Vaccination

30 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Myself and my family are getting in better physical shape . Never know when you'll have to wrestle chef or versatile hunter for the last package of toilet paper at wegmans.

I'm putting $2 on you. No Wegmans out this way or in SENY that I know of, so you have home turf advantage. Don't drop the ball here, $2 can buy a pack of 10 masks.

2 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I'm putting $2 on you. No Wegmans out this way or in SENY that I know of, so you have home turf advantage. Don't drop the ball here, $2 can buy a pack of 10 masks.

I think you might have just come up with an actual use for these masks after all. 

9 hours ago, left field said:

It's like Kirk vs NOMAD. 

I don’t get the reference, but James T is my screen saver on my phone , I’d defer to him in battle . 

I met Scotty ( James Doohan ) had him sign my book “ beam me up  Larry .”  I’d gladly take any shot from Bones as well . 

1A8E1994-D6B2-4A07-8BCB-95E8CB5D9FB6.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

2 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

The trump vaccine is crap.  Trump gave America a “vaccine” if we want to even call it that.  They need to take the Trump Vaccine and flush them. 

You make it sound like Trump brewed up the vaccine himself in a vat at the White House. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? As I'm sure you know, the pharmaceutical companies developed the vaccines and the FDA gave them their preliminary approvals. The same companies and the same FDA that is here today under sleepy Joe's watch and the new administration is all in on them. What's Joe doing about this besides mandating that we take them?

Serious question. What has anyone actually done (besides posting here which is like pissing in the ocean to try and fill it) to make a change in their local community to support their side of the “issue?”

If you hate masks and vaccines, how have you “fought” that - contact school boards? Local government? Boycotted businesses? Isolated yourself?

If you love masks and vaccines, have you contacted school boards? Local govt? Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the other day. I was in Cold Spring on the Hudson and a coffee required a mask to be worn inside. My wife and I walked in and back out. We haven’t even carried a mask in months, so we just went down the road to the next coffee shop that didn’t require it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

The newest Wegman’s is in Westchester County I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

22 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I don’t get the reference, but James T is my screen saver on my phone , I’d defer to him in battle . 

I met Scotty ( James Doohan ) had him sign my book “ beam me up  Larry .”  I’d gladly take any shot from Bones as well . 

It's cool you met Doohan.

I was thinking about this NOMAD that Kirk beat by pointing out the machine's imperfection which results in an irreversible logic loop and the machine self destructing.

In retrospect, it was a bit of an obscure reference but in my defense, I was in my high school's AV club.

image.png.3b929db929ecfefa873379c2b9caab35.png

Just now, left field said:

I was thinking about this NOMAD that Kirk beat by pointing out the machine's imperfection which results in an irreversible logic loop and the machine self destructing.

In retrospect, it was a bit of an obscure reference but in my defense, I was in my high school's AV club.

Beat it with the oldest trick in the book

13 minutes ago, left field said:

I should have known that ! 
Saw an interview with Doohan , he said he was basically playing himself , “ 99% myself ,1% accent “ .

he was wounded on Juno beach during the D day invasion. Fascinating….

Edited by Nomad

On 9/15/2021 at 9:16 AM, BowmanMike said:

small fish as well for the most part. It is a matter of scale. Politicians and politics are really just a screen for the real people in power.

So you are ok with politicians making millions on bribes etc because that is small fish but self made billionaires are evil. 

Somehow that makes sense to you? No wonder I will never see things your way....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

Serious question. What has anyone actually done (besides posting here which is like pissing in the ocean to try and fill it) to make a change in their local community to support their side of the “issue?”

If you hate masks and vaccines, how have you “fought” that - contact school boards? Local government? Boycotted businesses? Isolated yourself?

If you love masks and vaccines, have you contacted school boards? Local govt? Etc.

I have walked in the door and right back out of any business that is still requiring masks. Thankfully there are very few of them now. I have contacted and spoken too the school board regarding mask wearing in school as well as our local government. 

• Like 1

I have walked in the door and right back out of any business that is still requiring masks. Thankfully there are very few of them now. I have contacted and spoken too the school board regarding mask wearing in school as well as our local government. 

What was the school boards response?
Allow me to guess: not our call we are doing what was told to us.
So NOW WHAT?

This is how the X-Men started.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/09/14/researchers-superhuman-immunity-covid-19/

Studies show both hybrid immunity and superhuman immunity are ways in which our bodies may have extra fighting power against COVID-19.

Experts say they’ve heard the terms used interchangeably, but they’re a little bit different.

Hybrid immunity, is when someone has had COVID-19 and the vaccine. It provides people with antibodies from both.

Superhuman immunity starts off the same way, but that some people with particular genetics can develop even more immunity.

“There are some of us that have this super ability to be able to recover from infections, COVID being one of them, a little better than the general population,” said Archana Narayan, and Immunologist with North Texas Allergy & Asthma Associates.

Experts say it’s a rare phenomenon.

“It’s a descriptive term for an individual to generate very high amounts of neutralizing antibodies,” Dr. Mohanakrishnan Sathyamoorthy, Chair of Internal Medicine, TCU and UNTHSC.

Studies show that some folks may have hit the genetic jackpot, meaning their bodies can develop very high levels antibodies that neutralize the virus.

Exactly and I honestly don't know...

And that’s my current dilemma and I don’t mean to put you on the spot. I too have avoided shops that demand masks even for vaxed and made my decision to vac based on my dr and my family’s concerns of the amount of exposure I experience.

Do I think Masks are doing anything for our kids or teachers in school? Probably not especially since they all go play close
Contact sport’s maskless. And yet they and I wear them every day based on govt rules.
So for all those who simply say F the Gov and I make my own choice and no one will tell me what to do, What choice do I have?

And don’t say leave my job if 21 years and pack your kids and homeschool…..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ApexerER said:

So you are ok with politicians making millions on bribes etc because that is small fish but self made billionaires are evil. 

Somehow that makes sense to you? No wonder I will never see things your way....

Matter of scale? millions vs billions? and who does the bribing? No wonder you don't see things...

People who find they must bribe politicians have come to understand they sometimes can't accomplish anything under a corrupt government unless they do.

The real question is, who is demanding bribes and why are they not prosecuted when they take them?  The government tried to go after Bill Gates and break up Microsoft because he refused to play their bribery game.  They never expected he would spend 10 times what they demanded to fight them, and win.

And to assume all billionaires dishonestly earned their wealth, is proof you have swallowed that leftist lie.

12 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

The trump vaccine was an epic failure.  And if you don’t believe me just scroll back and read the thread. Plenty of supporting evidence.

Time to close the thread down fasteddie!!!

Here's to hoping the biden vaccine works better . He did tell us how much better we would be if he was president ,of course everything in this country is in worse shape then the previous 4 years . I'm sure it will turn around anytime now now. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

The trump vaccine was an epic failure.  And if you don’t believe me just scroll back and read the thread. Plenty of supporting evidence.

Time to close the thread down fasteddie!!!

We know you're a fan of Trump, but we are on Bidens watch now. So what is Biden doing that is useful? Anything?