Vaccination

An anti-vaccine entrepreneur sold about 250 fake COVID-19 vaccination cards through Instagram to New York healthcare workers, while a conspirator entered some of those people into a state database for vaccination registrations, Manhattan prosecutors said Tuesday.

I am not sure who is dumber, the person selling the cards on Instagram for the world to see or the people who shelled out 200 bucks for an illegal card that traces directly back to them.

I know that slice of white American cheese (not actually cheese) on their tacos takes ones taste buds back to 18th century Mexico but I still prefer TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t think any of the “food” is actually what they say it is but that won’t stop me from eating it a couple times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cachemoney said:

An anti-vaccine entrepreneur sold about 250 fake COVID-19 vaccination cards through Instagram to New York healthcare workers, while a conspirator entered some of those people into a state database for vaccination registrations, Manhattan prosecutors said Tuesday.

I am not sure who is dumber, the person selling the cards on Instagram for the world to see or the people who shelled out 200 bucks for an illegal card that traces directly back to them.

Health care workers not wanting the shot ,ya don't say.

6 hours ago, Chef said:

Never mind the 5/7 and 6/7 not making sense but do you know why the partially vaccinated are having less case count from 16-59 age groups than the fully vaccinated? Even in the age groups 60-90+ there is little difference between partially and fully  vaccinated. Do you know what is being considered fully vaccinated in regards to the information 2 or 3 shots as 3 is now considered fully vaccinated in Israel? Honest questions as I may have missed this info in the article or am I not reading this data incorrectly?

88E70E9D-F5F7-4B25-ABD3-DEAEF2BD9A21.png

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

2 hours ago, cachemoney said:

200. Bucks is too much. Can get em for 20, is what I heard

When trying to find more information on the Israel data. I came across this. Mediabiasfactcheck shows it to be a reliable and factual news publication. After reading of the high vaccination rates across all age groups, I am not sure how this could be.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/israel-leads-world-in-rolling-average-of-new-daily-infections-per-capita-study/

7D147943-7B4D-4531-B1D1-341D1FAFBEF6.jpeg

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

21 hours ago, Grouse said:

The natural immune protection that develops after a SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably more of a shield against the Delta variant of the pandemic coronavirus than two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, according to a large Israeli study that some scientists wish came with a “Don’t try this at home” label. The newly released data show people who once had a SARS-CoV-2 infection were much less likely than never-infected, vaccinated people to get Delta, develop symptoms from it, or become hospitalized with serious COVID-19.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/08/having-sars-cov-2-once-confers-much-greater-immunity-vaccine-vaccination-remains-vital?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email

The study, led by Tal Patalon and Sivan Gazit at KSM, the system’s research and innovation arm, found in two analyses that never-infected people who were vaccinated in January and February were, in June, July, and the first half of August, six to 13 times more likely to get infected than unvaccinated people who were previously infected with the coronavirus. In one analysis, comparing more than 32,000 people in the health system, the risk of developing symptomatic COVID-19 was 27 times higher among the vaccinated, and the risk of hospitalization eight times higher.

Here is a question I have never heard anyone ask .

What if you had covid19 and then get the vax ?

Are you even  more  immune then people who just got the vax and people who never got neither vax nor covid19  ?     

I have not seen a study on that yet because  if you tell someone that got covid  already and got over it with no problems  they will boost there own  immunity even more then normal they may be convinced to take it . But if there is no proof of that why bother you know what I mean  . 

Why take something if there is no  proof you need it.  Like just because someone else needs it ? 

Edited by phantom

8 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

200. Bucks is too much. Can get em for 20, is what I heard

I saw some that somebody bought on eBay a while back. 10 for $10. Straight from China. They looked identical to the real thing. 

Edited by NonTypical

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Are you even  more  immune then people who just got the vax and people who never got neither vax nor covid19  ?     

I have not seen a study on that yet because  if you tell someone that got covid  already and got over it with no problems  they will boost there own  immunity even more then normal they may be convinced to take it . But if there is no proof of that why bother you know what I mean  . 

Why take something if there is no  proof you need it.  Like just because someone else needs it ? 

I'll be 66 in December.  I've had CV-19.  My doctor says there is no evidence coming from studies to show the vax will do anything for me.  She says my natural immunity to the virus is the best form of immunity, even against any new variant.  She says I may get sick again, but will probably have even lighter symptoms, if any at all, and will merely build up even more immunity to the virus and it's variants. 

Then she said, "I'm still supposed to tell you the vaccine would be good for you, because it couldn't hurt."  I asked her how she could be sure it couldn't hurt in the long term?  Her reply was, "I just said I'm supposed to tell you that. I can't say it won't. I would hope it wouldn't, but some vaccines have."

So if it won't do me any good, and nobody can say it won't harm me someday, why would I take it?

• Like 6

Recent studies appear to indicate that post-infection immunity equals or is greater than vaccine-mediated, at least in the short term. I have no idea how quickly that immunity wanes. IMHO, having had COVID justifies punting on the vaccine. But that's just one opinion, and I suspect the ultimate answer will be more complicated. Which variant, symptomatic infection, how was infection ascertained, how long ago? With the vaccine at least, you're comparing apples to apples for everyone.

For the unvaccinated who haven't had COVID though, the disease's potential immediate and long term repercussions outweigh the jab, even in this short one year period that we have to pull data. But of course nobody thinks that it can happen to them, and everybody should be able to choose their own flavor of risk.

• Like 1

Yes studies have been done and covid plus the vax gives the highest immunity one can get

I saw some that somebody bought on eBay a while back. 10 for $10. Straight from China. They looked identical to the real thing. 

Again don’t you see the issue here… straight from China. China started this, China is profiting from this, China likes to fuel the divide in this country.
Not getting vaxed and buying these stupid cards is exactly what CHINA wants you to do

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chef said:

Again don’t you see the issue here… straight from China. China started this, China is profiting from this, China likes to fuel the divide in this country.
Not getting vaxed and buying these stupid cards is exactly what CHINA wants you to do

Democrats are profiting from this as much as China or anyone else. Pretty obvious with the amount of cash the useless one has printed and sent out to……. ??         Yup. Global warming fixes. 

2 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

When are our leaders going to seriously start talking about reparations? 

Sadly out elected officials are the biggest yellow bellied cowards to ever step foot in the White House ,they wouldnt dare bite the hand that feeds them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Democrats are profiting from this as much as China or anyone else. Pretty obvious with the amount of cash the useless one has printed and sent out to……. ??         Yup. Global warming fixes. 

Dont forget about infrastructure, that could go anywhere

16 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

When are our leaders going to seriously start talking about reparations? 

14 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

12 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Sadly out elected officials are the biggest yellow bellied cowards to ever step foot in the White House ,they wouldnt dare bite the hand that feeds them.

Imagine the pandemic started in 2021 with Joey B at the helm? We wouldn't have stopped incoming flights from China or anywhere. In fact, we would have invited them in most likely. What would the impact have been- triple the deaths?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, knehrke said:

Recent studies appear to indicate that post-infection immunity equals or is greater than vaccine-mediated, at least in the short term. I have no idea how quickly that immunity wanes. IMHO, having had COVID justifies punting on the vaccine. But that's just one opinion, and I suspect the ultimate answer will be more complicated. Which variant, symptomatic infection, how was infection ascertained, how long ago? With the vaccine at least, you're comparing apples to apples for everyone.

For the unvaccinated who haven't had COVID though, the disease's potential immediate and long term repercussions outweigh the jab, even in this short one year period that we have to pull data. But of course nobody thinks that it can happen to them, and everybody should be able to choose their own flavor of risk.

Maybe for someone with comorbidities. But for a normal healthy person, the risk from a experimental vaccine outweighs getting COVID. 

• Like 1

Rochesters two major health systems just sent letters to their employees, get the shot or “we” consider that you resigned ( so no unemployment) oh and no accrued vacation pay one says. This applies to work from home employees as well… I’ve only read one systems letter , not sure how the two compare in all details .

25% of the nurses said they won’t get the shot ,  currently the nursing staff at the hospital my daughter works at is down close to 20% . 

Edit. Here’s the other letter , I don’t have a copy of the other systems right now 

D1A6958E-7C07-455E-9AC8-0FF5BE9B6342.png

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1