Vaccination

ME: CDC, should I get poke if I already had Covid?
CDC: “Yes, you should be poked regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19.”
ME: Oh, okay, we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts. Got it. So, how long does poke-induced immunity last?
CDC: “There is still a lot we are learning about COVID-19 pokes and CDC is constantly reviewing evidence and updating guidance. We don’t know how long protection lasts for those who are poked.”
ME: Okay … but wait a second. I thought you said the reason I need the poke was because we don’t know how long my natural immunity lasts, but it seems like you’re saying we ALSO don’t know how long poke immunity lasts either. So, how exactly is the poke immunity better than my natural immunity?
CDC: …
ME: Uh … alright. But, haven’t there been a bunch of studies suggesting that natural immunity could last for years or decades?
CDC: Yes.
NEWYORKTIMES: “Years, maybe even decades, according to a new study.”
ME: Ah. So natural immunity might last longer than poke immunity?
CDC: Possibly. You never know.
ME: Okay. If I get the poke, does that mean I won’t get sick?
BRITAIN: Nope. We are just now entering a seasonal spike and about half of our infections and hospital admissions are poked people.
ME: CDC, is this true? Are there a lot of people in the U.S. catching Covid after getting the poke?
CDC: We stopped tracking breakthrough cases. We accept voluntary reports of breakthroughs but aren’t out there looking for them.
ME: Does that mean that if someone comes in the hospital with Covid, you don’t track them because they’ve been poked? You only track the UN-poked Covid cases?
CDC: That’s right.
ME: Oh, okay. Hmm. Well, if I can still get sick after I get the poke, how is it helping me?
CDC: We never said you wouldn’t get sick. We said it would reduce your chances of serious illness or death.
ME: Oh, sorry. Alright, exactly how much does it reduce my chance of serious illness or death.
CDC: We don’t know “exactly.”
ME: Oh. Then what’s your best estimate for how much risk reduction there is?
CDC: We don’t know, okay? Next question.
ME: Um, if I’m healthy and don’t want the poke, is there any reason I should get it?
CDC: Yes, for the collective.
ME: How does the collective benefit from me getting poked?
CDC: Because you could spread the virus to someone else who might get sick and die.
ME: Can a poked person spread the virus to someone else?
ME: So if I get poked, I could still spread the virus to someone else?
ME: But I thought you just said, the REASON I should get poked was to prevent me spreading the virus? How does that make sense if I can still catch Covid and spread it after getting the poke?
CDC: Never mind that. The other thing is, if you stay unpoked, there’s a chance the virus could possibly mutate into a strain that escapes the pokes protection, putting all poked people at risk.
ME: So the poke stops the virus from mutating?
CDC: No.
ME: So it can still mutate in poked people?
ME: This seems confusing. If the poke doesn’t stop mutations, and it doesn’t stop infections, then how does me getting poked help prevent a more deadly strain from evolving to escape the poke?
CDC: You aren’t listening, okay? The bottom line is: as long as you are unpoked, you pose a threat to poked people.
ME: But what KIND of threat??
CDC: The threat that they could get a serious case of Covid and possibly die.
ME: My brain hurts. Didn’t you JUST say that the poke doesn’t keep people from catching Covid, but prevents a serious case or dying? Now it seems like you’re saying poked people can still easily die from Covid even after they got the poke just by running into an unpoked person! Which is it??
CDC: That’s it, we’re hanging up now.
ME: Wait! I just want to make sure I understand all this. So, even if I ALREADY had Covid, I should STILL get poked, because we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts, and we also don’t know how long poke immunity lasts. And I should get the poke to keep a poked person from catching Covid from me, but even if I get the poke, I can give it to the poked person anyways. And, the other poked person can still easily catch a serious case of Covid from me and die. Do I have all that right?
ME: Um, hello? Is anyone there?
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Grouse said:
ME: CDC, should I get poke if I already had Covid?
CDC: “Yes, you should be poked regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19.”
ME: Oh, okay, we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts. Got it. So, how long does poke-induced immunity last?
CDC: “There is still a lot we are learning about COVID-19 pokes and CDC is constantly reviewing evidence and updating guidance. We don’t know how long protection lasts for those who are poked.”
ME: Okay … but wait a second. I thought you said the reason I need the poke was because we don’t know how long my natural immunity lasts, but it seems like you’re saying we ALSO don’t know how long poke immunity lasts either. So, how exactly is the poke immunity better than my natural immunity?
CDC: …
ME: Uh … alright. But, haven’t there been a bunch of studies suggesting that natural immunity could last for years or decades?
NEWYORKTIMES: “Years, maybe even decades, according to a new study.”
ME: Ah. So natural immunity might last longer than poke immunity?
CDC: Possibly. You never know.
ME: Okay. If I get the poke, does that mean I won’t get sick?
BRITAIN: Nope. We are just now entering a seasonal spike and about half of our infections and hospital admissions are poked people.
ME: CDC, is this true? Are there a lot of people in the U.S. catching Covid after getting the poke?
CDC: We stopped tracking breakthrough cases. We accept voluntary reports of breakthroughs but aren’t out there looking for them.
ME: Does that mean that if someone comes in the hospital with Covid, you don’t track them because they’ve been poked? You only track the UN-poked Covid cases?
CDC: That’s right.
ME: Oh, okay. Hmm. Well, if I can still get sick after I get the poke, how is it helping me?
CDC: We never said you wouldn’t get sick. We said it would reduce your chances of serious illness or death.
ME: Oh, sorry. Alright, exactly how much does it reduce my chance of serious illness or death.
CDC: We don’t know “exactly.”
ME: Oh. Then what’s your best estimate for how much risk reduction there is?
CDC: We don’t know, okay? Next question.
ME: Um, if I’m healthy and don’t want the poke, is there any reason I should get it?
CDC: Yes, for the collective.
ME: How does the collective benefit from me getting poked?
CDC: Because you could spread the virus to someone else who might get sick and die.
ME: Can a poked person spread the virus to someone else?
ME: So if I get poked, I could still spread the virus to someone else?
ME: But I thought you just said, the REASON I should get poked was to prevent me spreading the virus? How does that make sense if I can still catch Covid and spread it after getting the poke?
CDC: Never mind that. The other thing is, if you stay unpoked, there’s a chance the virus could possibly mutate into a strain that escapes the pokes protection, putting all poked people at risk.
ME: So the poke stops the virus from mutating?
CDC: No.
ME: So it can still mutate in poked people?
ME: This seems confusing. If the poke doesn’t stop mutations, and it doesn’t stop infections, then how does me getting poked help prevent a more deadly strain from evolving to escape the poke?
CDC: You aren’t listening, okay? The bottom line is: as long as you are unpoked, you pose a threat to poked people.
ME: But what KIND of threat??
CDC: The threat that they could get a serious case of Covid and possibly die.
ME: My brain hurts. Didn’t you JUST say that the poke doesn’t keep people from catching Covid, but prevents a serious case or dying? Now it seems like you’re saying poked people can still easily die from Covid even after they got the poke just by running into an unpoked person! Which is it??
CDC: That’s it, we’re hanging up now.
ME: Wait! I just want to make sure I understand all this. So, even if I ALREADY had Covid, I should STILL get poked, because we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts, and we also don’t know how long poke immunity lasts. And I should get the poke to keep a poked person from catching Covid from me, but even if I get the poke, I can give it to the poked person anyways. And, the other poked person can still easily catch a serious case of Covid from me and die. Do I have all that right?
ME: Um, hello? Is anyone there?

Makes complete sense now doesn't it.

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I attribute the 2 month cycle to the pricks screwing with the numbers . The only part of this pandemic I believe is that a virus actually exists. I still remember when they changed the testing standards the very day biden took office.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I attribute the 2 month cycle to the pricks screwing with the numbers . The only part of this pandemic I believe is that a virus actually exists. I still remember when they changed the testing standards the very day biden took office.

I thought the part I highlighted resulted in loosing cycles not adding them. :pardon:

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume it's a great sign that there's no labor shortage or lack of beds etc. We got through the minor spike like last time just fine. Hopefully next spike nobody overreacts for a change.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I assume it's a great sign that there's no labor shortage or lack of beds etc. We got through the minor spike like last time just fine. Hopefully next spike nobody overreacts for a change.

The sheep like to say things like hospitals have no beds but they can never give a single name of a hospital with no beds available. Its engrained in their dna to be gullible or something. Definitely never ones to question anything the news tells them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

The sheep like to say things like hospitals have no beds but they can never give a single name of a hospital with no beds available. Its engrained in their dna to be gullible or something. Definitely never ones to question anything the news tells them.

Yup. I'm a numbers guy so I like to see the numbers.

https://data.lohud.com/covid-19-hospital-capacity/   - this link provides solid data.

For example, Northern Westchester Hospital shows 76 beds used out of 230 (so 33% capacity) and for ICU it's 5 beds used out of 31 (16% capacity). In the last 7 days 57 people came into ER with covid and the 7-day average for hospitalized adults is 7 people. Based on those numbers, I feel confident they could fit me or a loved one in for treatment. Unless, of course, they are short-staffed

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chef said:

Good

Copied from another Nurses Page
You were okay with me holding your mom’s hand when she was cold and scared before surgery.
You were okay with me doing compressions on your dad’s chest when we were trying to save his life.
You were okay with me handing a drill to a doctor that was putting your leg back together after you crashed after you decided to drive drunk.
You were okay with me helping the surgeon open your friend’s abdomen when they were injured during the riots.
You were okay with me helping wash your brother’s infected wounds from his constant drug use.
You were okay with me helping remove your grandma’s skull in order to help the doctor stop the bleeding from when she fell.
You were okay with me assisting in the wonderful gift of life and the c-section of your daughter.
You were okay with me help remove the cancer in your uncle’s lung.
You were okay with me wearing the same mask that was riddled with contamination day in and day out in order to perform my job in the operating room.
You were okay with me having to strip off my clothes and run to the shower before speaking to my family after a long shift with all kinds of unhealthy patients.
You were okay with me bringing “it” home to my family as long as I showed up to work to save yours.
You were okay with calling me and HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of my fellow brothers and sisters in healthcare “heroes” when the media told you to and when it served you.
You are now okay with tossing me out, tossing us out, like garbage because we believe that we should get a choice in our healthcare. We advocated for you, your loved ones, we cared for you, we did things most people can’t fathom... the amount of years in healthcare experience that the US public will be losing is countless. The healthcare world I may be leaving behind is not the one I entered and one I am scared to be a patient in.
I was okay risking mine to save yours...
In the end, I am glad you are still okay!
  • Like 1

Copied from another Nurses Page You were okay with me holding your mom’s hand when she was cold and scared before surgery. You were okay with me doing compressions on your dad’s chest when we were trying to save his life. You were okay with me handing a drill to a doctor that was putting your leg back together after you crashed after you decided to drive drunk. You were okay with me helping the surgeon open your friend’s abdomen when they were injured during the riots. You were okay with me helping wash your brother’s infected wounds from his constant drug use. You were okay with me helping remove your grandma’s skull in order to help the doctor stop the bleeding from when she fell. You were okay with me assisting in the wonderful gift of life and the c-section of your daughter. You were okay with me help remove the cancer in your uncle’s lung. You were okay with me wearing the same mask that was riddled with contamination day in and day out in order to perform my job in the operating room. You were okay with me having to strip off my clothes and run to the shower before speaking to my family after a long shift with all kinds of unhealthy patients. You were okay with me bringing “it” home to my family as long as I showed up to work to save yours. You were okay with calling me and HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of my fellow brothers and sisters in healthcare “heroes” when the media told you to and when it served you. You are now okay with tossing me out, tossing us out, like garbage because we believe that we should get a choice in our healthcare. We advocated for you, your loved ones, we cared for you, we did things most people can’t fathom... the amount of years in healthcare experience that the US public will be losing is countless. The healthcare world I may be leaving behind is not the one I entered and one I am scared to be a patient in. I was okay risking mine to save yours... In the end, I am glad you are still okay!

Yea F her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Confused 1

It's to the point the people on the left will wish harm on those who test positive and are not vaxed just so they can say "I told you so" . It has nothing  to do with the spread anymore ,its all about who's side is right. They just cant stand that people can walk right through covid just by living a semi healthy lifestyle.  Most of the cheerleaders for team vax are just jealous the other team doesnt live in fear.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

This data is from 12-15 year olds in the UK, who are at very little risk of viral complications upon early infection. Of course, the same is not true as we are finding out a year down the road, but that data is only now emerging and isn't solid enough to support rigorous conclusions. Regardless, I would urge interested readers to compare the vaccine risks of myocarditis to similar risks in unvaccinated children before jumping up and down about how the vaccine is hurting our kids, and also ask how myocarditis was defined. The devil is in the details, and it's easy to make numbers fit a narrative.

As always, I am not in favor of mandates, but I am in favor of informed decision making and sound judgement. Although of course that's not necessary either - people should be free to make as many stupid decisions as they want about their own bodies. I have some bad hair pics and drunken ink that I'd like to take back proving just that lol. 

Edited by knehrke
  • Like 1