store we go into. My brother lives wit me and refuses to get the vaccine. I bring it up here and there but don't push it. We are both approaching 60. The one thing I just don't get is he has grandkids from 8 months to 10 years old. Visits often. Why not just get it for the safety of the kids. Just my opinion this vaccine thing has been beaten to death.

How many kids do you know of that get sick from COVID?....I wouldn’t worry about it

• Like 1

If 75% of NY over 18 is vaccinated and a ton more have had covid already, isn’t that enough for herd immunity? 2 or 3 people die each day from covid. That’s not newsworthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He can still contract and spread the virus if he's vaccinated

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 3:53 PM, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Take a look at what happened with marek’s diseases vaccine for chickens which was a leaky vaccine. I am no expert at all and maybe  @knehrke would know if this could be a possible cause.

I'm just seeing this post now. Marek's is a crazy virus, because it's so virulent that it would normally burn itself out before it can spread. The vaccine protects a host enough that it can spread more easily. So yes, the analogy holds up, but with the Delta variant, I don't think we're looking at anything close to that magnitude of danger. And while the jury is still out on it's effectiveness overall, ;particularly as the virus mutates, the COVID vaccine appears to be more like those geared toward measles and mumps than toward malaria, which is leaky.

For example, in Marek's the vaccinated chickens shed 10,000 times more viral particles than unvaccinated hosts (which die quickly). Vaccinated Delta hosts may develop transmittable levels of virus in their nasal passages. It's orders of magnitude different, even though the same principle applies. Great point for discussion.

• Like 1

But in vaccinated people, the replication soon alerts the immune system to send blood-borne antibodies that neutralize the virus in the nose and throat, Leal says. Another new preprint from scientists in Singapore found that although vaccinated and unvaccinated patients infected with Delta had similar viral loads when diagnosed, those loads declined more rapidly in the vaccinated. “Based on basic immunology, that’s exactly what we would expect—that vaccinated individuals would clear the infection much faster,” says Kristian Andersen, an infectious disease researcher at Scripps Research.

A friend of a friend got the vaccine and then seizures and a stroke about a month later. Young guys in his 30’s.

Doctors called it a vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia (VITT)

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

A friend of a friend got the vaccine and then seizures and a stroke about a month later. Young guys in his 30’s.

Doctors called it a vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia (VITT)

That can’t be. The commercials every 30 seconds keep saying it’s “safe and effective “..

That can’t be. The commercials every 30 seconds keep saying it’s “safe and effective “..

Actually that is a documented rare side effect of the JNJ vaccine

29 minutes ago, Chef said:

Actually that is a documented rare side effect of the JNJ vaccine

I guess it's happening with the other ones too then or not ,who knows

Edited by Jeremy K

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

Why? You got your shot, stop worrying about what other people choose to do with their body. I’m not vaccinated but could care less if someone chooses too. 

• Like 6

Why? You got your shot, stop worrying about what other people choose to do with their body. I’m not vaccinated but could care less if someone chooses too. 

Hahah are you anit abortion?

• Haha 1